Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
A worthy contribution!!

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 1, 2002, 2:34 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1547 views)
Shortcut
A worthy contribution!! Can't Post

Between you two, as I continued to read your articles on itchiness, I would like to ask one non-doggie question if I may. If ever you come across any article on "The Seven Year's Itch", be it reasons, cure or cause, please send me a pvt message and inform me where I could locate it.
Now you both know, how difficult it is to diagnose the source and cause of dogs suffering from itchiness. It is not a matter of trial and error concept.
As for you May, antihistamine is only a relief drug and NOT a cure drug for scratching. I am using "Periton" generically manufactured and the price is 5-8 sens per tablet. In animal, dosage is administered by body weight. One half twice a day morning and night is more than enough for your tiny tot. You should continue for at least 4-5 days.
BTW. Please check with the pharmacist if the type of antihistamine you intend giving will make your doggie drowsy. I am familiar with "Periton" so I know what it will do and what it won't do.
Regards.

(This post was edited by Derrickok on Feb 1, 2002, 2:45 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my