First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Keen Hong
Novice

Jan 13, 2004, 8:05 PM

Post #76 of 166 (6461 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doodle] Basset Hound corner [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Doodle,

I stay at Serdang, near the Pasar Borong Selangor... & surprisingly i am one of the graduates from MMU Wink I am currently working at POV.

My dog's name is PiPi. She is cute n adorable but she is a huge destroyer too. i am staying with my ex coursemates. They have some plants in the garden... but PiPi just bite all of the plants in the garden. Oo....do other bassets out there like to bury things ? haaa PiPi likes to bury clothes in the garden and she even buried the little bone of my housemates' dog n it took us a hard time to find where the bone was .......

meifuan
Novice

Jan 16, 2004, 5:51 AM

Post #77 of 166 (6443 views)
Shortcut

Hihi, sorry for reply you late.

I was overslept on Sunday so I went there at about 1.00pm. The day is too hot hence my basset refused to go with me. I saw many different types of dog around except basset hound. It's disapointed me...Frown

I also hope to find a spouse for my basset but I think is a bit hard because I have no time to take care of them.Can think about it only....

carmen369
Novice

Jan 16, 2004, 6:27 PM

Post #78 of 166 (6442 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ken_elt] Basset Hound corner [In reply to] Can't Post

oh...hei guys!! Errmm...i don't think i have a pure breed basset hound.. I got a dog from my friend, I named it "Felix"..is felix the dog.. Before i met this dog..i friend told me that was a 'hush puppies" breed.. Haha..I dont think it is...but im having felix right now, he is now sleeping at my garden.. Haha.. He look something like Beagle..but only with brown colour and without a long tail like beagle..shorter than beagle also,,his leg is like basset hound.. I'm not sure what breed is it,,i already search a lot of enclyclopedia..but did not found...maybe it was mixed... Hehe.. Hope that everybody won't mind that i dont have pure breed dog..

Luv,

carmen
Regards,
Carmen

"To you, he is only part of your life, but to him, you are his everything!!"

doodle
ALPHA

Jan 18, 2004, 7:06 AM

Post #79 of 166 (6433 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Keen Hong] Basset Hound corner [In reply to] Can't Post

hello

U must be my senior then

I am also from FCM doing MI

graduating soon!
My basset is very lazy and very entertaining. He can be real cool when we laugh at him. He will just give us his side view.

Doodle shed alot of furs and causes me alot of trouble!

(This post was edited by doodle on Jan 18, 2004, 7:14 AM)

doodle
ALPHA

Jan 18, 2004, 7:25 AM

Post #80 of 166 (6431 views)
Shortcut
Re: [meifuan] Basset Hound corner [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there!
I didn't bring my dog on sunday either. It was very hot indeed!

I feel my basset is very lonely too. Thought of getting one female for him. Not sure yet. Maybe another year or two. When he behaves better.

I hope to meet up!

doodle
ALPHA

Jan 18, 2004, 8:02 AM

Post #81 of 166 (6429 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carmen369] Basset Hound corner [In reply to] Can't Post

hello there

welcome to the hound group!
Where digging and sniffing never ends... heheheeh..

i am not sure what breed is your dog but sounds like a hound to me...

where are u from?

Hound makes a great pet don't they??Wink

meifuan
Novice

Jan 20, 2004, 5:30 AM

Post #82 of 166 (6421 views)
Shortcut

I thought dog will behave better after they have partners.Do you know anyone who has female basset and want to breed?

Do you go any where on CNY holiday?If not, then we can find some day to meet up.

Keen Hong
Novice

Jan 20, 2004, 5:46 PM

Post #83 of 166 (6418 views)
Shortcut

Hello........

I was majoring in FA. Nice to meet a basset lover that came from the same faculty with me too Tongue

Currently i back to Kota Bahru...... heeee but my PiPi followed my gf back to Melaka luuu...

Now she improved alot where she won't vomit in long journey n she can be stable in the car too........

