First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

kbs
Enthusiast

Nov 20, 2002, 6:57 PM

Post #1 of 208 (14649 views)
Shortcut
Beagle's owners section Can't Post

Hi All,

Just wondering how many Beagle owners out there? I own a currently 14 months old female Beagle (tri-color) and a 7 weeks old (tri-color too) male Beagle pup. Snuffy is my first Beagle and I fell in love with them despite all those craziness they put me up with..

p/s: Hope to gather more Beagle owners here..

Regards,
KBS

cowcow
Dog Kichi

Nov 21, 2002, 10:50 AM

Post #2 of 208 (14628 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kbs] Beagle's owners section [In reply to] Can't Post

hi hi hi!! I am also another beagle owner! can view my CoCo at

but guess that webpage not for long. I just try to show it to the dog owner who sold Coco to me. He is too care about coco oh!

Coco is born on 8 september 2002. and is a tri-color Female. (why people does use bitch for female dog? sounds rude??)

the healthy baby still kept in house waiting for third injection. boring boring!!!
Attachments: Coco.jpg (34.9 KB)

kbs
Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2002, 7:23 PM

Post #3 of 208 (14618 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cowcow] Beagle's owners section [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Cowcow,

Your coco looks so gorgeous and cute ! Are you coming for the 30th Nov gathering ? Attached is a photo of snuffy (when she was a pup) and Archie (taken last week).

Regards,
KBS
Attachments: MyBaby.JPG (15.3 KB)

cowcow
Dog Kichi

Nov 21, 2002, 8:18 PM

Post #4 of 208 (14611 views)
Shortcut

hi KBS
haiyaya!! why is it November 30th! Coco last injection is on 1st of December. How I gona go?? At least on 7th of December i only can bring her out, right??

Why there is a white color spot on ur snuffy neck? that's look very cute and nice! like the prince with the coat! hehehe!

kbs
Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2002, 8:28 PM

Post #5 of 208 (14608 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cowcow,

Aa, I think you got mixed up.. The one on the floor is the new little pup with the white spot on neck (Archie) and the one on the blue sofa is Snuffy Smile. I will only be bringing Snuffy to the gathering as Archie is still too young. Your coco is so so cute, should consider grom her up for dog show..

Regards,
KBS

cowcow
Dog Kichi

Nov 21, 2002, 9:40 PM

Post #6 of 208 (14601 views)
Shortcut

HI KBS!
actually what's the requirement to put a dog in dog show? Just give me presure as my Coco not yet well train. Been training 2 weeks and at least know how to sit, hand, down, up. that's all, even go toilet also don't know yet. i think she need at least some obediance skill to enter dog show, right? and also need super food too? as to make the coat shining? Crazy Too much presure too much presure as i only thought she would be a family dog, that's all i wanted to be. Have ur snuffy enter the dog show before??

freakism
Novice

Nov 21, 2002, 10:36 PM

Post #7 of 208 (14600 views)
Shortcut

The pups are adorable!! Is it easy to get beagles in malaysia? I think Snuffy and Archie are so sweet.. just can't help but wanna hug them tightly! Coco has got to be a real princess. I think she's perfect. Smile

f ® ê å k ï § M 

kbs
Enthusiast

Nov 22, 2002, 12:13 AM

Post #8 of 208 (14593 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cowcow,

Snuffy has never entered for any dog show before. I don't know very much on dog show, but from ur coco photo, she has a very nice physical structure/outlook already for show dog. So, with a little bit of training, she will have no problem in the show. Snuffy is very naughty and hyper-active and I am not sure if it is too late to train her now for show? She is now 14 months old.

Regards,
KBS

cowcow
Dog Kichi

Nov 22, 2002, 12:36 AM

Post #9 of 208 (14592 views)
Shortcut

Actually Coco is bought from a guy which his appartment canot keep dog, so he force to let out. And i see him so care about the coco, that's why i show the progress of Coco to him loh!

So far she's still have the cert oh, the guy told me that the cert only will be prepared on next year around february, then he will contact me. Is it something like that? I also not sure because this is the first time i keep pure breed dog, but at least there is a micro chip inside.

the guy bought coco from petshop at ss2, I think is the beside kamdar that one. so far people always says dangerous to buy puppy from pet shop, but i see that shop condition is not bad mah, once a while got beagle puppy too.

as the guy told me also, coco's father n mom is imported breed and a champion line? I not sure and not much bother, just that will it be a bit waste if she is not in show?

