Super Dog Lover here!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

mackmack
Doggyman

Nov 30, 2002, 3:25 PM

Post #51 of 216 (79428 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] FYI [In reply to] Can't Post

But Northwest is charging me $299!!! one way.
from my town to LA.

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

mackmack
Doggyman

Nov 30, 2002, 6:40 PM

Post #52 of 216 (79422 views)
Shortcut
FYI [In reply to] Can't Post

Okay.... I've called the Northwest Pet traveling service.
Frown
I can't put him on the board from this SMALL town.
FINE, I still have another option, which i'll goto the transit airport in Minneapolis by CAR, and wait for my friend to reach there by AIR. Then have my dog check in there.
Cross my fingers~ the temperature along the whole journey has to be above 10F.
My crate size 40x27x30 would be the maximum allowable crate size for 757. Mack could just fit into it. He can lay down and sleep, but not have his head straight up, not to mention to change his sleeping posture.Unsure
Anyway, at least he could still fit in the MAX. crate size. Hope he'll stay calm along the whole journey.

When he reach LA, has to wait 2 hours to check him out from the domestic flight, then bring him over to the international terminal and re-check-in to MAS counter.

Now, I'm very confusing.
Should I send him back now with my friend?

Or, should I travel him with me to LA, spend about half year there, then bring him back to KL via Japan Airlines??

Anyone could "vote" for me?Crazy

(This post was edited by mackmack on Nov 30, 2002, 6:43 PM)

mackmack
Doggyman

Dec 2, 2002, 10:52 AM

Post #53 of 216 (79416 views)
Shortcut
Training [In reply to] Can't Post

I've decided to let mack travel on 3 Jan with two of my housemates and ME!
Hope it's not too late to get a ticket during the peak holidays season.

Right now, I'm training him to stay in the crate.
i spent 5 hours to train him just to get into the crate, sit, lay down, and stay, without the "gate". Needs Lots of Lots of patient! and encouragement.

Now, he has no problem to get into the crate and seems like he's quite enjoying having his own Kingdom, with all his toys in it and no one could beat him inside.

Later, I'll try to move around the crate to different outdoor spots to train him.

luckey
ALPHA

Dec 2, 2002, 3:01 PM

Post #54 of 216 (79413 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Training [In reply to] Can't Post

HI ,

Hope you get your golden back to Malaysia fine... it usually turns out ok. Have never imported dogs, but have imported horses before, and although really hassly while you're dealing with all the import-export licenses etc, it's really worthwhile in the end! We imported horses from the UK during the Foot and Mouth scare period, so had extra probs to deal with with the Ministry of Agri over here.

Anyway, good to meet another golden lover... we just got ourselves a golden pup last week, 2 months old called BRINKLEY! Are you from KL?

mackmack
Doggyman

Dec 2, 2002, 3:08 PM

Post #55 of 216 (79411 views)
Shortcut
Re: [In reply to] Can't Post

luckey,
yup, i'm from KL.
no matter how hassle it is to brng Mack back to KL,
I won't abandon him or give him away for adoption.
I will try my best to make him feel as comfortable as he could during the journey.

Wish me good luck!

luckey
ALPHA

Dec 2, 2002, 3:10 PM

Post #56 of 216 (79410 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Re: [In reply to] Can't Post

He looks like a real handsome fellow! Are you coming back from the US for good after you travel back with him Jan 3rd? Bring him to one of our gatherings... would be great to meet the two of you!

mackmack
Doggyman

Dec 2, 2002, 3:16 PM

Post #57 of 216 (79408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your compliments!!

Ya~ he's charming~
I'm very proud of him!

Too bad that I'm "tumpang" my housemate to bring him back to KL, i will stay in US for a while, and plan to go home for good one year later.

valery

Dec 2, 2002, 5:03 PM

Post #58 of 216 (79406 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] [valery] [In reply to] Can't Post

When my boss brought his Lab in from Canada, I remember that I had to contact a forwarder to clear customs and send to quarantine centre. Can anyone in the forum help out. I remember asking a pet shop to recommend the forwarder they use to clear their imported animals. I also arranged that this person feed Channel everyday. Unfortunately she feel while in quarantine and hurt her legs that needed lengthy treatment and she went home flea infested. That is why, I really recommend that you take the time to visit her everyday at the quarantine centre and feed her yourself. At least then, you can control the situation and try to get close to the vet there. He's the one who would be able to release our dog eary if he decides to. Seems like everything is ready and you're all set to come back. Some trouble no doubt but we all learn about what we have to do to get all these things done. Good luck...

