On Heat ?

boon
Doggyman

Dec 13, 2002, 6:07 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1010 views)
Shortcut
On Heat ? Can't Post

Hi All,

I think Bonney is on heat now, 2 days back i saw some dried blood sticked on 'that' area. But will she be to young to be on heat Blush? She is only 6 months and 3 weeks plus or to be precised is 4 days to 7 months.

Anyone out there has any experience on this, is this so called on heat this normal happened in such a young age and what are the thing that i should keep an eye on it. She is def. indoor now. No evening walking anymore. How about on the diet ? Do i need to increase or decrease or remain the amount of kibble consume daily ?

First timer to handle and experience this....Tongue Do i need to bring her to the vet for check up ah ?

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

serene_kwlim
K9 Maniac

Dec 18, 2002, 11:08 PM

Post #2 of 7 (994 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] On Heat ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear All,

Last week, when i'm grooming my Jamie i noticed that her private part Blushswallon (biger than normal) but no blood just pink colour on that part, and she keep on licking !

i'm wondering is she on-heat? she's now 11 months old.

anyone knows how to determine pls. share, coz, i'm worrying about her! (scared is insect bite!)

best regards,Unsure
Serene Lim
My furkids: Jamie & Max.

Jamie's WebSite
GSD Owner? Pls add in!

Jamie's Dogster
Max's Dogster

ashley
ALPHA

Dec 18, 2002, 11:55 PM

Post #3 of 7 (989 views)
Shortcut

i think is ok! U not need bring her to Vet! for puppy they will on 1st heat within 4 to 6 month , so u must be proud cos she become " a lady " lia!!Cool May be she on 1st heat will be pain so u try to don't touch the her private part cos that part will " Bengkak" loh!!
I still take bath for my furkids when that time !! so i think is normal for her !! Don't worry !Smile
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

kbs
Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2002, 1:13 AM

Post #4 of 7 (975 views)
Shortcut
Re: [serene_kwlim] On Heat ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Serene_kwlim,

It is normal for the part to get swollen before their period. Snuffy had her first period when she was about 7 months old and she is now having her third period at the moment..

Regards,
KBS

silky
Novice

Dec 22, 2002, 12:25 PM

Post #5 of 7 (961 views)
Shortcut

Are you trying to breed for pups. If not, its better to get her spay 2 mths later after her heat. There is alot of mammarals cancer for dogs which is not spay. I strongly encourage you to do so.

boon
Doggyman

Dec 24, 2002, 9:56 AM

Post #6 of 7 (951 views)
Shortcut
Re: [silky] On Heat ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Silky,

Actually i'm still thinking whether spaying her or not. I don plan to breed her, but would be nice to have just 1 puppy from her just to keep the generation.

Hope Bonney only has one puppy if i plan to breed her one and then spay.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

cyphang
Canine Addict

Dec 24, 2002, 5:41 PM

Post #7 of 7 (945 views)
Shortcut

From what I heard, big breeds tend to have more puppies, at least 4 and above! Wink
With warm regards,
CY Phang

Mummy of Sunnie, the happy, cheeky and naughty female shih tzu pup

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my