DBKK: LICENSE TO KILL

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

jbrais
Novice

Mar 24, 2004, 2:57 PM

Post #26 of 51 (3204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jbrais] DBKK: LICENSE TO KILL [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm trying to find a lawyer who would be willing to take up this case against DBKK. Unfortunately, one lawyer dare not go ahead for fear I'm fighting a losing battle here. I guess that's his way of saying I shouldn't waste my time fighting for my pet's right???

Unbelievable to see how this country we live in operates in such a state. Gunning down pets, licensed or not, strays alike, it's outrageous. It's morally wrong!

That doesn't happen in the United States, Europe or Australia. The City Hall in the these countries are not directly involved when it comes to eradicating street strays, that's the SPCA job! And our SPCA offices in Malaysia aren't helping much to amend the law in this country against gunning down strays. The use of air rifles by these City Hall people has got to be outlawed. It has got to be BANNED and stopped. I can't fight this case alone. I need the general public, pet-loving Malaysians who had similar experience or those who share my view on the matter to come forward, ALL OF US to help amend the Dog By-Law and fight for the animal's right in this country. Otherwise, a lot of people out there are going to get hurt when they learn their beloved pets are being gunned down by City Hall and the problem is not going to go away unless WE do something about it.

(This post was edited by jbrais on Mar 24, 2004, 3:01 PM)

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 25, 2004, 4:23 AM

Post #27 of 51 (3173 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] DBKK: LICENSE TO KILL [In reply to] Can't Post

hi joanne and all,

your story has been updated. check out www.dailyexpress.com.my/

on your right, there's a weekly special thingy. choose sunday and click on "go". your story is under "Forum"..

any updates??

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

kesuke
Doggyman

Mar 25, 2004, 10:13 AM

Post #28 of 51 (3169 views)
Shortcut

hi...just to let you know that i forwarded your article to a friend who forwarded it to her lawyer friend...though not specializing in this area...but hopefully her lawyer friend could help spread it around...will keep you updated.

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 25, 2004, 5:45 PM

Post #29 of 51 (3164 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icezcream] DBKK: LICENSE TO KILL [In reply to] Can't Post

hi joanne,

my mistake...the weekly special button is on your left.sorry

i was wondering. maybe you could forward max's story to edisi siasat or 7 dipihak anda.possible?

dodo888
Dog Kichi

Mar 26, 2004, 4:55 AM

Post #30 of 51 (3156 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

i am saddened by the incident.. i can imagine how max feel at the point of running home. i hope u can overcome this. we r living in a country where keeping dog/dogs seems like a crime. bcos the majority of the population view them as sinful....that explain the shooting.

nathalie
Doggyman

Mar 26, 2004, 11:26 AM

Post #31 of 51 (3153 views)
Shortcut

so sorry to hear about what has happened to MAX,

i read your stories and told my dad's lawyer about it and they told me the chances of winning is less than 50% coz first of all u dun have witness (the key) and because the dog was removed..there was no circumstancial evidence which could suggest any clues.

furthermore no lawyers except for Karpal Singh dares to challenge and go against the govt...for the risk of their licenses getting hanged plus u need to perform a post mortem on Max which is impossible coz he might have been destroyed by now. Any cases which goes against the govt will rarely succeed plus the judges mostly comprised of Malays who don't give a damm over dog's case....unless u were to sue him in tort but again if it's against the govt chances are really slim.

i know that all these days had been nightmares for you bcause u loved Max so much. sometimes we have to think about ur personal safety and ur family too. we often get emotional but taking matter to courts and going against the govt is not a small matter..it affects u and ur future...the council deserved to be punished but let's leave it to the hands of the people who has more abilities.

hope that you'll feel better now, stay strong coz there's a judgement day for everyone and let God punish him for the pains he has inflicted to Max, u and your family.....if u need help juz msg me..i'll always b ready to lend u hand Smile

rasebastian

Mar 26, 2004, 9:35 PM

Post #32 of 51 (3148 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] DBKK: LICENSE TO KILL [In reply to] Can't Post

Nat, reading your message brought tears to my eyes...what a wonderful person you are.

