Any Horse Lover here?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Feb 19, 2004, 5:54 PM

Post #1 of 73 (2267 views)
Shortcut
Any Horse Lover here? Can't Post

any good rider here? may be is good for us can share ideas/skills on dogs/horse?
Frown Frown Visit My Blogs!! http://peonythestormrider.blogspot.com/
http://jojothemalaysianmongrel.blogspot.comFrownFrown

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 20, 2004, 7:17 AM

Post #2 of 73 (2264 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shyeow2] Any Horse Lover here? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi shirley

me no rider, but i'm always keen in horses

do you own a horse yourself? just wondering, how much does a horse costs around here.. and where'd u guys normally go riding :p

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 20, 2004, 8:10 AM

Post #3 of 73 (2263 views)
Shortcut

hey there,

i have always wanted to learn horse back riding but until now, time does not permit... i love horses... very graceful animal...

do u ride? where are u/ did u learn?

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 20, 2004, 8:25 PM

Post #4 of 73 (2258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Any Horse Lover here? [In reply to] Can't Post

hey ai ney

let's go learn horse back riding together :p we can start off from a little pony :D

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Feb 20, 2004, 9:39 PM

Post #5 of 73 (2256 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Any Horse Lover here? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, li ping and ainey,

if you guys love horse, (which i think most members here are animal lovers) you should giv it a try! at least i got accompany.. kekeke.. now so lonely..

i join the kiara equestrian club, but there are lots of clubs u can join in selangor / kl. the learning fees is about the same... RM 300+/- u can start for the basic - 8 lesson already.. see if u really like it then only u can go and purchase the full equipment. is quite reasonable i guess? because one lesson is about 45 min. i m very familiar about this coz i survey around before i join. if u guys want more info can drop me a messg. i will email to u.

i m not the member there, i dont own a horse either. it cost too much la. i just learnt it for fun and as a hobby only. if u got a horse, u have to spent more than 2k per mth! a horse cost (cheapest) around 15k or more. see the age and experiences, usually ppl purchase horse at around 4-5 yrs old, they can last about 20-25 yrs..

if u would like to start riding, u can just go for the big size horse, coz u got the same feeling i mean after u learnt the mounting and dismounting and get used to the rythm/paces then is just the same u ride on a horse / pony. usually pony more reserve for kids (4 - 7 yrs old) coz their legs not long enough!

ainey, for your info, horse riding is not like the dog trainning, the time is fix by yourself, means when u are free then u can go for your lesson, is very flexible. u can arrange 1 class ahead or u can arrange your 1 mth lesson fix. some ppl do that coz they try to book their favourite horse before others..

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 20, 2004, 11:01 PM

Post #6 of 73 (2253 views)
Shortcut

mmm

RM300 for 8 sessions is a little expensive :/..... what sort of things they teach there other than mounting and dismouting on a horse????

oh and i don't suppose it's a group session like MKA, hor :D hehe.

can't ride on a pony :/ ? but i like those little ponys :/......

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Feb 21, 2004, 1:22 AM

Post #7 of 73 (2250 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Any Horse Lover here? [In reply to] Can't Post

i think RM 300 is bit reasonable la.. they give u one horse to ride for almost an hour wor? some more giv one instructor..for the first 2-3 lesson u are in group.. later is 1:1 lor.

they teach everything lor.. is same as dog, coz they are 4 legs animals.. u see your dog carefully when they walk and run, they got 4 different style

we learn how to control the horse and ride them in those 4 different style.. walk, trot, canter, gallop and also backwalk, sidewalk..

everything.. after first 8 u already able up to canter. the rest is more advance a bit..hehehe

pony doesnt mean the size is small one, some pony size just same as horse!

u can go and hav a look if u feel free, they dont really care, u can go and touch the horse and pat them also..then u got some idea if u r interest

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 21, 2004, 2:15 AM

Post #8 of 73 (2247 views)
Shortcut

oooh it does sounds fun ...!

just wondering, do we have to join as member before paying for the RM300? any member fees to pay?

wow they even teach those backwalk and sidewalk thing? i thought they only teach how to climb up the horse and not fall down :p

which day is more appropriate if i wish to go take a peek? am interested to look around. i love horses :)

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 21, 2004, 7:00 AM

Post #9 of 73 (2244 views)
Shortcut

yeah i have also done some research on this (see i am really serious to learn! just no time!)... and found that the fees are about the same for most clubs...

besides no time, the only other thing that is stopping me from learning horse back riding is because i do not have a car yet... so i really dunno how to get to the clubs coz they r usually located far far away... but... me getting a car soon and so my horse back riding should also start soon after that!

anyway, i read from the papers some time back that there is this place in kepong, near FRIM, that keeps the 'retired' horses, horses that people do not want anymore after they are over the age limit for racing... and they accept volunteers there too to help out... i am interested to check out that place...

shirley, how long have u been riding?

