First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 48 Next page Last page  View All

dmax
Enthusiast

Jan 20, 2004, 3:03 AM

Post #1 of 1180 (56062 views)
Shortcut
JRT ZONE Can't Post

Hi all,

Since the JRT group is growing bigger, how about compiling a list of our doggies here. Hope that we can share our passion for JRT here.

JOIN THE LIST!!

OWNER / Name of Dog / D.O.B. / Gender / Coat / Colour / Location

1. GINL / Biscuit / 26November01 / Male / Smooth / Tricolor(White,Tan,Black) / Damansara, Selangor
2. GINL / Bailey / June03?? / Male / Rough / White&Tan / Damansara, Selangor
3. CHERYGAN / Mou Mou / 8October02 / Bitch / Smooth / White&Tan / Puchong, Selangor
4. CHERYGAN / Byron / March03 / Male / Smooth / White&Tan / Puchong, Selangor
5. CHERYGAN / Young Young / June03?? / Bitch / Rough / White&Tan?? / Puchong, Selangor
6. MYRA / Blossom / 18April03 / Bitch / Smooth / White&Tan / USJ, Selangor
7. DMAX / Coco / March02 / Bitch / Smooth / White&Tan / Puchong, Selangor
8. DMAX / Jojo / May02 / Male / Smooth / White&Tan / Puchong, Selangor
9. DMAX / Tubby / 31August03 / Male / Smooth / Tan&White / Puchong, Selangor
10. ARAGORN2976 / Snoopy / 31August03 / Bitch / Smooth / White&Tan / USJ, Selangor
11. DJOECOOL / Dao Dao / 31August03 / Bitch / Smooth / White&Tan / Kota Kemuning, Selangor

Please add on. Thanks.

Join the JRT Zone

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 20, 2004, 4:12 AM

Post #2 of 1180 (56018 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dmax] JRT ZONE [In reply to] Can't Post

Hahaa...

Cool!! CoolCool Thanks for putting us on the list... Tongue

Kekeke... Should put this thread as part of your signature so that lots of people will know about this thread!!

Yahoo!!! SlySly Anyway, here's an updated picture of Snoopy, sunning herself like a "gwai-poh".. LaughLaugh

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)
Attachments: 20040113_02.jpg (89.2 KB)

dmax
Enthusiast

Jan 20, 2004, 9:21 AM

Post #3 of 1180 (56015 views)
Shortcut

Hi Aragorn,

Ya, maybe you can also help to maintain this list since you're more active here Smile At least we know who are the JRT owners when we meet next time. Wish we can have a group pic taken too. You can also come out with new ideas for the group.

Hey, Snoopy's right ear seems to stand just like Coco. Maybe she want to hear clearly all the time. I suppose when she is tired, her ear will drop, right?

JOIN THE LIST!!

1. GINL / Biscuit / 26November01 / Male / Smooth / Tricolor(White,Tan,Black) / Damansara, Selangor
3. CHERYGAN / Mou Mou / 8October02 / Bitch / Smooth / White&Tan / Puchong, Selangor
5. CHERYGAN / Young Young / June03?? / Bitch / Rough / White&Tan?? / Puchong, Selangor
7. DMAX / Coco / 19March02 / Bitch / Smooth / White&Tan / Puchong, Selangor
8. DMAX / Jojo / 21April02 / Male / Smooth / White&Tan / Puchong, Selangor
10. ARAGORN2976 / Snoopy / 31August03 / Bitch / Smooth / White&Tan / Subang, Selangor
11. DJOECOOL / Dao Dao / 31August03 / Bitch / Smooth / White&Tan / Kota Kemuning, Selangor

Please add on. Thanks.

Wish all of you a wonderful lunar new year filled with good health, wealth and happiness. Drive safely.

