aihsian
New User

Nov 23, 2002, 4:43 AM

Post #1 of 13 (1398 views)
Shortcut
Hi everybody ! Can't Post

Smile
Code

Hey people...I just got my parents to get me a Golden Retriever....wooo hooooo...anyway,he's a 3 month old pup and his name is MILO.In case you guys wanna know,i kinda got the name from The Mask, u know,the one with Jim Carrey in it(his dog is called Milo)...I'm really new to caring a pup.He's my first.So, any tips and suggestions from all of you out there is really welcomed and appreciated...THANKS ALOT !!!

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 23, 2002, 5:00 AM

Post #2 of 13 (1396 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aihsian] Hi everybody ! [In reply to] Can't Post

We're going to be proud owners of a golden this weekend too. Milo is such a cute name.

Welcome to the forum!! Smile

ginl
ALPHA

Nov 23, 2002, 7:55 AM

Post #3 of 13 (1387 views)
Shortcut

Hey, I'm owned by a Jack Russell Terrier Wink....Milo is the name of the Jack Russell in The Mask and because of that a lot of ppl named their Jack Russells Milo too....welcome!

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 23, 2002, 11:22 PM

Post #4 of 13 (1373 views)
Shortcut

Hi and welcome! Let's see a pic of Milo! Smile

-= Tisha =-

aihsian
New User

Nov 24, 2002, 4:27 AM

Post #5 of 13 (1371 views)
Shortcut

Glad you all thought that "Milo" is a cute name.I had trouble convincing my parents to let me name him Milo.But, they gave in...hehe

Sorry,but i don't have a scanner, so i can't exactly show you people the picture of him.

Just imagine a really really cute Golden Retriever with charming eyes and a beautiful coat of fur.Oh, with a cute name too...Smile

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 24, 2002, 7:35 AM

Post #6 of 13 (1366 views)
Shortcut

Has Milo had all his jabs yet? r u planning to show him?

aihsian
New User

Nov 24, 2002, 7:25 PM

Post #7 of 13 (1362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Hi everybody ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup, Milo's had all 3 jabs already.After that is the yearly jabs.....i think...

Anyway, I got him a new collar, but he seems to be always scratching himself.Is this normal? Maybe he hasn't gotten used to it yet, right?

Also, he doesn't have much of an appetite.I give him 3 meals a day.Each consists of three quarters cup of Science Diet Puppy Canine Growth.Usually, he doesn't finish his meal.

What other snacks can I give him that is ok for puppys?

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 25, 2002, 4:55 AM

Post #8 of 13 (1358 views)
Shortcut

I use Lamb and rice Jerky... they sooo love it! really good for training as well. Apart from that, we also give our pups canned dog food for lunch to give them some variety from the dry food. They also seem to grow faster that way.

Anyway,.. we got our golden pup today! Smile her name is brinkley...

wkser
ALPHA

Nov 25, 2002, 8:42 PM

Post #9 of 13 (1346 views)
Shortcut

hi,
welcome to the forum.......SmileWink....

regards
kangser and nous

wstepfanie
Novice

Nov 28, 2002, 8:22 PM

Post #10 of 13 (1331 views)
Shortcut

Hi...welcome to this forum!

How's your pup doing???

May
Old Hand

Nov 28, 2002, 8:42 PM

Post #11 of 13 (1329 views)
Shortcut

Hi aihsian,

Welcome to the forum.

Mind telling us where are you from?

aihsian
New User

Nov 30, 2002, 4:55 AM

Post #12 of 13 (1321 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Hi everybody ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody !
I'm a 16 year old girl from Petaling Jaya,Selangor.

Milo still refuses to eat.I have to hand feed him or he'll probably starve to death.He only takes about a meal a day of the Science Diet stuff.When I hand feed him, he spits the food out.Really at my wit's end now.Desperate for help here...

Other than that, he's a pretty good pup.He occasionally pees in the house.Probably my fault because I didn't take him out.So far, it's been about a week since I last cleaned his poo.YESSSS !!! He learned to do his business outside now,I hope...

Oh, please help me with the food problem people.Would really appreciate it.Smile

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 30, 2002, 5:43 AM

Post #13 of 13 (1317 views)
Shortcut

Have you tried giving your pup other foods? How old is Milo? When our cocker pups were about 6-8 weeks, we noticed they were really hungry but not neccessarily finishing their puppy kibble. In fact, one of them got really growley coz he was hungry but didnt like his food...

after we put them on the soft canned food as well as the kibble, they were much happier and grew real fast after that too!

now we feed our dogs and pups kibble in the morning for breakfast and dinner, and soft canned food at night. I also give them lamb jerky during trainign sessions.

good luck with the feeding Smile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my