Guys, know what I like about this community...while the government spends millions telling people that disunity and they are striving to bring about unit within Malaysia...blah blah blah...here we are, of different race and religion (ok..so no malays here I think) still, united and caring for a fellow man or woman. All because we are bound by common love for Dogs! A Dog is truly a man/woman's best friend!

jbrais, I am truly saddened by your loss. A lot of us have gone thru the loss of beloved furkids...though not as mysterious as yours. Make noise thru the proper channels....SPCA, MKA etc. Perhaps even us as dog lovers should send a lett to DBKK to tell them how deeply saddned we are on how Max was handled and the we hope this can be avoided in future. The truth of the matter is, its their word against yours due ot lack of witnesses or evidence. I am sorry, jsrais...I together wth the rest of your family here share your pain and pray that God will heal your hurt soon..as He is doing with me.
-------------------------------------------------------
Gurdian of furkids:
On Earth: Max
In Heaven: Mani (1991), Bonnie (1997), Musso (1999), Brunno (2003), Shadow (2010), Rover (2011)

nathalie
Doggyman

Mar 30, 2004, 9:03 AM

Post #33 of 51 (3128 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rasebastian] DBKK: LICENSE TO KILL [In reply to] Can't Post

hi sebastian,

thanks for your kind words....as a doglover we know how much a dog means to us be it a pedigree or a mongrel. in jbrais's case case, it must have definitelty changed so much of her life that she's wiling and prepared to do anything to compensate & make her beloved dog's death an eye opener to everyone...no matter what it takes....

i understand her feelings but i would just like her to pause and think about the consequences which we always fail to do when we are too swayed by emotions. no matter how hurtful it is the law will still treat a dog as a property and nothing more than that.

Dog's are more than men's best fren dear...they mean the whole world to us. they are always my source of inspiration to study when i'm loss or lazy coz i want to give them a better life and i know i have to work hard to do so...Smile

rasebastian

Mar 30, 2004, 5:55 PM

Post #34 of 51 (3124 views)
Shortcut

Hi Nat. It takes a dog lover to know a dog lover. You're one as well. Its the community spirit in this group that helps one another.

You guys and gals are AWESOME!
Gurdian of furkids:
In Heaven: Mani (1991), Bonnie (1997), Musso (1999), Brunno (2003), Shadow (2010), Rover (2011)

nathalie
Doggyman

Mar 31, 2004, 11:10 AM

Post #35 of 51 (3115 views)
Shortcut

SmileU R awesome too, coz u r a doglover too Smile

rasebastian

Mar 31, 2004, 5:20 PM

Post #36 of 51 (3110 views)
Shortcut

Arf! arf! Arf!
Gurdian of furkids:

jbrais
Novice

Apr 1, 2004, 12:36 AM

Post #37 of 51 (3099 views)
Shortcut

MAXimum Update

The shooting of dogs in Kota Kinabalu has been temporarily suspended.

Here is what happened... I organised a meeting with the Director General of City Hall Kota Kinabalu and his secretary, the head of the newly forming Sabah branch of the SPCA (a retired policeman), local community leaders and concerned dog lovers. The meeting was intense, loud, argumentative and emotional. It was also beneficial and constructive.

There is safety in numbers and the city was obligated to hear and act upon the feelings of the public. We have scheduled another meeting on April 10 to construct a DBKK endorsed city advisory Council for Animal Welfare. I am also in the process of collecting 5000 signatures on a petition to end violence toward dogs and strays. This could be a beginning for real change and improvement in animal rights and treatment in Malaysia.

Talk to your local dog control departments. Tell them about DBKK and Max. Tell them shooting has been suspended in Kota Kinabalu for humanitarian reasons. Tell them you want change too. If we all pull together, there could be great progress. Every community should have an active and robust Council for Animal Welfare. This isn't over yet and there is surely more to come. Stay tuned and thank you for the moral support. Courage, everyone.