GONG XI FA CHAI

junecheah

Jan 20, 2004, 9:37 PM

Post #4 of 1180 (56011 views)
Shortcut

10. ARAGORN2976 / Snoopy / 31August03 / Bitch / Smooth / White&Tan / Subang, Selangor
12.June Cheah/Whisky/21st Oct03/Male/ Smooth / White&Tan/Sunway,Slgr

dmax
Enthusiast

Jan 21, 2004, 2:56 AM

Post #5 of 1180 (56004 views)
Shortcut
Re: [junecheah] JRT ZONE [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi junecheah,

Thanks for updating this list. Hope we can meet you and whisky. Smile Where did you get him from?

JOIN THE LISTS!

12. JUNECHEAH / Whisky / 21Oct03 / Male / Smooth / White&Tan / Sunway,Selangor

Please add on. Thanks.

Join the JRT Zone

daniel
Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2004, 8:23 PM

Post #6 of 1180 (55993 views)
Shortcut

Just for info...

the Jack Russell Terrier aka Jack Rascal Terror does not exist anymore lah.. the nama kena tukar already.. but dunno Malaysia will practice it or not lah.. come to think of it.. cool eh.. dog breed also get to change name after all these years... hehehhe

*Note: The name of the Jack Russell Terrier was changed to the Parson Russell Terrier effective April 1, 2003 as requested by the Jack Russell Terrier Association of America, which was changed to the Parson Russell Terrier Association of America.

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!
DUN TALK TO ME IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED.
COS I'M A DAMM KWAILAN FELLA OK!!!

daniel
Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2004, 8:30 PM

Post #7 of 1180 (55992 views)
Shortcut

More info at: www.jrtaa.org

dun think they gonna change the url address but their logo and meta tag have been changed to "prtaa"

PS I dun have a jrt but i like to kepo and hang out in there.. heheheheh

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!

dmax
Enthusiast

Jan 25, 2004, 10:11 AM

Post #8 of 1180 (55984 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daniel] JRT ZONE [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi daniel,

Thanks for the info. I'm aware of this changes. In fact, there is a lot of confusion as to what a JRT is. In Australia, JRT is still being recognised as JRT (short legged one between 10" to 12") and those taller is recognised as PRT (between 12" to 15").Refer tohttp://www.ankc.aust.com/breeds_by_group.html

In US and UK, the short legged one is not recognised by their AKC and The Kennel Club UK. They decided to change the JRT name to PRT to diffentiate them from the short legged one. But there are clubs around the world still recognise the short legged JRT.

Maybe this info may help you to understand a bit about the history of JRT http://www.chesapeakerun.com/basics/history.html

Join the JRT Zone

(This post was edited by dmax on Jan 25, 2004, 10:17 AM)

junecheah

Jan 25, 2004, 10:16 PM

Post #9 of 1180 (55979 views)
Shortcut

Hi Dmax, great idea on the JRT zone.. I bought Whisky at a petshop in SS2. Would to love meet other JRT owner on a gathering.. Whisky will be taking his 3rd jab this coming 10th of Feb. After that, he is a free pup. I can't wait to bring him out on a walk or something.... do organize and let me know..Wink

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 26, 2004, 4:37 PM

Post #10 of 1180 (55968 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dmax, daniel] JRT ZONE [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi guys!!

Yup... I can confirm that as I checked out a book on breeds recently and found that there is a slight difference bet the JRT and PRT. TongueTongue

However, based on temperament... Aiya.. Still the same... LaughLaughLaugh... Highly intelligent, stubborn, willful and tenacious little dog who thinks he is a big dog... LOL!!

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 26, 2004, 4:41 PM

Post #11 of 1180 (55967 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] JRT ZONE [In reply to] Can't Post

Hehe...

Great idea by June to have all of us get together... TongueTongue... Kekekeke.... I wonder where is the best place to host the fiesty JRTs and their owners?? LaughLaughLaugh

Join the JRT Zone

daniel
Enthusiast

Jan 26, 2004, 11:16 PM

Post #12 of 1180 (55964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aragorn2976] JRT ZONE [In reply to] Can't Post

my opinion.. i think height diference only lah.. same like US & UK beagle lah.. the 14 inchi kebawah and 14 inci keatas kind of thingie lah.. but you should check out the pixs at jrtaa man.. the dogs in action.. i think they make better earth dogs than show dogs lah..

