Who said mongrels are ugly?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

A Friend
Dog Kichi

Mar 28, 2004, 6:08 AM

Post #1 of 74 (6031 views)
Shortcut
Who said mongrels are ugly? Can't Post

Wow...today I went with my friend Larry to see a new litter of mongrel puppies in Singapore. I saw both the parents (who are also mongrels)...gosh, they're as beautiful as ANY purebred dogs I have ever seen. The whole litter was beautiful too...and Larry came back with two beautiful puppies.

Whoever said that mongrels are ugly? Not in a million years!

--------------------
SHERMAN YL KUEK
Father to Charis & Chayim

rocz

Mar 28, 2004, 5:49 PM

Post #2 of 74 (6024 views)
Shortcut
Re: [A Friend] Who said mongrels are ugly? [In reply to] Can't Post

hehhe...hi,...I am larry...the father of the 2 new puppies...

u can see their pic fr here

http://www.imagestation.com/...d12c5d7/f935c0a7.jpg

At first I only wanted to adopt one....but there are simply irresistable...and sherman FORCED me to keep 2......lets hope he will contribute some milk for the puppies...lol

A Friend
Dog Kichi

Mar 29, 2004, 6:43 AM

Post #3 of 74 (6019 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rocz] Who said mongrels are ugly? [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry Larry, my milk is all dried up already...you should have asked earlier. Wink

--------------------
SHERMAN YL KUEK

Dsidhu
Novice

Mar 30, 2004, 3:48 AM

Post #4 of 74 (6005 views)
Shortcut
how do i bring a puppy from singapore ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hey any idea how do i bring a puppy or dog from singapore to malaysia.please asst me on this matter :). Do i have pay some amout of money or anything else ? thanks

Khoobg
Webmaster

Mar 30, 2004, 3:57 AM

Post #5 of 74 (6003 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dsidhu] how do i bring a puppy from singapore ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Read this FAQ

http://agrolink.moa.my/...-imp/petimp-faq.html
  1. Is there a restriction on the type of pets that can be imported?
    Certain breeds of dogs cannot be imported into the country while there are restrictions on the import of some other breeds of dogs. Please refer to the LIST of Banned / Restricted Breeds of Dogs and Conditions for the approval of importation of Restricted Breeds of dogs.

Exotic pets of wildlife origin may be subject to wildlife conservation conditions under the CITES. Please refer to the Department of Wildlife and National Parks for details
  2. How do I import pets into Malaysia ?
    Imports are subject to import regulations of the Department of Veterinary Services Malaysia (DVS), which are available at this office.
    • Is there a minimum age requirement for importation?
      Dogs and cats shall be at least 3 months of age at the time of import.
    • How many pets can I import?
      There is no restriction on the number of pets that can be imported by a person. However the local authorities in Malaysia may have regulations pertaining to the number of dogs that can be kept within residential premises.
    • Do I need an Import Permit?
      You are required to obtain an import permit from this department to be able to import pets into Malaysia. To import an exotic animal or a wildlife as pet you may also be required to obtain an approval from the Department of Wildlife Conservation and National Parks prior to applying for the import permit from DVS.
      • Where do I obtain an import permit?
      • How do I obtain an import permit?
        You should submit the application together with a copy of current vaccination
        records and import permit fee of five Ringgit (RM 5.00) per dog/cat. The fee can be paid in cash, bank draft, money order or postal order, made payable to the Director General of Veterinary Services Malaysia or the Director of the State concerned. Applicants outside the country may submit applications by post or through a local representative (friend, relative or agent in Malaysia).
        You may
      • How long does it take to obtain an import permit?
        The Permit is issued within a day
      • What is the validity period of the import permit?
        The import permit is valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
    • Veterinary Health Certificate
      • The pet on arrival to Malaysia shall be accompanied with a Veterinary Health Certificate issued by the Veterinary Health Authority of the exporting country.
  3. Requirements or procedures during actual importation
    Imports are subject to import regulations of the Department of Veterinary Services Malaysia (DVS), which are available at this office.
    • What are the requirements or procedures during actual importation?
      Pets can only be imported as manifested cargo and shall be declared to the Animal Quarantine Officer at the landing point for entry clearance.
    • Do I need to inform the entry point of the arrival of my pet?
      It is not compulsory but it will be good to inform the Animal Quarantine Officer at the point of entry (see list of entry points) with details of estimated arrival time and flight details for faster entry clearance.
    • What happens if on import, I did not comply to the regulations and procedures?
      The pet may not be allowed entry or shall be subject to any action deemed fit by the Animal Quarantine Officer.
  4. Entry Point Clearance
    • Is there a restriction on point of entry?
      Pets shall land for entry clearance only at the point of entry specified in the import permit. Pets that require quarantine may only land at the KLIA, Penang or Padang Besar due the availability of quarantine facilities. Pets that are exempt from quarantine may enter at all points of entry.
    • Are there charges incurred for entry clearance?
      Apart from the Customs charges, entry of pets is subject to veterinary inspection charges.
    • What documents will be required for clearance at the entry point?
      The original copies of the import permit, the health certificate from the veterinary authority of the exporting country and CITES approval (where necessary) shall be submitted to the Animal Quarantine Officer for clearance. All documents shall be in Bahasa Malaysia or English.
    • Does it matter if I do not travel with my pet?
      The pet may travel unaccompanied. A local representative (friend, relative or agent in Malaysia) may be appointed by the owner to handle clearance at the point of entry and to attend to quarantine matters.
  5. Quarantine
    • Is my pet subject to quarantine and what is the duration of quarantine?
      Dogs and cats from the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Brunei and Singapore are not subject to quarantine provided the pets are healthy and all documents are in order. Dogs and cats from other countries are subject to a minimum of 7 days quarantine.
    • Which are the entry points with quarantine facilities?
      Quarantine facilities for dogs and cats are available at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) at Sepang, Penang International Airport, and Padang Besar (Perlis-Thai border).
    • Do I need to make quarantine reservation for my pet?
      For quarantinable pets, import permits shall be issued only upon confirmation of quarantine space which is determined by the Animal Quarantine Station concerned. Hence once the import permit is issued, it means quarantine is reserved for the arrival.
    • How do I get my pet to the quarantine station?
      The Animal Quarantine Officer at the point of entry will assist in the transport of pets to the quarantine station.
    • Can I visit my pet during quarantine?
      Yes, owners and anyone authorised by him is allowed to visit the pets daily between 8.00 am and 4.00 pm. However, visitors are advised to strictly observe all rules and regulations of the quarantine station.
    • What are the quarantine charges?
      The quarantine charge for dogs and cats is approximately RM 79.00 and RM 72.00 per week respectively. This charge is exclusive of feed and any treatment costs that may be incurred.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

