my puppy is sick

alicialph
Novice

Feb 24, 2004, 9:19 AM

Post #1 of 21 (1006 views)
Shortcut
my puppy is sick Can't Post

hi everybody...

my name is alicia.. and i'm having a miniature pinscher... his name is brownie... and is a very cute and adorable puppy... i bought him frm a pet shop at petaling street bout few weeks ago and came to find out today dat he might have contracted with the canine distemper disease.... he is now in an animal hospital fighting dat disease...

i hope users of this forum would learn frm other's mistakes... shouldn't buy a puppy frm a pet shop unless dat u're really sure bout the puppy's condition...

it is a miserable experience of having to know dat i might be losing him... hope dat GOD will help him overcome his disease...

shlee
Doggyman

Feb 24, 2004, 6:15 PM

Post #2 of 21 (1004 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alicialph] my puppy is sick [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Dear, really feel sorry to hear about your puppy. How is he now? Is he very serious? What did your vet tell you about his condition? I always heard the problem for buying a pet from Petaling Street Pet Shop. I can't understand them, why they are opening a business now, but never take care of their doggie? Why they want to spoilt their reputation? So, who is going to buy a pet from them again?????

Don't be so sad! I will pray hard for him. He will be recovered soon. You take care of yourself also!

*****Pls help to look for my MiMi (refer to my avatar for her pic)*****
*****MiMi, where are you now? I miss you.....*****

terenceg

Feb 24, 2004, 6:22 PM

Post #3 of 21 (1003 views)
Shortcut

geeee...i hope brownie gets well soon.

why don't u complain to MCA or some SPCA to have some actions done. I see most members or victims here gets doggie from petaling street then later doggie have serious problems but never actually did something to inform authorities.

one complain can do justice.

~Not All that Glitters is Gold Not All that Wanders is Lost~

terenceg@streamyx.com

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Feb 24, 2004, 6:28 PM

Post #4 of 21 (1001 views)
Shortcut

Hi and welcome to the forum!!

Sorry to hear about your pup but this is the risk that people take when buying from petshops, especially the ones at Petaling Street. But anyway, hope and pray that your pup gets better soon and make sure you spread the word around about the risks of buying from petshops!!

Remember, always tell them NEVER EVER BUY FROM PETSHOPS!!

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

melissa
ALPHA

Feb 24, 2004, 7:25 PM

Post #5 of 21 (997 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alicia

First of all, welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear about your brownie.... Most of the novice will buy their dogs from pet shop and I bought my 1st dog, gigi an ECS too from the pet shop from petaling street and I almost lost her too.

But now she's already 4 years old. Be strong and think positively. Pls don't give up and pray for brownie, she will be fine and come home soon Smile!

Click here to join Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

My three furkids ^_^ Gigi, Cherry & Belle ^_^

j9yne

Feb 25, 2004, 4:53 AM

Post #6 of 21 (990 views)
Shortcut

hello there... how old is brownie now? don't worry so much. i'm sure he'll recover soon. i used to have a min pin too. and we had soooooo much fun together. i'm sure when brownie recovers, u'll have a great time with him too. *all the best*

current doggie at home : junior (silky terrier) Frown
my wish list : ckcs Frown

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 25, 2004, 7:51 AM

Post #7 of 21 (984 views)
Shortcut

hi there,

i'm sorry bout brownie's condition. praying hard brownie recovers from it. keep your spirit up kay!!

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

alicialph
Novice

Feb 25, 2004, 7:08 PM

Post #8 of 21 (974 views)
Shortcut

hihi everybody...

thanx all for the concern bout my little pup... he's currently doin fine frm his last seizure (epilepsy) attack... but still havin some gagging prob when i visited him today in the animal hospital....

my heart goes out for him when i saw him receiving lots of kinds of injections and medicines and dat he cried :((.....

his blood was diagnosed with negative antibody towards the two main killer virus for dogs... mainly distemper and another one... err forgot :P.... anyhow... i hope dat he will recover very soon to get his vaccination this comin fri as prescribed by the main doctor in the hospital....

btw.. i would like to say thanx to this website for providing space to users to post forums (the place where i got info (VET address in KL) for emergency admittance of my puppy in the midnight (12:30 am) ... and users who have contributed valuable information bout puppies....

cheers...

alicia

alicialph
Novice

Feb 25, 2004, 8:03 PM

Post #9 of 21 (970 views)
Shortcut

yea btw...... y didn't pet shops vaccinate all puppies... esp miniature pinschers.......

ladee_m
Doggyman

Feb 25, 2004, 10:21 PM

Post #10 of 21 (966 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alicia Smile

Welcome and so sorry to hear the news...

Well, we at puppy.com have been trying to reach out to all about this fact that petshops are not selling good pups but its hard to reach all... most ppl do not know this and I hope that by word of mouth we can all join in to get the public more informed...

May your pup rest in peace and may you heal in time to love another pup... God bless

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 26, 2004, 12:36 AM

Post #11 of 21 (964 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alicia,

How is Brownie now? Hope that he is feeling better... UnsureUnsure He's at the Animal Hospital now, right? That is a good place to bring your dog for emergencies and stuff. Thank goodness you brought him there in time.

Anyway, sometimes I wonder if the dogs are really vaccinated because they can charge you RMXXXX for a dog and claim that it has been vaccinated but then, it only got some minor shots. UnsureUnsure

Hope that he feels better..

