Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Eye Care and Conditions:
syrup for shih tzu

meiyoong

Feb 9, 2004, 11:39 PM

Post #1 of 6 (3074 views)
Shortcut
syrup for shih tzu Can't Post

Hi,

Have u guys heard before a syrup called 'shinny syrup'? Last few days i went to a petshop at my area and wanted to buy something to clean my shih tzu tears. My shih tzu face now is very smelly due to the tears that wet his face. So the people there had recommend me a syrup to me. The petshop peoples said that it is effective.After taking the syrup for days, our puppy will have lesser tears and face around his eyes there will be dry and clean. It also say that this syrup is quite famous around P.J area. What do u guys think? Is it safe for ur furkids?

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 11, 2004, 11:19 PM

Post #2 of 6 (3061 views)
Shortcut
Re: [meiyoong] syrup for shih tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Have not heard of 'shinny syrup' ... maybe other members might know ...

Does the syrup carry a list of ingredients? ... Or can the petshop provide you with list of ingredients? ... Check the internet and see if you can find the product and information on the product.

I would not just rely on what a pet shop says ... I would like to know what is in the syrup ... and whether its appropriate and safe for my dogs.

Cheers Smile

meiyoong

Feb 12, 2004, 4:36 PM

Post #3 of 6 (3054 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] syrup for shih tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

That day i really didn't see the list of ingredients contained in the syrup. what u say is correct, i must have checked the ingredients first before giving it to our furkids.

melissa
ALPHA

Feb 24, 2004, 11:40 PM

Post #4 of 6 (3045 views)
Shortcut

Yes, the shinny is good for tear problem. I have been fed my Cherry more than a year and it was recommended by my vet. According to my vet, Shinny is rich of vitamin B which could help to improve the quality of the tears.

However, pls bear in mind that this is only a kind of supplement and it won't cure the root of the tear problem.

No harm trying, you can feed your doggie Smile.

Click here to join Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

My three furkids ^_^ Gigi, Cherry & Belle ^_^

meiyoong

Apr 24, 2004, 7:34 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melissa] syrup for shih tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

Really? That syrup is quite expensive and it needs to be taken all the time rite? If not tears will began flowing down their eye again. So far i haven't try it and my shih tzu'sface really smelly lar. Sometime i cannot tahan the smell also.Crazy

melissa
ALPHA

Apr 26, 2004, 6:57 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2983 views)
Shortcut

Hi meiyoong

The syrub is a kind of supplement which rich in vitamin b but is not a kind of medicine.

So it can only improve the tear quality but couldn't cure it (in fact, tear problem couldn't be cure unless you perform a surgery. However, surgery also unable to give you 100% assurance that the problem can be cured too Crazy).

Click here to join Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

My three furkids ^_^ Gigi, Cherry & Belle ^_^

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my