Valery.

P/S : When you're dealing with airlines, always check and double check just in case the first person was not sure but "just thought" kinda thing. Because if someone screws up, it will cost you a bomb !!!

mackmack
Doggyman

Dec 2, 2002, 5:12 PM

Post #59 of 216 (79404 views)
Shortcut
Re: [valery] [In reply to] Can't Post

Valery, Thanks!

I'm very concern about the environment of the quarantine area. I've asked my friend (he lives near KLIA, jsut 15 min drive, he's bringing my dog back with him this 3 Jan) to arrange the "daily feeding time" withthe center upon arrival. I will make sure he does call tot he center everyday to check my dog's situation and also to feed him personally in the center. From what I learned here, I've told him to keep asking questions and show the officers the concerns on Mack so that they won't "main-main" to my dog. hope this is the right trick.

I've also called to the airlines and repeated the same questions to make sure i would get the same information.

I will also have my family help me to get the import permit and send the real copy to me. But it's still a bit earlier to get the permit now due to its validation.

Anyway, I feel much better now to plan things ahead. Really gained a lot of info and helpful hints from you guys. Truely appreciated.

Khoobg
Webmaster

Dec 2, 2002, 5:34 PM

Post #60 of 216 (79401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Mach,

You need to keep the original import permit in Malaysia for clearance when your GR arrive. Get your family to fax you or email you a copy so that you can make your arrangement on US side. Most airline will accept fax or email copy for documentation.

As for quarantine, it is better to bring your own food so that Mach can continue with the food he is familiar with. You are allow to make physical visit to your dog anytime between 8:30am to 4:30pm.

Cheers

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

mackmack
Doggyman

Dec 2, 2002, 5:47 PM

Post #61 of 216 (79399 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] [In reply to] Can't Post

Khoobg,

To clarify,
I would like to have all the original copies of permit/health cert/vaccination history etc. to be with Mack all the time from US back to KL. I mean.... (I think) I will have everything documented (in a folder), and I'll prepare sufficient food/treats/toys everything in a bag (like those infant pampers bagWink), and my friend will carry the bag with him ALL the time. So whenever there's need to check out Mack during transit, Mack's flavorite toys and treats could get him in & out the crate easily. Also, whenever a document or info is needed, my friend will have it on hand anytime to show.

Do you think this is a good idea?

mackmack
Doggyman

Dec 2, 2002, 5:52 PM

Post #62 of 216 (79397 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] [In reply to] Can't Post

I feed Mack with Science Diet Growth, he likes it very much and i think he grows very healthy body structure and coats. Is it easy to get Science Diet in M'sia? coz if the food my friend bring a long is not sufficient, then i have to ask my family to buy it ahead before Mack goes home.

I will definitely have my friend or someone to feed Mack everyday during the quarantine period. i can't stand without someone i know to keep an eye on Mack when I'm not with him.
Also, it is not expensive to call from US to M'sia.
i think I will call them personanlly everyday even it's jsut to check if the stool is okay.

Ooooooooooooooooo..........
very gun-jiong now!

Khoobg
Webmaster

Dec 2, 2002, 6:08 PM

Post #63 of 216 (79395 views)
Shortcut

Science Diet dog food is easily available in Malaysia and you can get it from most pet shop.

As for the documentation, as long as your friend is arriving at the same time as your GR and he is making the clearance on your behalf, then it should be fine.

Cheers

luckey
ALPHA

Dec 3, 2002, 7:35 AM

Post #64 of 216 (79383 views)
Shortcut

Hi, the quarantine for dogs is the same place as the quarantine for horses, and from my experience, if you get to know the people there (vet in charge and also the staff taking care of the animals from day to day) they look after your animal pretty well. But a good idea to get your friend to check on your dog daily if poss, coz if they know you come to check, they take care of your dog better. You could also get your friend to walkyour dog personally when he is there, just in case the handler there doesn't walk him enough during his stay in quarantine.

mackmack
Doggyman

Dec 3, 2002, 2:19 PM

Post #65 of 216 (79378 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for yout TIPS!!

