Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
Training center in JB?

derek_poh
Novice

Mar 12, 2004, 7:34 AM

Post #1 of 12 (2393 views)
Shortcut
Training center in JB? Can't Post

Hi, does anyone out there know if there is any training center in JB area?
Babe the Bull Terrier

cutieb78

Mar 13, 2004, 12:08 AM

Post #2 of 12 (2379 views)
Shortcut
Re: [derek_poh] Training center in JB? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

u from JB har. wow.. another person from JB.

wel.. I don't know of a training center but I do know that there is a shop that provides grooming as well as OB training. Certified trainer(GOT CERT DISPLAYED). If I recall accurately its abt RM900(++) for a 9 week course, once a week for 45 min each session. Can choose weekday or weekend class. Class normally at night.. I think.

Can try at this shop near Taman Nusa Bestari. Its the shop opposite BestMart. That's the only pet shop there one with the Ekanuba signboard. There r advance classes too. There is also a class where u don't need to be around. They will help train thge dog for u but u must return for a class or two so they can teach u to handle ur dog and also give u assessment.

From the explanation given...this guy really knows his stuff n I think he is a reliable trainer. Can't recall his name. Go have avisit when u r around that area. I wanted to send my Penny there too but a bit ex lor n I got no time leh so resolve to having my own personal OB training with aid of a book.Tongue

Cheers,
@@
(",)
Hugs n kisses from Grace n Penny
(Grace + Clifton-->Penny 15/11/03)

derek_poh
Novice

Mar 13, 2004, 5:25 AM

Post #3 of 12 (2374 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cutieb78] Training center in JB? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow.. a million thanks for the infoAngelic. What a coincidence... I happen to just recently relocated to Bukit Indah -- next to NusaBestari.

I noticed Crazythis new shop too just that never had a chance to enter the premise. Ok then, must find time to talk to them on of these days. I just had this baby Basset Hound 2+ months ago. Noticed that he is really a sweet dog, just that he needs some obedience training so that there will be more people sayang him. He is sweet to me, but not the things and plants at the car porch and the green area. He likes to chew my Canna... this really makes him a "hatety" in the family...

anyway, really hope that I can find a good training course for him. Have a great day...
Babe the Bull Terrier

mlee8088
Novice

Mar 15, 2004, 11:47 PM

Post #4 of 12 (2359 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cutieb,

Yes. I am looking for OB training in JB as well. Find nothing. Really thanks for your info.

cutieb78

Mar 16, 2004, 8:54 PM

Post #5 of 12 (2349 views)
Shortcut

Hi derek,

ur welcome. Wow... moved to Bukit Indah arh.... good right? Then can go pay this shop a visit. I prefer going to the shop at Bestmart cause the accessories food n all are cheaper than the one opposite.

I bought this twin nozzle for the bottle at Opp. shop for RM23. Shop at Bestmart sell at RM15 only. I was so ........Mad so much difference. I vow to buy only at the shop at Bestmart. har har har.

Besides... the stafrf there are very helpful. The bosses too.

Cheers,
@@
(",)

sara
Dog Kichi

Mar 19, 2004, 8:47 PM

Post #6 of 12 (2341 views)
Shortcut

hi, i also go there. i just buy a American cocker there. the price was ok with me. if anyone from johor intrested to buy a pet, can try there.

cutieb78

Mar 19, 2004, 11:46 PM

Post #7 of 12 (2338 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sara] Training center in JB? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Sara,

I bought my Pug from the shop at Bestmart too at quite a reasonable price I would say. When did u buy the cocker spaniel? I saw the cocker in Jan. There were at least 2 cocker I think at that time. They were so cute. My fiancee said get the pug cause hair shorter n easier to maintan. To me I prefer any dog. He dislikes long hair.... no time to maintain..nhates the hassle of grooming

Any pic of ur furbaby. boy or girl. Mine is girl.

Maybe we should meet up one day so our furbabies can get to know each other n play. I usually go to Bestmart round evening time when its cooler. We could be friends too. U can give me a call at 016 745 2956. I'm now in SG. Will only be in JB Fri night till Sun Morning. We could always get together to exchange training trips for our furkids. Mine so far knows how to sit, come, down n a little of stay. Still working on it.Pirate

Nice to meet ya.

Cheers,
@@
(",)

derek_poh
Novice

Mar 31, 2004, 7:22 AM

Post #8 of 12 (2321 views)
Shortcut

I think there is some confusion here... there are two pet shops in this area -- one in BestMart and the other is just across the street -- where you will see ?Science Diet giant poster ads.

So which one sets their price at a more reasonable rate?....

I went to the one across the street and asked for the price of training -- RM1100 the shop assistant said. Well, I gave it up, cos the 'training field" is actually just upstairs of the shop lot. I mean, how quality such training could be when there is not even a proper field for the dog to run about....

Anyway, it's always advisable for the owner to join such training class together with the doggie...

Found a great website which provides excellent articles about caring for your dogs, and training instructions too... pay it a visit, quite a nice one... http://www.uwsp.edu/.../lib-Puppy.htm#pchew

ciao
Babe the Bull Terrier

cutieb78

Apr 6, 2004, 10:41 PM

Post #9 of 12 (2272 views)
Shortcut

I gave up sending my Penny for trainig too. Too ex for me. She is doing fine. We're taking it slow. I've got books on trainig so will be using those books as guides. It willl take longer but at least I know she's having fun n can stop whenever she feels like it n have more play time.

Cheers,
@@
(",)

mandyfwy

Apr 4, 2005, 4:51 AM

Post #10 of 12 (1759 views)
Shortcut

How is your penny doing now (the pug)? Would u able to handle her? understand u train her by urself (obedience class)? I'm also interested to find obedience class in JB. Btw, where are u staying in JB? May be we could meet n exchange so experience about dog.

Please share with me

tnkx

mandy (Masai)

mandyfwy

Apr 4, 2005, 4:53 AM

Post #11 of 12 (1758 views)
Shortcut

How in the obedience class for you pup? Can u find any OB clss in JB? I'm interested to know too.

Please share with me.

Thanks

Mandy (masai)

(This post was edited by Admin on Apr 4, 2005, 6:27 AM)

mandyfwy

Apr 4, 2005, 4:57 AM

Post #12 of 12 (1757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sara] Training center in JB? [In reply to] Can't Post

how much u get ur ACS at the pet shop? Actually i'm interested to know about the obedience class in JB, do u know anything about OB class? Please advice.

So, how is your ACS doing now? How old is she/he? Btw, may i know where are u staying?

I'm mandy fm masai

Thanks

(This post was edited by Admin on Apr 4, 2005, 6:24 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my