Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Vaccination:
Personal Vaccination

garys
Novice

Jan 29, 2004, 2:23 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1737 views)
Shortcut
Personal Vaccination Can't Post

I just got a Miniature Pinscher and it has been vaccinated for Parvovirus and Canine Distemper that caused me RM80. This is called 6 in 1. I was advised by the vet to vaccinate the dog again 1 month later for booster jab. I'm not sure how many jabs a dog need and how frequent. Can anyone advise?
I'm planning to jab the dog myself in the following months if I get the right kind of vaccination medicine name and also the correct schedule. My uncle jab the dog himself.
Advice?

In Reply To

nathalie
Doggyman

Jan 29, 2004, 6:13 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1733 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garys] Personal Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

it's definitely not advisable to vaccinate a pup urself. whenever u bring ur pup to the vet, the vets will check ur dog's temperature n weight of dog before giving him any dosages.

if ur dog is sick, the vet'll less likely vaccinate ur dog coz his antibody is low. if u do it yourself u might not know whether ur dog is fit for a vaccination or not...plus the amont of dosages.

there's always a reason for the existance of a vet..if we can do it ourself, why do we need one? unless or until u have the knowledge or qualification of a vetenarian, i suggest if not better leave the job to the professionals

just my humble opinion....

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 29, 2004, 7:45 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1729 views)
Shortcut

Hi !!!Laugh

Usually 1st Vaccination (6 in 1) was done when the puppy was 8 week old follow by 3 week x 2.

Total 3 jab. Vet charge RM40 - RM45.

Is ur uncle a vet? As i know only vet can puchase the vaccine.

It is not advisable to do the vaccination urself. Leave it to the pro Wink

garys
Novice

Jan 29, 2004, 8:21 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Personal Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

no my uncle is not a vet. He knows a breeder who sold him the vaccination and tell him the dosages to use. It's very economical.

rocz

Mar 6, 2004, 5:20 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1669 views)
Shortcut

As I learnt fr a vet,the vacc medi has to be kept at a temp btw 2-7 degree celcius...lets say if the storage is not appropriate, no matter how many vacc u take also not effective...

anyway I read abt vacc fr this site...u can read more abt it...:)

http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/...on/vaccinations.html

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my