I am thinking to let my PiPi give birth ...but now she is just 1 year old...to me she is still baby... maybe wait till 2 or 3 years old..then would start to find her a hubby heeeeeee

See you guys!!! For all the Chinese basset lovers Happy Chinese New Year..for non Chinese Happy Holidays !!!!!!!!!

Cheers!

doodle
ALPHA

Jan 20, 2004, 7:42 PM

Post #84 of 166 (6416 views)
Shortcut

hello meifuan,

there's quite alot of female basset here. Keen Hong has one!
But I think if you want to mate, do make sure that they are ready and yourself. We should really be a responsible breeder knowing how to take care of the puppies. Male should wait till at least they are 18 months old where female should wait till their 2nd period. Then only breeding once in two years. This is what I was told. My doodle is way too young to be a daddy! heheheh... maybe next time..

I am free during chinese new year but it would be quite trouble some to transport doodle around. He is getting heavier!
But lately, he is not feeling well. Have to make sure that he is feeling better first.

Cool

doodle
ALPHA

Jan 20, 2004, 7:49 PM

Post #85 of 166 (6414 views)
Shortcut

hi keen hong!

Which year are you in?
are you the first badge for FCM? You should know Jon Wee then.

Did you go for our FCM night where we call it Mask Night?
I was there.

It's a small world afterall.. hehehe...Cool

meifuan
Novice

Jan 21, 2004, 7:18 PM

Post #86 of 166 (6410 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Actually, my parent do not like my bassset.They are trying to sell it but I can't do anything about it.Maybe after I graduate and go overseas, the basset will no longer belongs to me.That's why I decided to find a spouse for him...

I can bring my basset to your place.It's ok for me.My sis and I always travel him around by using our car.Is it ok to go your there?

doodle
ALPHA

Jan 24, 2004, 9:49 AM

Post #87 of 166 (6404 views)
Shortcut

hello

u can definately bring him over to my place!
I don't mind that at all. Right now doodle is in klang under my care because he was not feeling well. I might go back to puchong by next week. Will let u know by then?
Basset are the best to me. If I could get another dog, I will still get a basset. I think they are very affectionate and playful dog. Always full of laughter for the family!

Wink

meifuan
Novice

Jan 26, 2004, 11:44 PM

Post #88 of 166 (6397 views)
Shortcut

then, i hope to hear from you soon.

i have three different kind of dogs in my house.they give me fun as well as trouble.it is hard and tired to take care all of them.it's a huge responsibility....for me, basset is too hyperactiveCrazy

doodle
ALPHA

Jan 27, 2004, 9:43 PM

Post #89 of 166 (6385 views)
Shortcut

hello

I m looking forward to meet you too!
I couldn't agree with you more that bassets can be hyperactive!
Mine is so naughty that he destroy my mom's garden. My mom was so mad!!! Mad

He was alright when he was by himself. Just sleep only. But now I put him together with another dog, they kept playing whole day.

Pirate

meifuan
Novice

Jan 31, 2004, 5:11 AM

Post #90 of 166 (6379 views)
Shortcut

hihi,

I try many times to put it with my two other dogs together, but they just don't like my basset.They like to fight with it.They don't even bother about the basset.When my basset get close to them, they just bark at it...

doodle
ALPHA

Feb 2, 2004, 9:20 PM

Post #91 of 166 (6375 views)
Shortcut

hello

basset can be really annoying sometimes. My doodle annoy the other dog so much that each time doodle comes close, the other will get up and move away.

Basset are very persistent and they will not let you go till they are satisfied or sleepy!
heehhehe

Sly

meifuan
Novice

Feb 2, 2004, 10:45 PM

Post #92 of 166 (6372 views)
Shortcut

hi,

I really agree of what you said.They are just like a baby needs attention and care anytime.Sometimes I will feel happy to be with him but sometimes I feel annoying.

