Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
help!!

OcEAn
New User

Jan 13, 2004, 7:28 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1308 views)
Shortcut
help!! Can't Post

hiz everibody.. i have a 4mth old cross breed dog.. he's veri furry n active.. recently, i found some pimples like spots on his skin n dere's alot esp ard the neck area.. there r two kinds of these kinda spots on his body..1 is black n feels veri dry n another 1 is yellow in colour n feels veri soft.. anibody come across this kind of problem b4 coz i'm beginin 2 worry.. thanks!!

earth.goddess
Novice

Jan 17, 2004, 5:47 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1293 views)
Shortcut
Re: [OcEAn] help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Errm.. not so sure abt the black spot.. (ticks issit?)

But the yellowish one mite have pus.. my dog used to have it on his ears.. what i did was squeeze the puss out (of coz wait till the time is rite) and then clean the area with t3 oil.. heal completely now.. but dunno if your dog is xperiencin the same thing...

Crazy
~Earth Goddess~
If yr dog thinks you are the best, dun bother seeking second opinion :)

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 17, 2004, 7:53 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

If its just a couple of spots ... clean the area with a mild salt solution (say one tablespoon of salt (sea or natural salt is good) in a mug of warm water) ... and keep the area clean. Observe and see if the spots clear up ...

T-tree oil is also good ... might be a good idea to dilute the t-tree oil before use though ... a puppy's skin is sensitive.

T-tree oil, aloevera, salt ... are all mild antiseptics with antifungal properties ...

But if you find a lot of pustules (pimple-like spots with pus) ... then its best to take your dog to a good vet and get some tests done to make sure it is nothing serious ...

In the meantime, you can do a search on ..."pustules" ... "skin condition" ... and "mange" ... Try this thread: ... http://www.puppy.com.my/...psed;page=last;#last

Cheers Smile

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Jan 17, 2004, 7:55 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my