Home: Breed Specific: Gundog Group:
I want a Golden Retriever

jleong
Novice

Jan 22, 2004, 10:30 PM

Post #1 of 14 (2262 views)
Shortcut
I want a Golden Retriever Can't Post

Hello everyone!!! happy chinese new year!!

I have been thinking to get a golden retriever puppy since December last year. But the puppy in pet shop is very expensive easily cost RM 2800-3500. I tried to look around at SPCA & PAWS, but both person in charge says it is difficult to find it in SPCA & PAWS.

I really like golden retriever, I have done all the research about it. I have a girl friend who have a 1 and a half years old golden retriever, he is so cute and obedient, make me so envy..

Can anyone help me by sharing some info where I can buy a golden retriever puppy at lower price or I can adopt?

I thank you guys in advance.

Leong

jleong
Novice

Jan 22, 2004, 10:32 PM

Post #2 of 14 (2256 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jleong] I want a Golden Retriever [In reply to] Can't Post

my e-mail is jleong@ehotelier.com, please let me know if you can help.

Thanks,
Leong

CasperSkywalker

Jan 23, 2004, 8:19 AM

Post #3 of 14 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jleong....

happy to hear that you plan to get a golden...

but what type of golden r u planning to take in ? is it a pet quality or show quality ?

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 23, 2004, 12:11 PM

Post #4 of 14 (2248 views)
Shortcut

hello

mmm, if u meant a pet quality GR puppy, it wouldn't cost as much as RM 2800. it's normally only 2k and below

try searching for GR breeders. best not to buy your puppy from a pet shop.

boon
Doggyman

Jan 24, 2004, 11:20 AM

Post #5 of 14 (2240 views)
Shortcut

if u r willing to drive up north, u can get a puppy at 7/8 weeks old for about 1200 to 1500 with 1 jap vaccinated.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

jleong
Novice

Jan 25, 2004, 1:28 AM

Post #6 of 14 (2234 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] I want a Golden Retriever [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Boon, Hunter & CasperSkyWalker,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I don't mind getting a quality GR, I think the that Boon mentioned is idea in terms of price, however, north means in Penang? I can get my friend to get it down to KL for me.

Boon,please give me more details if possible.

Many thanks,
Leong

boon
Doggyman

Jan 25, 2004, 1:41 AM

Post #7 of 14 (2232 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

let me check with my contacts see if there is GR available now or r u willing to wait for the pup ?

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

jleong
Novice

Jan 25, 2004, 2:13 AM

Post #8 of 14 (2231 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] I want a Golden Retriever [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya, why not. Pls let me know after you checked with your friend.

Thanks,
Leong

yenlai

Jan 25, 2004, 7:37 PM

Post #9 of 14 (2222 views)
Shortcut

Hi, I am looking for a female golden retriever puppy as well. Anyone can help me out? I am in KL. Smile

xyne
Doggyman

Jan 29, 2004, 7:26 PM

Post #10 of 14 (2196 views)
Shortcut

hi hi... i got harvey for about RM1600... His size is big for his age, very active, very healthy, veeerrryyyy handsomeee... .heehehee
I got him from a breeder thru a pet shop in SS23, PJ. Maybe you can go there n see if they have any. They r not like other pet shops tat display pets in display windows...

Also...the (t: 7729 2027) and this forum has a few GR breeder's list.
Give it a try....looking forward to have you join our Retriever's gang!!!...

winnie7718
Novice

Nov 10, 2004, 11:31 AM

Post #11 of 14 (1845 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xyne] I want a Golden Retriever [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm i also looking for GR puppy...

but the price is to high.. recently my frend bought one male GR cost Rm2100 from ipoh breeder...

where can i get cheaper GR puppy?Pirate

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Nov 10, 2004, 9:33 PM

Post #12 of 14 (1838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [winnie7718] I want a Golden Retriever [In reply to] Can't Post

try penang, i got Roxy when she was 7 1/2 weeks for RM1000. she is intelligent, she is small boned (that is what my vet says) but i don't mind. she is smart, active, healthy and loves me.

also it would be cheap if u ask breeder. sometimes breeder have stud dogs and ppl will go and mate their bitch with the breeder studs. normally the bitch owner have to pay for this services but sometimes it's a 50-50 thing, the bitch owner may pay half and give like 50% of the puppies to the breeder so he can sell it. normally want to let go when very young, so cheaper lor

drawback, you are not sure how the tempermant would be like. it will be good if u can see the bitch, if u can the dog even better so give u an idea how the GR will behave when big.

i didn't see Roxy's parents (my mistake) but i am glad she is turning into a beautiful and obedient dog. she is 16 weeks already.

you can check out www.landofpuregold.com for more info or test u should give the breeder before buying ur GR. dont' buy from petshop. ask urself if u want to have a GR for show or pet. show /Champion lines are normally more expensive.

angsh25
Novice

Nov 21, 2004, 7:24 PM

Post #13 of 14 (1764 views)
Shortcut
Golden Retriever & Crocker Spaniel [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello.. people....

Mind if i ask anyone with Golden Retriever or English Crocker Spanieal in Penang..... arrrr Coz i have 1 each...

i was thinking of sharing experience.. and also...bring our dogs to the beach...? An golden or Crocker outing !

Hey by the way anyone knows how to bring litters.. coz my golden is pregnant ... ! i guess within 1 month she

gonna give birth.. so .. anyone with experience about what i should do let me k! my crocker make my golden pregnant

So what should i call the new breed.. heheh GOLDEN CROCKER ..... hehehe

truelover
Novice

Nov 29, 2004, 1:10 AM

Post #14 of 14 (1717 views)
Shortcut
Re: [winnie7718] I want a Golden Retriever [In reply to] Can't Post

hi...still looking for GR??

give me ur email and i will mail u the list of GR breeders

Cheers!!!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my