I sure will pass all these info to my friends, actually now i have 2 of my housemates traveling together, and most likely i'll travel with them from Minneapolis to LA until Mack is check-in to MAS. Luckily Mack is very obeying my housemates too.

mackmack
Doggyman

Dec 5, 2002, 7:19 PM

Post #66 of 216 (79364 views)
Shortcut
Need Tips! [In reply to] Can't Post

I learned a pet travel tips from someone:
have the water frozen in the bowl, so it won't split everywhere and melt slowly. Don't prepare "normal" dog food, but bigger treats that won't split everywhere out from the bowl and it won't mess the crate.
any comments on these tips??

mackmack
Doggyman

Dec 7, 2002, 3:14 PM

Post #67 of 216 (79355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Super Dog Lover here! [In reply to] Can't Post

Attachments: crate1.jpg (44.0 KB)

mackmack
Doggyman

Dec 7, 2002, 3:15 PM

Post #68 of 216 (79354 views)
Shortcut

Attachments: crate2.jpg (38.7 KB)

mackmack
Doggyman

Dec 17, 2002, 9:51 PM

Post #69 of 216 (79323 views)
Shortcut

Well,
I would go ahead and assume this page here is MY THREAD.
I have a very very "sensitive" question to ask and I guess....i'm well-prepared for being shoot by "someone", "anyone".

I'm really curious about the background of the member here: "derrickok".
what i mean is BACKGROUND, not personalities.

khoobg, if you think it's inappropriate for me to initiate this question, do delete this msg.

if i offended anyone, i won't apologise. i think I do have to freedom to ask, right?

mackmack
Doggyman

Dec 17, 2002, 9:54 PM

Post #70 of 216 (79323 views)
Shortcut

Dear Khoobg,

I just realised that I have to send you a picture in order to have it shown under my username on each post. Here's my question, if i had a better pic in future that i wish to change from time to time, would you be in favor of that?

cdmoo
ALPHA

Dec 17, 2002, 10:00 PM

Post #71 of 216 (79322 views)
Shortcut

hi ,

No.. u won't get bombarded by me Smile

Derrickkok is a breeder specializing in dalmatians.....

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

mackmack
Doggyman

Dec 17, 2002, 10:04 PM

Post #72 of 216 (79321 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] Super Dog Lover here! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just that?
I just learned how to get to read messages posted by an user. So, i will try my best to explore this site and get to know most of you here "better".

One thing really bother me now is, i have to pay FULL attention while typing messages to double check if i misspelt anything.Tongue

mackmack
Doggyman

Dec 17, 2002, 10:09 PM

Post #73 of 216 (79321 views)
Shortcut

One more question right here:

when i read tru the DVS website, I found the info about quarantive charges is veru blur to me. It stated once that the quarantine charge will be RM4 per day, but at another page it stated that the quarantine fees would be RM79 (as total). and when i read the past messages posted in this website, one person paid RM6 per day and som other miscellenous charges too.

So, can anyone tell me the FACT?
and from the time of departure (LA) to arrival (KLIA), any other "hidden charges" and how much are they?

Khoobg
Webmaster

Dec 18, 2002, 1:00 AM

Post #74 of 216 (79308 views)
Shortcut

Two months ago when a dog of mine came in, I paid about RM 75.00 (forgot the actual figure) for one week of quarantine. I brought my own dog food to the quarantine station.

Cheers

mackmack
Doggyman

Dec 18, 2002, 9:23 PM

Post #75 of 216 (79294 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Super Dog Lover here! [In reply to] Can't Post

When i serach tru the DVS website, there's a statement of toys, plastic, bones...etc are not allowed. I'm not sure it's "not allowed inside the crate a long the journey" or "not allowed to get into the quarantine area"?
I need to have Mack's toys and blanket to comfort him. Also, how could i fit in 2 bowls into the crate? I'm worrying that the water and food will split everywhere. Is there any alternate options instead of bowls? like "sucker" for water?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my