Vet Opthamologist - Help ! Eye Ulcer

kkkk
New User

Feb 16, 2004, 8:09 AM

Post #1 of 7 (12248 views)
Shortcut
Vet Opthamologist - Help ! Eye Ulcer Can't Post

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good vet who has excellent knowledge in eye care for dogs. My shit-tzu. I think has either a corneal abrasion or ulcer. I've seen the vet and he said it's a minor corneal ulcer but I want to have a 2nd opinion. There's some blue colour and his corneal does not look round, I need this asap as I guess I cannot delay for fear of him losing his eye. Any suggestions/opinions is appreciated.

Thanks.

kesuke
Doggyman

Feb 17, 2004, 9:46 PM

Post #2 of 7 (12238 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kkkk] Vet Opthamologist - Help ! Eye Ulcer [In reply to] Can't Post

tell us where you are from so members can recommend you to someone.

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

kkkk
New User

Feb 18, 2004, 2:54 AM

Post #3 of 7 (12235 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] Vet Opthamologist - Help ! Eye Ulcer [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm in the Klang Valley, but anyway have found a 2nd vet to look at his eye, he said that it's not major but have to be careful of infection. Provided antibiotic cream and E collar so will heal in 5 days. Thanks for the help.

kesuke
Doggyman

Feb 18, 2004, 5:06 AM

Post #4 of 7 (12232 views)
Shortcut

oh..okie then! glad to know your shih tzu's getting better. Smile what caused the infection?

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

chiahuei
New User

Aug 24, 2007, 6:28 PM

Post #5 of 7 (10696 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] Vet Opthamologist - Help ! Eye Ulcer [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi everyone,

My shih tzu has been having recurring eye problems for the past year and his right eye is now clouded over. At the moment it's completely red and we think we might have to remove the eye to prevent further complications. If anyone does know of a good vet who knows about eyes, please let me know. Secondly, my shih tzu also has really bad skin problem (all red and itchy), and the vet can only think of allergies but hasnt recommended anything. So vets who are good with skin are also wanted! please let me know if you know of a good vet!

In Reply To

In Reply To

MayHMF
Dog Kichi

Aug 28, 2007, 6:30 PM

Post #6 of 7 (10666 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chiahuei] Vet Opthamologist - Help ! Eye Ulcer [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi!

Would you like to see Dr Amilan of Animal Medical Centre in Jalan Tun Razak, KL? Tel no.03-40426742 or 03-40425873. He's a vet who's specialty is in eyes and I believe he was trained in South Africa. My dog's eye has been operated by him for a recurring problem and has healed nicely now. My other dog who is also having a recurring eye problem is also presently undergoing treatment from him as well. Will be going there this afternoon. A bit pricey but they have got the latest medical equipment.

CEDRICSIN
Novice

Oct 15, 2007, 9:16 PM

Post #7 of 7 (10341 views)
Shortcut

how about Dr. Nadzariah Cheng from UPM? I heard she is damn good in eye diseases........

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my