Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Coat and Undercoat Are Pink In Colour

DennisNJennifer
Novice

Mar 23, 2004, 4:08 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1405 views)
Shortcut
Coat and Undercoat Are Pink In Colour Can't Post

My puppy now is 5 moonths old . This 2 days i discovered not only his coat even his undercoat r pink in colour, not like the usual colour and one of his leg (near the knee area) too.Besides that, i also found some "wound" (not actually big but looks like scratches) spread in those area. I don't think he himself scatches it. I feel so worry. I bath him once a week and eats the Eukanaba. What's went wrong?

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 23, 2004, 6:57 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DennisNJennifer] Coat and Undercoat Are Pink In Colour [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Not sure what you are trying to describe ... Are you referring to the colour of the "coat", as in the fur/hair of the dog or are you referring to the "skin" of the dog? ...

When you say "patches" ... how big are the patches? ... Is your dog itching & scratching? ...

Cheers Smile

PS ... As for the scratches ... just apply some iodine or peroxdide and if they are only scratches, they should heal ... Observe and check ...

eugene
Novice

Sep 8, 2005, 8:08 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1191 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DennisNJennifer] Coat and Undercoat Are Pink In Colour [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,
my 4mths shihtzu also got skin problem... redness in neck areas..when healing, a dead skin will like danduff and new layer of skin in pink color will be there, fur not rebond yet... this problem already 2 times..about 2 week once and take a week to heal.

today i go pet shop to buy Eukanuba Lamb and rice formular. previously, he take Eukanuba Chicken...
lets see what's the result...

may i know which brand of Lamb n Rice food u r given to u lovely dog??

How good for Eukanuba L n Rice ??
(Do u have any ideal... Coz i am new....My shihtzu is my 1st puppy...so i m lack of experience :)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my