rocz

Mar 30, 2004, 5:41 AM

Post #6 of 74 (6000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dsidhu] how do i bring a puppy from singapore ? [In reply to] Can't Post

To add on.....if u r travelling by road, then u can only use 2nd link.....dont go by the woodland custom.....:)

kesuke
Doggyman

Mar 30, 2004, 7:58 PM

Post #7 of 74 (5994 views)
Shortcut

hey you got yourself two more pups? Laugh congrats!! but i can't see the photo ler...the link doesn't work...Unsure could you attach the pix here instead? would love to see your new pups.

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

Jenniko
Enthusiast

Mar 31, 2004, 3:08 AM

Post #8 of 74 (5986 views)
Shortcut

Hello Larry,

Congratulation on having the new family members...yes...they are so beautiful that I also want to have one...hehehe....they are adorable...

Do you want to give up one for adoption? Consider me la...hehehe...but I bet you won't....hehehe

Love,
Jennifer

~Julie - My beloved mixed terrier ~
**Always in memory**
--Rest in Peace--

Jenniko
Enthusiast

Mar 31, 2004, 3:12 AM

Post #9 of 74 (5985 views)
Shortcut

Hello Sherman,

So nice of you to force Larry into adopting both...hehe...yes...who said mongrels are ugly? I believe all dogs are cute and beautiful....I just love them...just like I fall in love at first sight....hahaha...

Any more puppy for adoption???? Hehehe...I don't really mind what they look like...or what type of breed...as long as they are doggie...I will love them no matter what...

See ya...

Opppsss...I posted twice...sorry...

Love,
Jennifer

**Always in memory**
--Rest in Peace--

(This post was edited by Jenniko on Mar 31, 2004, 3:13 AM)

rocz

Mar 31, 2004, 5:39 AM

Post #10 of 74 (5979 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jenniko] Who said mongrels are ugly? [In reply to] Can't Post

heheh...yeah...u r right...at this moment i wont ....

coz the two are simply adorable and i think it was good that i adopted 2...coz this two can really play together.....being alone could be very kesian....

i will try to change my avatar to add them in...:)

paulynn
ALPHA

Jun 3, 2004, 6:02 AM

Post #11 of 74 (5847 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jenniko,

I can honestly tell u whoever who said that mongrels are ugly. People who are blinded by the outer beauty of a purebreed.That's the fact.If anyone who's reading this can't accept the words that i've typed, then it's their problem not mine. Everyone i know (not just in puppy but outside of puppy.com too) are so hung up about their over-used "i'm a doglover" phrase! It's just as sickening as eating a 6 ft long candy stick! I've been saying this over and over again but i'm still gonna say it until everyone stops talking bad about mongrels. All dogs in the world are the same! There is no such difference between a street dog with tons of ticks and any purebreed dog! The only diff: the dalmie has a place to stay,safe from getting monster figures of ticks but he probably don't know whether his master love him for him or love him because he looks grand! As for the poor looking mongrel : body's filed with ticks because he's not as grand looking as any purebreed dogs he sees while walking pass their houses and gets chased away by so-called dog lover because he's dirty and ugly.

