Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
Heys. *grins shyly*

freakism
Novice

Nov 20, 2002, 10:50 PM

Post #1 of 14 (1391 views)
Shortcut
Heys. *grins shyly* Can't Post

Umm.. heys all. I feel a little out of place here, not having owned a dog before -- (I dont think running around in my panties at age 2 with a rotti in my granny's house counts) --, just several [wicked!] cats. I'll be moving to a doublestoried terrace house in Damansara Utama next year and hope to have the pleasure of owning a Dobe. But I realise it's a rather LARGE dog for what I suppose is a rather small compound. I won't have any other pets, owning a dog of any sort would be huge commitment, I know. I'm currently doing my homework on the breed before I make my final decision. A bit of advice for the novice here, perhaps? *grins sheepishly*

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 20, 2002, 11:49 PM

Post #2 of 14 (1386 views)
Shortcut
Re: [freakism] Heys. *grins shyly* [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome Smile. Don't worry, quite a few people on this forum don't own dogs either... like you, they're getting dogs soon Wink! I own a Dobe, and she's the best thing that's ever happened to me (but then again, I say that about every dog and horse)... If you really want a Dobe, then I don't see anything wrong with getting one. But you *must* give it a lot of exercise, especially since you'll be living in a small compound.

-= Tisha =-

wkser
ALPHA

Nov 21, 2002, 12:08 AM

Post #3 of 14 (1383 views)
Shortcut

hi,
welcome to the forum.....i own a yellow labrador...SmileWink

regards

freakism
Novice

Nov 21, 2002, 12:09 AM

Post #4 of 14 (1383 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] Heys. *grins shyly* [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually, great thing you replied. I've been meaning to talk to you about yer Dobe. What's it like having a Dobe? Nothing like first-hand accounts to help confirm what to expect of this breed. Yer Sandra is magnificent! Sly

boon
Doggyman

Nov 21, 2002, 12:48 AM

Post #5 of 14 (1378 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Welcome, i have a yellow lab and GSD.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

jasonlyh
Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2002, 1:37 AM

Post #6 of 14 (1373 views)
Shortcut

Hi and welcome. There are many different type of dogs owned by the member here. Maybe you can get their opinion directly before choosing the right breed for yourself. Better still, feel free to join us at the coming gathering on 30th Nov listed in the event calendar to have a look and feel of the dogs Wink. Success

freakism
Novice

Nov 21, 2002, 3:03 AM

Post #7 of 14 (1369 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jasonlyh] Heys. *grins shyly* [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd love to go for the gathering but I can't. Going off to visit an uncle. Quick, organize another gathering so I can go!! I'm thinking extremely short-haired, sleek furred beast like the Dobe or Mini Pinscher. Thanks for the invitation. I've actually been looking around the site and reading lots of the forum posts before actually coming out to introduce myself. I find this community very warm; i feel welcomed already! Mebbe I'll just babysit all yer dogs instead of getting my own! Laugh

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 21, 2002, 6:51 AM

Post #8 of 14 (1359 views)
Shortcut

oooh, but nothing like having yer own dog... dogs are just such lurvely people, especially if you spend a lot of time to care for them, they become like your best friend.

freakism
Novice

Nov 21, 2002, 10:51 AM

Post #9 of 14 (1353 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Heys. *grins shyly* [In reply to] Can't Post

I love your pup. She's the perfect little girl! She's absolutely adorable. Do you talk to her? I adopted a black and white rabbit from a friend 3 years ago and he was my bestfriend. I'd fall asleep on the couch watching tv then *BAM!* he'd jump onto my chest, sit there all innocent and start nibbling my glasses cutely when i glare at him for waking me up. And I used to talk to him for hours and he'd fall asleep. Unfortunately, I developed some allergy to the bunny and had to give him away. Bah, I miss him.

f ® ê å k ï § M 

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 21, 2002, 5:36 PM

Post #10 of 14 (1348 views)
Shortcut

i talk to her all the time!!! and i think she understands me. Smile she's so human its unreal.

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 23, 2002, 11:49 PM

Post #11 of 14 (1328 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the compliment about Sandra, I think she's magnificent too, lol. Sandra's a very obedient dog.... she loves going for walks and jogs with me quite regularly Smile. She's not very friendly with other dogs (I didn't socialize her when she was a pup), but she can tolerate puppies. Mantainence is easy because her coat is so short - easy to spot fleas, hehe. Quite protective over her family, but also friendly with new people. Overall, she's a joy to have around.

-= Tisha =-

wstepfanie
Novice

Nov 28, 2002, 8:53 PM

Post #12 of 14 (1319 views)
Shortcut

Hello...welcome!!!

Like Dobermen? Have you ever think of getting a smaller but yet still a Domermen?? You can try getting a miniature pinscher since you are saying you have only a small compound! They are sooo much smaller than Dobermen!

Hope this helps!Crazy

freakism
Novice

Jan 2, 2003, 8:08 PM

Post #13 of 14 (1299 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wstepfanie] Heys. *grins shyly* [In reply to] Can't Post

Geez Steph, I didn't see this post I'm really sorry! You must think I'm an idiot for ignoring this post. Hehe. Anyway, yeah I thought of Mini Pins.. my mom has two! I was thinking more on the security side though coz I'm gonna be moving into a house for the first time. Lived in a condo all my life, the security issue wasn't really something to think about. Recently however, a few of my friends have had their houses robbed and that's shaken me some what. So a slightly larger dog would be the ideal. Been looking into other breeds though and thought even of a mixed breed from the pounds.

I still have plenty of time to decide; won't be moving in til late-Feb mid-March then give it 4-5 months of settling in before finally introducing a dog to the house. I'd like some time to prepare myself for ownership as well, heard owning a dog is trying! Sly

Thanks, Steph. Cool

f ® ê å k ï § M 

stanley

Jan 3, 2003, 4:05 PM

Post #14 of 14 (1288 views)
Shortcut

hi...welcome to the forum...previously i owned a Dobe.....just passed away last year Unimpressed....I'm staying in the corner double terace house....there is a small garden for my Dobe to run n play...i think if ur own a Dobe...u need to bring him out to exercise...as u have only a small compound Cool

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my