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

cassie
Dog Kichi

Feb 23, 2004, 11:06 PM

Post #10 of 73 (2237 views)
Shortcut

Do you mean the Bukit Kiara equestrain club???

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Feb 24, 2004, 5:47 PM

Post #11 of 73 (2227 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Any Horse Lover here? [In reply to] Can't Post

for mine one no need lor..

there is one in damansara u need to join as member lor

usually those need u join members because u can use others fersilities like swimming pool, gym etc.

mine if u dont want join member then u only can ride horse can not use their swimming pool or others.. so i didnt join coz i just interest on their horse course only..

oh yea, however u need to join if u want to go to advance, but i think no need la. their basic course already cover up all , advance just for competition if u r interest.. once u know how to ride u will get the cert. then u can rent the horse in other club for few hr is about RM40 / time. i think ok la coz the dog trainning is already RM 10 / time. the skill some more is for the dog only, this one RM 30+ skill is learnt for ourselve wor, is whole life time one..

if u keen, i advise u go on weekend coz more ppl. sunday 8-9 is the peek. afternoon 5-6 also lots of ppl

they open daily except monday. 7-10am, 4:30-7:30pm. u can go and pat the horse anyway coz the office hav to pass by the stable anyway..

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Feb 24, 2004, 5:51 PM

Post #12 of 73 (2226 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cassie] Any Horse Lover here? [In reply to] Can't Post

yes. but i don know will this against the rule here, we can not advertise right..

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Feb 24, 2004, 5:59 PM

Post #13 of 73 (2225 views)
Shortcut

oh really? there is a place like that?can u let me know once u check out? in fact i think if u join in the horse riding corse, taking care the horse is part of the course, and how to manage the stable..etc. coz riding is always cooperate both the horse and rider, u need to hav strong bond with the horse. thats y lots ppl try to get back the same horse everytime. and they use retire racing horse for trainning also.. because they already train and not so wild lor. but not so old la.. around 17 yrs old..

different horse different character also.. sometime certain horse will just know what u want, some just ignore your command..most frustrating those lazy one..

no car is really a prob. coz the place always in ulu ulu one..

i m a new rider i just finish the first level basic now doing the second level..

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Mar 15, 2004, 6:36 PM

Post #14 of 73 (2210 views)
Shortcut

hey ai ney,

do u manage to find out the place u mentioned in kepong yet?

i wish to go and have a look on this weekend if possible

Remy

Mar 21, 2004, 12:33 AM

Post #15 of 73 (2205 views)
Shortcut

Smile Hi. I have 2 horses here and am at the stable every morning - well every morning but one. That's my day off. Riding is a wonderful hobby and horses are fantastic and beautiful creatures. It isn't as expensive as most people think and it is very, very satisying. There is a stable in Seri Kembangan called Ta,man Equine and I would recommend trying them for lessons, etc. Good luck.

When I go to Heaven, if there are no dogs and horses there, then I want to go where they go!

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Mar 22, 2004, 8:08 PM

Post #16 of 73 (2200 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Remy] Any Horse Lover here? [In reply to] Can't Post

Really? It should be more fun can ride on own horse! Yup, is a wonderful sport to me. You must be an experience rider. I'm very poor in canter, my body still always lean forwards, i m still not too sure are we going squeeze on the outside leg if we continue canter? I do know there is an equine park in sri kembangan but i m not sure the exact location. For sure after my basic course I will transfer to other center, may be 3 or more mths, is it nice there? could you provide me more info for this training center? my email :

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Mar 22, 2004, 8:26 PM

Post #17 of 73 (2198 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vicfion] Any Horse Lover here? [In reply to] Can't Post

No "la"... I don't ride anymore but I do wish to go for lessons again.. I had proper lessons before when I was younger like about 19?... Just a few from Awana... I love horses when I was mush younger and went for joy ride started at the age of maybe 6? From my website you can see a few photos I took from my trail ride in the USA and also took photos of horses (park at the road side and snapping away that kind of stuff).. Interested do log in www.geocities.com/amomentwithfion... My husband? Also no interested.. I have t talk and talk until he went 1 round for the joy ride.. My older daughter have fate with hehehe esecially white horses... She just went near the horses and stuff... You can see her riding from my webiste.... But weird thing is she only loves horses from Awana and woudn't go near to the horses from Bukit Kiara... Don't know why... Expensive to go riding there too... But I really want a cert and I am still saving up for it... So where you go riding? Fiona

wah, so u are the old hand la? pai seh pai seh, i though u interested to take the riding course... hahaBlush I ride @ bukit kiara, why your daughter dont like the horse there? some of the horse quite healthy I like the horse names Mancha there, very obedient horse. I think is good for children to learnt how to ride from young if they interested. joy ride i think is cost around 40-50? how much is awana? hey if I m not mistaken the genting Awana closed already right? u mean the pahang one? how much is it? hey since your whole family good in riding hav u ever think to take the joy ride @ bukit tinggi? i think there is riding package for family right?