Talking about people like them, can u believe some would have the nerve to actually ask for a purebreed or "nice-looking" puppy in spca when i was around?!! One even had the nerve to say "i want a nice-looking dog, not all these normal-looking ugly puppies!" God, this guy had regretted coming to spca n meeting me because he had a fantastic time with me being lectured and scolded and get "slapped" right to his face abut the truth about all dogs!

So everyone, if u've come across someone who loudly declares that he/she's a dog lover, you know what to do.

dodo888
Dog Kichi

Jun 3, 2004, 6:26 AM

Post #12 of 74 (5846 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulynn] Who said mongrels are ugly? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, most dog-lover are actually breed-lover. they need an expensive breed to match thier status. or uplift thier status. just like some working class who save every penny to afford the Gucci and DKNY. something to make them feel superior. i know of one very very ugly looking woman breeder. she had a few champion breeds, she actually admit that mongruels does not deserve to have a life. she drive a foreign brand car but make in msia and live in a bungalow. she is a single. reason? nobody want to adopt her bcos she is too ugly. much like the mongruel herself.

Jenniko
Enthusiast

Jun 3, 2004, 5:31 PM

Post #13 of 74 (5841 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulynn] Who said mongrels are ugly? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Paulynn,

Well said. So much true in your words. I saw people like that too. Just want good breed or well known. Like one member quote it: there is no bad breed, only bad breeding. So true too.

Sometimes, when I see those homeless dogs at the street, they really took my heart away. I feel sad for them. Much more sad for myself because I can't help them. The best I have done so far is taking a homeless dog outside my bf's house to be our dog. She is adorable and live with my bf's family since I found her. I'm proud to have her. She is my bf's darling now...his daughter...hehe...

Aiya, at the end of the day, there are tons of people like what you have mentioned. What really can we do to change their mindset? Especially those who are rich, they want nothing less pretty to show off. But I believe there are still a lot of people like us, who treasure all dogs. Right?

Love,
Jennifer

**Always in memory**
--Rest in Peace--

Jenniko
Enthusiast

Jun 3, 2004, 5:43 PM

Post #14 of 74 (5840 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dodo888] Who said mongrels are ugly? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

Not surprising to me that she is single. All alone and maybe will be alone in her whole life if she keeps her attitude and perception of beauty. She who doesn't know how to treasure life of other being (even just a dog) should live long...and alone...I guess this is the worst punishment to anyone in life, right? To me, death is not as bad as living life all alone. No human to share your life with. Isn't it obvious to her that she is the pity one and not all those mongrels? To me, I pity her.

I just hope she treats her other dogs good. Just pray for them. Just hope that she won't treat her 'champion' dogs the same way to the mongrels like what she said so.

Love,
Jennifer

**Always in memory**
--Rest in Peace--

paulynn
ALPHA

Jun 5, 2004, 3:45 AM

Post #15 of 74 (5829 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Well, i'd have to oppose somethings that u've mentioned earlier especially that part on rich people because not all rich people are like that especially if u meet a friend of mine who's a really rich and owns more than ..lets just say 20 dogs incase we actually have some law officers here lol. And most of her dogs are not even purebreeds! The only p.b's a pug who's also from spca :)

renaoh
Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2004, 7:42 PM

Post #16 of 74 (5777 views)
Shortcut

Hi, I am new here n I hope someone can give me some advise. I have a 3 year old daughter who's very timid n shy. I wish to get her a dog to help her come out of her shell. Will a mongrel be a good choice as a companion for her? I am thinking of a dog that is easy to care and will be gentle and obedient. Thanks

A Friend
Dog Kichi

Jun 17, 2004, 10:36 PM

Post #17 of 74 (5769 views)
Shortcut
Re: [renaoh] Who said mongrels are ugly? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Renaoh,

I am not sure if having a dog will constitute a feasible solution for a child's shyness and timidity. However, if it is a good solution, there are other relevant factors that you might wish to evaluate in this consideration:

1. Is your child able to love a dog and be responsible for its life?

2. Is your family willing to invest time and money on the dog?

3. Is your family willing to establish a new lifestyle that revolves around the needs of the dog?

It is a common misperception among many people that dogs usually adapt to their owners' lifestyle. On the contrary, in the interest of the dog, it is usually the owners who have to reconstruct their lifestyle to meet the emotional and physical needs of the dog. Ever since I adopted my two dogs, I have found that I am now spending a significantly smaller proportion of my income on my own pleasures such as movies and CDs and books. Instead, a larger proportion of my income is now spend on their medical fees, on providing holistic food for them, buying all kinds of equipment and liquids and medication for their grooming, health, neatness, and buying toys to keep them occupied. It has also meant being at home more for their sake, because they are miserable when I am out of sight for extended hours. Quite a large measure of self-denial there, wouldn't you say so? Wink

But the joy that my family and I have been able to share with my dogs way surpasses all the sacrifices I have had to make for their sakes. Then again, that is because we love dogs. Hope this helps. I wish you all the best in your contemplation of the best solution for your child!

--------------------
SHERMAN YL KUEK

renaoh
Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2004, 11:06 PM

Post #18 of 74 (5767 views)
Shortcut

Hi Sherman,

Thanks for the advice. The situation is such that my daughter is going to be an only child. Hubby and I thought that getting a puppy might be a good way to get her to open-up and be a little more adventurous. We want an easy-to-care for puppy, one that does not require much maintenance in terms of grooming. Finance does not permit us with a predigree or an expensive dog and that is why we thought a mongrel/mixed breed dog might be the answer. But before we go looking for a mongrel, we appreciate any feedback that we can get on whether we are making the right decisions.

Thanks.

A Friend
Dog Kichi

Jun 18, 2004, 12:53 AM

Post #19 of 74 (5763 views)
Shortcut

It is a common misperception that mongrels do not possess the admirable qualities of purebred dogs. In actual fact, mongrels have to capacity to be everything a purebred dog is...and what more, MINUS the inherent deficiencies present in each purebreed. So a mongrel is a great way to go.

However, the mongrel also poses an element of uncertainty (especially in terms of temperament) because of the genetic mixture between several breeds (which often cannot even be readily identified just by looking at the offspring). It can work both for and against us. So to adopt a mongrel would mean that one needs to have a sense of "adventure"! Wink

--------------------
SHERMAN YL KUEK

(This post was edited by A Friend on Jun 18, 2004, 12:57 AM)

renaoh
Enthusiast

Jun 18, 2004, 7:09 PM

Post #20 of 74 (5757 views)
Shortcut

Hi Sherman & everyone on board,

I think you what said is logical and have now decided a mongrel it is going to be. I lived in Seremban and work in Nilai. Any idea who has a puppy mongrel for adoption?Smile

Thanks

dodo888
Dog Kichi

Jun 23, 2004, 9:13 PM

Post #21 of 74 (5709 views)
Shortcut

hi,

Paws has many mongrel pups for adoption. pls visit paws. i myself have adopted many mongrels and they r wonderful!

renaoh
Enthusiast

Jun 24, 2004, 1:06 AM

Post #22 of 74 (5703 views)
Shortcut

Drove around Seremban town on Sat n Sun trying to look out for some stray puppies on the roadside. I would thought that wet-markets and supermarkets would be a more likely place to find them, but no such luck. But found quite a number of stray kittens. Called up SPCA Selangor and they told me there's a SPCA in Seremban. Try to find the given address, couldn't find it, so I call the tel number. The property owner's son pick up my call and told me that SPCA Seremban is actually using his home address while looking for their own space and they that temporary, they do not have any dogs/animals for adoption. Was also told that it might take approx 4-7 months before SPCA Seremban can actually operate their project. If any members around Seremban/Nilai area have any news about puppy for adoption, please email me at .

Thanks

dodo888
Dog Kichi

Jun 24, 2004, 2:19 AM

Post #23 of 74 (5701 views)
Shortcut

hi renaoh,

is commuting to KL a problem for u? is u r not choosy, i can actually drive down to seremban an deliver a puppy to u. but only if u r serious n not choosy.

paws actually have a few very nice pups according to my observation. they r easy to maintain and friendly n healthy. let me know.

(This post was edited by dodo888 on Jun 24, 2004, 2:23 AM)

renaoh
Enthusiast

Jun 24, 2004, 6:41 PM

Post #24 of 74 (5683 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

At Paws, there's a pair of mongrels (Patches n Sooty) which my friend and I is interested in. If all goes well, we will be driving down to Paws this weekend to see them. I cannot say for sure whether Patches n Sooty will end up with us becoz there are so many puppies/dogs there and we could fall in love with some other puppy/dog. Looking forward to the trip.

dodo888
Dog Kichi

Jun 25, 2004, 3:20 AM

Post #25 of 74 (5679 views)
Shortcut

hi,

glad to hear that u r making a trip down to paws this weekend. hope to see u there.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my