KBS, actually do you have any training guide as for ur snuffy? so much guide yet i not sure how to use. choke chain? crate train? cliker train? my train just normal train, just say sit, she sit and i give her food, up, she jump and touch my hand, give her food, down, she lie down, give her food. is this correct anyway?

kbs
Enthusiast

Nov 26, 2002, 8:30 PM

Post #10 of 208 (14573 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Attached is a recent photo (taken few days ago) of my two beagles, Snuffy & Archie

Regards,
KBS
Attachments: SnuffyArchie.JPG (64.0 KB)

arthur
ALPHA

Nov 27, 2002, 12:12 AM

Post #11 of 208 (14564 views)
Shortcut

Hi Kbs,

Just a short note to say what a cute pair of beagles you've got! Archie looks adorable with his tongue sticking out like that. Have Snuffy been a good big sister? Or should I say, a future mate?Wink

Rdgs Arthur

cowcow
Dog Kichi

Nov 27, 2002, 5:20 AM

Post #12 of 208 (14553 views)
Shortcut

hi hi hi KBS!
your snuffy and archie is real cute leh! Will ur Snuffy bully Archie?? I just wondering if my Coco become mommy one day, i am going to keep all the puppy, crazy idea huh?? hehe!

I think Coco is almost same age like archie, right? maybe my coco can be your archie girl friend leh? hehe!Sly

TohCS
Enthusiast

Nov 27, 2002, 4:44 PM

Post #13 of 208 (14547 views)
Shortcut

Hi everyone,

Here's a beagle poem by Henry J.Colombo for all beagle owners:

Sound Advice
If you are feeling blue, old man,
And your spirit is getting down
My advice to you is this,
Get yourself a beagle hound.

Then when you come home at night
He will wag his tail in greeting
The things that he would like to say,
Are well worth while repeating.

And though he really cannot talk,
He knows when things are amiss,
If he could but speak the words,
They probably would sound like this.

"Please don't feel so blue, old man,
I know you are tired and weary,
Take me out to the woods tonight,
And I will try to make it cheery.

"Let's go down to the old brush lot,
Where the rabbits romp and play,
And there I will do my best,
To drive your blues away."

And so you take your little friend,
Off to the woods you go,
He trotted so merrily ahead,
You trudged behind so slow.

At last you reach the wooded spot,
And "Pal" starts nosing around,
He soon will have a bunny up,
You can tell just by the sound.

At first it may only be a squeal,
But I'm sure it wont be long,
Before he opens loud and clear,
With that merry beagle song.

He'll drive that bunny far and wide,
At a fast and furious pace,
For he wants to cheer his master,
With this hard and thrilling chase.

If red blood courses through your veins,
You'll forget your world's cares,
For this is just the sort of chase,
That answers a beagle's prayers.

Your face will lose that constant frown,
You replace it with a smile,
And when this thrilling hunt is o'er,
Life again will seem worth while.

I see a new gleam in your eye,
As down to "Pal" you bend,
And the merry little beagle
Has made another lifelong friend.

You ask me how I know all this?
And why I give this advice so free?
The same thing happened to someone else
And that someone else was ME.

Henry J.Colombo

Many doggie cheers,

Cheng See
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GIVE A DOG A HOME TODAY
Love all dogs pure or non pure breed - give them hope!
CALL PAWS 03-78461087 to take a dog home.
SPCA - 03-42535179 to give a dog a chance in life.
====================================
My fur kids....
Coco-Mongrel adopted from PAWs
Kiddo-Mongrel a stray that adopted us
Belle-Beagle -the naughty one :)

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Nov 29, 2002, 7:10 PM

Post #14 of 208 (14517 views)
Shortcut

Hi there,

I've a beagle as well. She's almost 5 months old now. Considering her age, she's extremely small size. Vet says her health is perfect and weight gain has been consistent. So, I guess I got myself a "miniature" beagle, although I don't think there's such a category. At the rate she's growing, I don't think she'll exceed 13" inches when fully grown.

By the way, I've been taking her for puppy kindergarten classes at Pdg Merbok. She's really having fun there, and so am I. Good exercise too! So, hope to meet some of you there.

cowcow
Dog Kichi

Nov 29, 2002, 9:21 PM

Post #15 of 208 (14513 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snoopydog] Beagle's owners section [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi snoopydog!
so when i in padang merbuk i just look for the smallest beagle and that's ur beagle loh?

too bad still cannot meet up with my coco, just taken her last injection yesterday. 1 more week and she will be looking for leng chai beagle! hehe!Sly

(This post was edited by cowcow on Nov 29, 2002, 9:23 PM)

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2002, 2:05 AM

Post #16 of 208 (14503 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
so when i in padang merbuk i just look for the smallest beagle and that's ur beagle loh?

Yes, you can say so because I have yet to see another beagle as small as mine. As for Pdg Merbok, I noticed that there's one group training only with beagles. I wonder why? Is it a private group? Anyone knows?

cowcow
Dog Kichi

Nov 30, 2002, 9:19 AM

Post #17 of 208 (14500 views)
Shortcut

maybe beagle just too hard to train as they are no manner and too naughty? till today she still keep on bites me, when i scold her when she's being naughty, she jump up and chase after me. aihh!

TohCS
Enthusiast

Dec 2, 2002, 10:39 PM

Post #18 of 208 (14490 views)
Shortcut

Hi Snoopdog

Bodhi could be a dwaf beagle. They are not rare neither are they comman. However I have come accross a someone that also owns dwaf beagle.

In the early years Elizabeth 1 owns pocket beagles that stands about 9 inches in height. But they are now extinct.