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 1, 2004, 7:29 AM

Post #38 of 51 (3095 views)
Shortcut

good sign!!!Winkkeep up the good work!!

i'll sign the petition !!!for Max and others!!!

dodo888
Dog Kichi

Apr 2, 2004, 12:20 AM

Post #39 of 51 (3088 views)
Shortcut

hi jbrais,

great work!

jbrais
Novice

Apr 2, 2004, 2:13 AM

Post #40 of 51 (3085 views)
Shortcut

When I heard what had happened to Max, I was clearly hysterical. That's natural. But all these talk about my being swayed by emotions, the consequences thereafter or whatever, I can honestly tell you, Nathalie, that you can only grieve so much for a certain period of time and move on with your life. You make plans along the way, set your priority and do what you think is right or feel is the right thing to do, regardless what the damn law says. By the way, Max is not a property, Max is a living being deserve to be heard.

I'm entitled to be compensated for damage and not very many lawyers out there would be willing to take up my case because these people are only in it for the money. Unless DBKK agrees to compensate me un-officially, then hiring a lawyer to help resolve this already awkward situation would be the last thing on my mind. What goes around comes around.

Thank-you for listening.

(This post was edited by jbrais on Apr 2, 2004, 2:15 AM)

jbrais
Novice

Apr 2, 2004, 2:20 AM

Post #41 of 51 (3084 views)
Shortcut

Jo,

Do you have an address I send the petition to?

Joanne

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 2, 2004, 8:14 PM

Post #42 of 51 (3063 views)
Shortcut

yup...can i have you e-mail add???

jbrais
Novice

Apr 2, 2004, 10:06 PM

Post #43 of 51 (3058 views)
Shortcut

jbrais@yahoo.co.uk

nathalie
Doggyman

Apr 3, 2004, 3:49 AM

Post #44 of 51 (3049 views)
Shortcut

maybe i was wrong for not being sensative enough to your feelings.

well, i personally do not treat a dog as a property but as a life but no matter how much i argue, the law states clearly that a dog is a property.

do what your heart think is right since u have prepared urself for a battle. go fight the battle and always remember that we the doglovers will always stand by yourside. since u have been negotiating the compensation issues with DBKK i believe u have won half the battle as your voice is finally heard and you are lucky coz there are ppl who listens n the man in charge is a doglover....all the best in your battle.

rasebastian

Apr 12, 2004, 6:46 PM

Post #45 of 51 (2923 views)
Shortcut

FANTASTIC NEWS! I was in KK the whoel of last week...should have taken your contact details and contacted you. In any case, you've done well...for MAX as well as all the otehr pet-lovers around Malaysia!

Keep up the good work!
Gurdian of furkids:

kesuke
Doggyman

Apr 26, 2004, 5:11 AM

Post #46 of 51 (2784 views)
Shortcut

keep up the good work! this is indeed good news.

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

jbrais
Novice

May 8, 2004, 4:59 AM

Post #47 of 51 (2735 views)
Shortcut

Robert,

Give me a buzz whenever you're planning to fly down to KK to visit.

Joanne

rasebastian

May 8, 2004, 5:07 PM

Post #48 of 51 (2727 views)
Shortcut

I definately will, Joanne. Take care and keep us updated!

Robert
Gurdian of furkids:

terryf

Aug 30, 2004, 10:43 PM

Post #49 of 51 (2484 views)
Shortcut

Dear Jbrais,

Frown Sorry for the incident that happened to the lovely doggie ...

Your wish should apply throught out the whole country, the government should review the R&R which set in the last century in order to catch up with the new generations needs and being more concern about pet's life.

But too sad to said, those highly educated lawyers, civil representatives are only concern about their pocket, almost none of them will never stand up and fight for the little life ... may be they've forgotted pet also got heart beat.

goldilock
Enthusiast

Oct 5, 2004, 11:04 AM

Post #50 of 51 (2376 views)
Shortcut

hi...how's your petition ? i'm new here and i've read your story...i would like to do the same thing ...ban the shooting of dogs in my area.can u tell me how to do?

`*:·.Gö|d!lôck§.·:*´

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my