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

lilibee
Novice

Feb 26, 2004, 7:59 AM

Post #12 of 21 (960 views)
Shortcut

Hi alicia,

Sorry to hear about your pup. Frown Puppies in pet stores contract diseases if there are other dogs around that are sick, or the place is unsanitary, among other things. It's hard to tell if your puppy is well or not because sometimes the disease is dormant for a while before showing up. Infact I don't think that puppies should be sold at all until they've had their full 3 vaccinations to make sure they are ready for the transition from the store to a new home. I get so angry sometimes thinking about the trade of animals in general (I don't support it)--how we exploit other living things carelessly for profit. But don't get angry, stay sane. Your pup needs you. If she/he is boarded, go visit her and talk to her. I really hope that she/he gets better soon.

Take care,

Lils

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Feb 26, 2004, 9:48 AM

Post #13 of 21 (958 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alicia,

My prayers is with brownie hopefully he will get better in time and be a notty minpin like my mocha n summer. Luckily you manage to find the information to the Animal Hospital in time and send him there or else ... anyway, do keep us updated on his news ya.

cheers,
minglmy

SirPuppy
New User

Feb 26, 2004, 10:14 PM

Post #14 of 21 (950 views)
Shortcut

hihi everyone...

i've just visited 'brownie boy' today... he's getting better and has started to eat yesterday... however he's not really active like usual yet.... sigh~~~ he looked blur.... n like forgot me liao...

however.. the doctor said that he can't get his vaccination until he is fully recovered.. :( ... have to wait for maybe after 1 to 2 weeks..... n he can't check out frm the hospital yet till this saturday..

anyway thanx all for the concern .....

alicia

alicialph
Novice

Feb 26, 2004, 10:18 PM

Post #15 of 21 (949 views)
Shortcut

yea btw... the pic shown is 'brownie boy'... cute rite?... very playful too :P

alicialph
Novice

Feb 27, 2004, 7:38 PM

Post #16 of 21 (942 views)
Shortcut

i was called by a hospital staff today and was told that brownie is havin is seizure again and is havin his flu back... this time, they're confirmed dat brownie has contracted with the disease... (Canine Distemper Disease)....

i will b goin to the hospital to c him again for the last time.... before putting him to sleep to end his suffering....

thanx all again for the concern....

alicia

lilibee
Novice

Feb 27, 2004, 11:46 PM

Post #17 of 21 (940 views)
Shortcut

FrownI'm so sorry, Alicia. Take care of yourself, ok?

alicialph
Novice

Feb 28, 2004, 12:24 AM

Post #18 of 21 (938 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lilibee] my puppy is sick [In reply to] Can't Post

thanx lilibee... i will......... but i really missed him so muc.... esp the way he looked at me while barking (like trying to tell me somethin) and when he's cuddling n sleeping b'side me.....

sometimes i even talked to him... n he will show his xpressions like he's tryin to understand... but it's all happening for good.... at least he's not suffering anymore.....

i really luv him very badly.....

alicia....

j9yne

Feb 29, 2004, 7:28 PM

Post #19 of 21 (933 views)
Shortcut

i am so sorry to hear about that . it must have been a hard decision to makeCrazy. do take care of urself.

current doggie at home : junior (silky terrier) Frown
my wish list : ckcs Frown

hyenyen
Dog Kichi

Mar 1, 2004, 4:30 AM

Post #20 of 21 (920 views)
Shortcut

Dear Alicia,

I'm really feel sorry and sad to hear that you have to put him to sleep. I can feel it how you feel because last time i have a minpin(cross) also get this disease and i watching him left me. I feel heart broken and cried out that time.

I know its a very hard decision to make but i hope you could make a wise decision. Anyway, do take care of yourself and don't think too much. Take care.

dodo888
Dog Kichi

Mar 31, 2004, 4:59 AM

Post #21 of 21 (899 views)
Shortcut

hi,

for canine distemper, sending them to vet is just a waste of money and taking away the puppy chance of survival, i hate to think they r doing it for the money, by telling u that they will try to cure it. many experience vets i had spoke to, tell me the chances of saving them is zero. as i had learned fr a few of my puppy which have distemper. they normally wouldnt last for more than 2wks no matter how the vet said they will try this or that treatment. its just nonsense.

after i had gone tru a few cases which all end up hopeless, i tried unorthodox method. i feed my puppy with high doses of vit C. as high as 6000 mg every 4 hours. and do u believe she survived and recovered. totally no sign of seizure or flu. then i took to the vet for normal routine check out and they confirm it was a miracle, the first time they see a puppy recovered fr distemper when it was already having seizure frequently. the vet said the dog is cleared fr the virus as somehow she manage to fight the virus and they couldnt explain why except keep saying its miracle. but just when i start to trust them and let then treat the puppy with small flu, they presribe antibiotic again. and u know what happened? all the sympthon of distemper came back within days, and she passed away. the moral of the story. antibiotic kill all the virus, good or bad, and make the puppy so weak to fight the virus on their own strength. do u believe flu can be cured by antibiotic? and why r we keep getting antibiotic when we have flu. they tell u to avoid secondary infection. its totally nonsense.

i have few other puppies keep caughing and they prescribe medicine again, and they keep caughin n caughing (for weeks)....at the end. i stopped all the medicine and u know what? they stop caughing in 3 days.

what i want to tell everyone here is, do not overly rely on vet or medicine, in most cases, all ur sick pet need is attention, healthy food and enuf exercise. pls pass my message to all those who have distemper experience. i had gone thru 5 distemper cases and learned it the hard way.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my