I would definetly love to look at Bodhi.

Many doggie cheers,

Cheng See
GIVE A DOG A HOME TODAY
My fur kids....

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Dec 4, 2002, 2:27 AM

Post #19 of 208 (14479 views)
Shortcut

Mine still nips at me now and then, especially when she's excited. But she understands when I'm angry at her for nipping. Either that, give her something to chew. At this age, you won't be able to eliminate the problem completely because they are teething after all. But just try to minimise it and take away your hand if she does nip. I found out that the more you try to stop them, the more they try to nip.

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Dec 4, 2002, 2:30 AM

Post #20 of 208 (14477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TohCS] Beagle's owners section [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah sure. Would love to meet up with some fellow beaglers. If time permits, do drop by at Pdg Merbok. I'm with the 5pm group.

TohCS
Enthusiast

Dec 4, 2002, 2:42 AM

Post #21 of 208 (14476 views)
Shortcut

Beagles are more difficult to train but not impossible. I have seen some well trainned beagles.
But then again it is true that beagles are one of the most challenging breed to train as most of them are very strong minded. Some beagles however are not so stubborn.

However I must admit my Belle is also very strong headed and as my vet says "She is a ball of fire" and will only listen when she choose to and when she does not want to listen she will give me the look that says "Huh! did you teach me that command before?"

Nipping is common among puppies regardless of breed.
Try this when she nips at you, give out a YELP! like "OUTCH".
When puppies play together and when they nip each other the one that gets nip will give a yelp and the one that does the nipping will know that it means STOP ITS PAINFULL!

As for the chasing at you it could be a sign of dominance as she choose to play with you even when you are commanding her. Try this. When feeding your puppy get it to sit/down before you feed it food and get it to stay. If it moves towards the food take it away. Ask it again to sit or down and wait till you tell it to EAT.
In this way your puppy will know you are in control. So the next time it chases you and you want it to stop , command "STOP! DOWN! " Your puppy will eventully learn that you are in control and that it is not for her to choose the play time.

Good luck.

Many doggie cheers,

Cheng See
GIVE A DOG A HOME TODAY
My fur kids....

cowcow
Dog Kichi

Dec 4, 2002, 3:06 AM

Post #22 of 208 (14474 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TohCS] Beagle's owners section [In reply to] Can't Post

i just started to train coco sit and shake hand before eat yesterday. she keep on jump and jump, till tired already, only want to sit down, then when i say hand only give me hand and can eat. but other than eating time, she won listen at all.Crazy I wondered is she really sit down because of my command or got tired only then sit down?

The biting, always canot stop, how to say ah, she bites me, i take away my hand, shouted No, but she starts to get mad, and start barking. She's just like what she wants she must get it, if not keep on bark n bark n jump n jump. sometimes get too aggresive until like wanna attack people. well, this time i really "rotan" her and tell her i am boss, duno should i do that or not. i use "rotan" because it is the only thing that make her pain, her skin like "cow skin". if i use hand beat her butt, she will start aggresive again. Pirate aiyoyo!

I just wondered how you teach ur belle stand? I went over the padang merbuk where i see normally they teach the pup "heel n sit", "heel n stand", "heel n down", and "Stay". any idea on this type of training?

hopes... coco will behave well loh...... if not, i really don't know can send her to training or not.. later she bites the trainer and i canot control, how??Frown

cowcow
Dog Kichi

Dec 4, 2002, 3:10 AM

Post #23 of 208 (14478 views)
Shortcut

last week I went padang merbuk, and saw a group of beagles, with one basset hound. are you in that group?

i also saw another very very beautiful beagle with a little girl trainger. that beagle color is very beautiful, very sharp/clear color and not mixing up. that beagle is in another group. wondering anyone know her?

(This post was edited by cowcow on Dec 4, 2002, 3:12 AM)

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Dec 4, 2002, 6:21 AM

Post #24 of 208 (14470 views)
Shortcut

No i'm not in that group. There are only 2 beagles in my group. During training, they actually teach you how to stand your dogs. But beagles being beagles, mine just doesn't stand still. At home she listens but once outside especially when there are distractions, she starts to get very stubborn. I learnt to be very patient with my beagle. Because of her stubborness, sometimes I have to catch her in the right mood before I can teach her anything. But they are so intelligent that they'll learn things within a few minutes, if they want to !! But as Cheng See pointed out, there are beagles that are extremely well trained and to achieve that, I'm sure you have to be prepared to dedicate a lot of time to it. So, good luck.

kbs
Enthusiast

Dec 4, 2002, 7:32 AM

Post #25 of 208 (14466 views)
Shortcut

Hi cowcow,

I had exact same problem with snuffy last time when she was about coco's age. But, they will get better, with constant adjustment from us. When I started scolding her sometimes, she will start running, stop and bark at me.. run, stop and bark.
I am at the 5pm class with snuffy.
My reason of sending snuffy for training is actually first, to learn some basic obedience training for our doggy and most importantly, to socialize snuffy with other dogs.

Regards,
KBS

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my