rockyhroxanne
Novice

Feb 9, 2004, 1:07 AM

Post #93 of 166 (6359 views)
Shortcut

Hi there i have Bassetts too actually we have ALOT of them we have 6 older ones and then we just had a batch of puppies and we had 10. They are a very stubborn dog but they are so loveable. And there puppies are such cuddly things., and very loveable. They are a very unique dog , but they are not very smart when it comes to looking after there puppies, we take shifts here cause they will lay on them and not get up and will suffocate them. So we take turns for the first two weeks during the night to make sure to get them from under her and usually about 6 times you are rescueing a puppy. But it is worth it cause it is a whole lot of fun withthem

In Reply To
Anyone here owns a basset hound?
I hardly spot any basset hound around. Hope to meet as many bassie owners. It will be fun to be able to discuss about our furkids here.
My bassie is 3 months old now and it's name is doodle.
Wink

doodle
ALPHA

Feb 10, 2004, 12:26 AM

Post #94 of 166 (6349 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rockyhroxanne] Basset Hound corner [In reply to] Can't Post

hello!
Wow.. quite a number of basset u have there!
I am sure they are very adorable. I just love them!

Where are you from? Do you intend to sell the puppies?
Wink
How do you remember their names?

rockyhroxanne
Novice

Feb 10, 2004, 12:36 AM

Post #95 of 166 (6345 views)
Shortcut

Hello ! Actually i'am from Saskatchewan Canada, And yes we do actually plan on selling them , we have had great luck in finding new homes for the puppies in the past and hope to do so again. They are a very loveable bunch , we also just had a batch of daschunds too but i find myself always being with that bassett pups . They are just so loveable and cuddly and they love to be held , and the daschunds are more timid and shy and dont like to be held too much. And yes i do name them , but i find there is always one or two in the batch you really take a liking too and end up spoiling them, i'm very bad for that. I hate seeing them go and cry almost every time another one leaves . The reason we ended up having so many bassetts is cause we end up keeping a puppy off of each batch. lol yep attached

doodle
ALPHA

Feb 11, 2004, 11:46 PM

Post #96 of 166 (6317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rockyhroxanne] Basset Hound corner [In reply to] Can't Post

hello!
i m pleased to meet you!
I love basset very much and I do intend to get another for my male basset. I call him doodle. He can be very mischivious and adorable at the same time.
They just melt us don't they?

Keen Hong
Novice

Feb 16, 2004, 7:39 PM

Post #97 of 166 (6306 views)
Shortcut

Hi, so sorry for the late reply~~!!Tongue ehehe.yes! I do know Jon Wee n he is my senior as well. I did attend Mask nite,I was the video cameraman in the event. I had my Pipi during my 3rd year final sem. It was really a hard time as taking care of her while me and my gal friend was rushing for our FYP. but as Pipi is growing up to be a big girl now, everything runs smooth Wink come to think of it, those days were really endless nightmares for me n my galfriendCrazy,hahaha!! So u're currently busy for your final project right? Hope it's ok for you to take care of the dog and handle the final project at the same. Wink

doodle
ALPHA

Feb 17, 2004, 2:04 AM

Post #98 of 166 (6301 views)
Shortcut

hi !

I ve been quite busy lately and doodle is very active and playful. When nobody wants to play with him, he can be very destructive. Biting everything in sight.

I didn't even take him for the dog show which I usually would. Are you taking pipi to mid valley for the carnival?
Wanna go together?

Keen Hong
Novice

Feb 19, 2004, 9:50 PM

Post #99 of 166 (6292 views)
Shortcut

Hmmmmm.... not so sure whether I will bring along Pipi to the carnival in Mid Valley yet because maybe i might shop after the carnival...ehehehe Tongue But I will bring Pipi to the Obedience/Agility Workshop at Central Park, 1U there this weekend. Are u going to bring doodle along? Hopefully we have a meet over there...Wink

doodle
ALPHA

Feb 20, 2004, 7:03 AM

Post #100 of 166 (6287 views)
Shortcut

hey there!
I would love to take doodle there and meet up with you. But the problem is I will driving alone with doodle only. Do you think that's possible?
There's a ABC show coming on the 6th. I would like to take doodle there too but I am a little afraid that he might go out of control...

Sigh...

A bit wary la.

Unsure

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my