a_evie
Doggyman

Mar 22, 2004, 11:03 PM

Post #18 of 73 (2194 views)
Shortcut

the bukit kiara is one of the better rates around...and in fact the folks there are good too. so who is teaching you?

as for fiona...that lady is one sure animal lover. you can see in her face...and her attitude. met up with her and her beautiful kids and hubby over the weekend.

would be nice to gather more and start talking horses too.

i put horse riding on hold after the last mishap that everybody blamed on riding...but would love to ride again...of course must get pregnant firstlah....as much as i am not ready...what to do...hubby also motivated extra extra since he saw fiona's lovely kids.

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 23, 2004, 4:29 AM

Post #19 of 73 (2188 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Remy] Any Horse Lover here? [In reply to] Can't Post

Lucky you.. My dream is to have a little farm in an ideal small town with a few horses and few breed of dogs and some farm animals too.. Preferance sheep and so on... But well, too expensive to fulfil my dream... And now I only get to fulfil my other half of dream is to have a little kids' library for my kids.. Collecting books from 2nd hand shop and all... Sign... Money is important in many ways and I wish I am rich... But well, all I can do is.. Dream on hehehe... Nice to know someone who own horses... Fiona

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 23, 2004, 4:39 AM

Post #20 of 73 (2188 views)
Shortcut

Don't say that.. Dont say that.... me now pai sei pai sei Blush
I just love horses and wanna own them... Riding just another part I developed when I get older... I want to own them more lo... wanted to work part time in Bukit Kiara but my best friend told me not to because only guys doing it and dangerous to work around them wo... Also my knowledge about horses not enough,,, My daughter? I think she has mood swing.. Out of the sudden she would not touch horses even the one she first met in Awana (Named Cloud).. Don't know why? She did ride the white pony though(Another one named Misty)... Awana still gives lessons but joy ride has moved to Awana Hotel.. And their donkey available for riding in Outdoor theme park in Genting... Financial also problem... With kids also another problem.. Sign.. I don't knw when I can ever go back for lesson... Forgot so many things already.. I just hope I will start riding before I am too old for it... Keep in touch yeah? I found a wolf lover like me in the forum and now a horse lover like me in the forum... And of course many many dog lvoers in the forum... So cool huh? Fiona

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 23, 2004, 4:42 AM

Post #21 of 73 (2188 views)
Shortcut

Count me in for volunteering but Kepong a bit too far huh? Anyway, gosh never know so many horse lovers huh? I thought I will be the only one here... Thank God... Fiona

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 23, 2004, 4:45 AM

Post #22 of 73 (2188 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] Any Horse Lover here? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hehehe, so getting pregnant anytime sooner? Well, everything goes well, I might.. Hehehe but.. must wait for the dog year... By the way, my younger one was borned in horse year.. .Cool Huh? One dragon year, one horse year and maybe anther one in dog year... so do I motivate you more? Hehehe.... Hey really nice meeting up with you eventually. Glad to know someone who has the same interest as me... even for books wise... Fiona

a_evie
Doggyman

Mar 24, 2004, 8:19 PM

Post #23 of 73 (2182 views)
Shortcut

hehe..motivated but too tired these days...we have been at work till 4am since sunday...and i think i will collapse soon..now taking abreather by viewing the forum.

did thunder go on sunday?

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 25, 2004, 3:09 AM

Post #24 of 73 (2180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] Any Horse Lover here? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hehehehe understand la but hey don't ah everyday like this... Hehehe Yeah I took Thunder and he was good.. Wait for me one... But still scare when people try to touch him... But so upset the photos I took that day might be gone forever... Can view from the camera but when want to down;load cannot see from the PC... So upset.. Now try to send to the shop and see whethr they can help me lo... Sob Sob.. I cannot loose photos one... I will cry one... Sob Sob

a_evie
Doggyman

Mar 25, 2004, 5:56 PM

Post #25 of 73 (2177 views)
Shortcut

see.. i told you thunder would be fine. just have more confidence..over time he'll learn to be sociable.

as for the camera....i know how it feels...i once had a whole roll of precious pics spoiled by the photo shop when i sent for reprint...i cried big time...pics of a dear friend who had passed on were all in there and i did not havee any hard copies of the pics left...sigh....

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my