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 27, 2004, 4:52 AM

Post #13 of 1180 (55962 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daniel] JRT ZONE [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughLaughLaugh... Yup...

Don't know what's the big deal about the renaming of the JRT-la... LaughLaughLaugh Only a matter of height... TongueTongue

Kekeke... Agree with you. It is really tough to hold a JRT's attention for long during a show, unless it has been really well-trained as they have such short attention spans. Tongue Yea.. Earthdogs are a JRT's domain!! Kekeke... Wouldn't want to encourage Snoopy to be a JRT, my Dad will kill us if she makes pock marks in his beloved garden.. LaughLaughLaugh

Join the JRT Zone

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 27, 2004, 5:06 AM

Post #14 of 1180 (55961 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dmax] JRT ZONE - Tubby the hero? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there!!

Got word from my mom that Tubby became a hero for saving a cat who was in a puddle? TongueTongueTongue

Wow, if there were reporters near by, Tubby would be a huge celebrity now... Dog rescues Cat... SmileSmile

If given Snoopy, I think she might have flung the cat around... She doesn't seem to agree with them. If one is walking by, she'll bark like crazy... Tongue

Join the JRT Zone

dpelican

Jan 28, 2004, 4:49 AM

Post #15 of 1180 (55950 views)
Shortcut
JRT ZONE [In reply to] Can't Post

Check out this site. I like this site, especially the pics section.

http://www.terrier.com

The Jack Russell Terrier Club of America

paulynn
ALPHA

Jan 28, 2004, 9:11 AM

Post #16 of 1180 (55942 views)
Shortcut

12.June Cheah/Whisky/21st Oct03/Male/ Smooth / White&Tan/Sunway,Slgr OWNER / Name of Dog / 13.PAULYNN/Pongo/31st Aug 03/Male/Smooth/White&Tan/Klang,Selangor D.

Please Add On.thanks

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 28, 2004, 6:34 PM

Post #17 of 1180 (55939 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dpelican] JRT ZONE [In reply to] Can't Post

Hehe...

Thanks!! They look so cute!! TongueTongueTongue

Join the JRT Zone

dmax
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2004, 6:49 PM

Post #18 of 1180 (55910 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aragorn2976] JRT ZONE - Tubby the hero? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hahaha. I was so afraid that the 3 of them will tear the kitten apart. Luckily, Tubby was quick enough to pick up the kitten from the puddle and carried it to the dry ground. I was so tense when he carried the kitten in his jaws. I was worried that he would change his mind and instead chew on it. Before they can do anything futher I quickly put the leash on them again.

Join the JRT Zone

dmax
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2004, 7:00 PM

Post #19 of 1180 (55909 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dpelican] JRT ZONE [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I like this site too. The JRTCA is the largest Jack Russell Terrier club and registry in the world. And they are not affiliated in any way with the American Kennel Club (AKC). They define the breed standard to cover the JRT height from 10" to 15". I like their Q&A forum which is really helpful.

Join the JRT Zone

dmax
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2004, 7:20 PM

Post #20 of 1180 (55907 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulynn] JRT ZONE [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Paulynn for updating this list. How's Pongo? Is he enjoying his new home. I'm sure he is as playful as before. Can't wait to see him.

JOIN THE LIST!!

1. GINL / Biscuit / 26Nov01 / Male / Smooth / Tricolor(White,Tan,Black) / Damansara, Selangor
2. GINL / Bailey / Jun03?? / Male / Rough / White&Tan / Damansara, Selangor
3. CHERYGAN / Mou Mou / 8Oct02 / Bitch / Smooth / White&Tan / Puchong, Selangor
4. CHERYGAN / Byron / Mar03 / Male / Smooth / White&Tan / Puchong, Selangor
5. CHERYGAN / Young Young / Jun03?? / Bitch / Rough / White&Tan?? / Puchong, Selangor
6. MYRA / Blossom / 18Apr03 / Bitch / Smooth / White&Tan / USJ, Selangor
7. DMAX / Coco / 19Mar02 / Bitch / Smooth / White&Tan / Puchong, Selangor
8. DMAX / Jojo / 21Apr02 / Male / Smooth / White&Tan / Puchong, Selangor
9. DMAX / Tubby / 31Aug03 / Male / Smooth / Tan&White / Puchong, Selangor
10. ARAGORN2976 / Snoopy / 31Aug03 / Bitch / Smooth / White&Tan / Subang, Selangor
11. DJOECOOL / Dao Dao / 31Aug03 / Bitch / Smooth / White&Tan / Kota Kemuning, Selangor
12. JUNECHEAH / Whisky / 21Oct03 / Male / Smooth / White&Tan / Sunway, Selangor
13. PAULYNN / Pongo / 31Aug03 / Male / Smooth / White&Tan / Klang, Selangor

Please add on. Thanks

Join the JRT Zone

(This post was edited by dmax on Jan 29, 2004, 7:30 PM)
Attachments: JRT.gif (4.14 KB)

djoecool
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2004, 9:25 PM

Post #21 of 1180 (55896 views)
Shortcut

Hi dmax,

Thanks for putting us in the list. It's such a good idea to compile the list of JRTs in this forum. Now we know the count of JRTs in the forum Wink.

Wow... Tubby is so clever to save the little kitty. Hhmmm... I wonder what Dao Dao will do if she ever gets near a kitten. No chance to see that yet. Only know that she'll try to chase after birds whenever she's out walking and bark at them when she's at home and sees the birdie in the garden. So now birds don't visit our garden anymore Crazy.

The little pic that you have is very cute. I've saved it already Wink.

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 29, 2004, 10:28 PM

Post #22 of 1180 (55894 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dmax] JRT ZONE - Tubby the hero? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow... Shocked

That is intense... Kekekee.. Big news-le as I've read so much about JRTs killing small animals... Tongue Tubby must be really gentle.. Wink

Join the JRT Zone

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 29, 2004, 10:30 PM

Post #23 of 1180 (55891 views)
Shortcut

Hahaa...

That is one cute icon there!! Sly Looks a lot like Snoopy!! LaughLaughLaugh

Join the JRT Zone

dpelican

Jan 30, 2004, 4:05 AM

Post #24 of 1180 (55888 views)
Shortcut

Initially when we first got Dao Dao, that was the site I kept on visiting and printing out all the 'taking-care-of-JRT-for-newbie' tips for my gf to read. I visited the forum and did a search on how to get Dao Dao to stop barking throughout the night. Yeah, the forum is really helpful because, it's not just a user forum, it's more like a 'tech support' type of forum where there's a qualified person to advise you on your problems.

I tried other sites and found out that all the other ones either have similar or exact contents to the ones in JRTCA. That's why I kind of figured out that site must be a very prominent site for JRT. The cute pics is a big plus also.Cool

gaudygoddess
Dog Kichi

Jan 30, 2004, 8:19 PM

Post #25 of 1180 (55881 views)
Shortcut
Re: Member of Tubby Fan Club [In reply to] Can't Post

Oooooo so sorry to digress from the listing but was so happy and touched to hear Tubby rescued a kitty from the drain! Cute name too!

My brother and sister has a 6 month JRT with some mix (a bit long legged) and she gets along very well with their 2 adult cats. Why, one of the cats even plays "catching" with the doggy and only if nobody is watching. If they see humans around, they buat tak tahu of each other.

Yayyyy for Tubby. I don't think JRT's hate cats more than they hate seeing another 4 legged creature (invasion of territory). I guess is Tubby wanted to kill the Kitty, he would not have allowed you to take it out of his jaws.

Aragorn, what happened to the kitten?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 48 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my