Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Events Calendar: Event Calendar:
Puppycom Malaysia K9 Day, Jan 11, 2004

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 Next page Last page  View All

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jan 13, 2004, 1:18 AM

Post #226 of 467 (21274 views)
Shortcut
Re: [All] WE DID IT !! PUPPYCOM BOLEH !!! HOORAY !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear All,

a big THANK YOU for a your tremendous support in the K9 Day event ! without any of you guys support we wouldn't have such a great turnout yesterday !

To : Mr & Mrs Khoo, Boon & Ying,
Thank you for your patience with me when I was bz with things and for giving me the opportunity to be a part of the puppy.com family. WE DID IT ! PUPPYCOM BOLEH !! HOORAY !!!

Arthur & Sharon, Serene & Tommy, Paulynn.....
Guys, we really-really made a very good team ! Thank you's for helping me out when needed. I really appreciate it ! I'm really glad to have you guys by my side when my reserve battery nearly ran down on me. LOL !

Cdmoo, Gina & James, Ainey, Sally and the autopups..... *a pat to the back* and you guys did greeeeaaaat !!! Lots of leng lui's on show too.... ***wooo hooo***

to those that I have missed out your names.... well done ! and sorry to have missed your names here.

Fion, Chloe, Steph (babewowo) - Glad to have finally meet up with you guys .... let's keep in touch !

and lastly to my bf Terry - THANK YOU for your support, love & understanding babe... without you, I won't even be able to make it to the event. You are a GEM !!!
SmileSmile

cheers,
minglmy

(This post was edited by minglmy on Jan 13, 2004, 1:19 AM)

ginl
ALPHA

Jan 13, 2004, 2:31 AM

Post #227 of 467 (21259 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surind] Puppycom RANGERS on K9 DAY [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Surind,

Nice to hv met you too Smile I'm the one with the 2 Jack Russells...my bf James ran the puppython with you. Cool

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 13, 2004, 2:37 AM

Post #228 of 467 (21256 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Puppycom RANGERS on K9 DAY [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there...

Sorry that I didn't get your name. I'm the owner of Snoopy.. CrazyCrazyCrazy

Lovely JRTs you got there... Say hi to Bailey & Biscuit for me. Hehe... Lovely to have met you. Now, I can estimate how big Snoopy will get once she turns 1 in August.. Tongue

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

yenlai

Jan 13, 2004, 3:45 AM

Post #229 of 467 (21246 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Puppycom RANGERS on K9 DAY [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you so much to ALL OF YOU. I really appreciate this kind of activities!!

HLYap
Dog Kichi

Jan 13, 2004, 3:59 AM

Post #230 of 467 (21242 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] WE DID IT !! PUPPYCOM BOLEH !!! HOORAY !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup, yup!! Heartiest CONGRATS to the puppy.com committee for yet another rip-roaringly successful event!! Smile I had oodles of fun, as did Sascha. N of course the event was doubly special for us as Sascha got into the finals of the Mr/Ms Puppycom beauty pageant! *proud maternal beam!* It was such a nice surprise since we didn't expect it coz, well, she is a tad overweight n can't do many tricks - beauty WITHOUT a purpose, that's Sascha! LOL!! Laugh Thanks loads to the judges (Boon, you were one of them, right?)! We'll try to do better next time. Wink And all those doggy outfits were absolutely amazing!! A pity I didn't get shots of them in my digicam to show my friends!

As for the prior discussion on Dobes, I LURVE Dobes! Used to have 6 Dobes a long time ago (father, mother, oops! accident, then 6 pups - 1 went to our neighbour n another passed away not too long thereafter). Such wonderful dogs they are! Intimidating to strangers who approach one's house, but intelligent and absolutely loving and as gentle as lambs with the family. That's why I have Sascha - reminds me of a mini version of a red Dobe! There was a red Dobe near where we were sitting n I told her that that's what she'll look like when she grows up! Hee hee!! Sly

Anyhow, my apologies for not sticking around to help u guys clean up. We left just after the Dogathon started, n went to my parents' in Klang to meet their newly adopted 2 month old G. Shepherd, Roslein, n to attend a family din. Needless to say, we were both exhausted by the time we returned home to KL n crashed out early. But it was a day really well spent and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!!

Oh ya, thanks to Terry too! I understand that he drove all the way to and from Cameron Highlands to pick Ming Yang up for the event from a co trip, and thus had no sleep at all the entire night, poor chap! Ming Yang's presence definitely aided events to flow smoothly, methinks, so we all have good cause to thank Terry! N Ming Yang too, of coz! Hope Summer (wot a stud!) wasn't languishing at home for too long. Smile Well done too, Arthur, for so manfully manning the mike n for providing a running commentary throughout the entire event! Not an easy task indeed. Hope your throat wasn't too sore at the end of the day!! Tongue N all those doggy Rangers? Well done! There were markedly less pooch pressies around this time. Hope your task wasn't too unpleasant!

Till the next event,

Regards,
YHL

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jan 13, 2004, 6:27 AM

Post #231 of 467 (21231 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] WE DID IT !! PUPPYCOM BOLEH !!! HOORAY !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes it is team work that make it happen again. With a team of dedicated volunteers that are willing to work for the love of dogs, we managed to have another successful doggie event and are definitely pleased to have 2nd week of every year declared as Malaysia K9 Day. We hope all dog lovers will celebrate the K9 Day (Dog Day) every year like we have celebrated mothers' day, labour day,....... The presence of YB Datuk Ong Tee keat, the Deputy Minister of Youth & Sports Malaysia to officiate the K9 day definitely make this inaugural event a memorable one.

Obviously, we shall not forget our major sponsor Purina Petcare for willing to sponsor us a large sum for organizing the K9 Day. Their further contribution in term of dog food and hampers definitely make the day more interesting for our visitors.

This event we expereince a growth in visitors' number and we see a lot of new faces to this event. Many of them are to be dog owners. We continue to see a lot of old faces and their presence and continual support will definitely encourage us to hold more events of such nature in the future.

With the help of the Puppycom rangers and continual annoucement, we saw a drop in the number of poo left on the grass. One of Ranger alone collected 20 poo with her own hand and this is an indication that there are still a great number of dog owners that have not aquired the habit of cleaning up after their dog. We shall look into ways of improving this in future event.

Active participation in our first Malaysia Beauty Pageant also make the beauty contest a very successful one. The preparation effort by some of the contestants really raised the level of competition. Mr. Puppycom and Ms. Puppycom has since born on Jan 11, 2004. We shall be having the next beauty pageant in a year from now.

The Police K9 Unit did another fantastic demonstrations will keep all the crowd entertained. We are extremely glad that they came to support us again.

Anyway, it is "Dogs that bring us all together on the K9 Day"

Cheers

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

paulynn
ALPHA

Jan 13, 2004, 6:49 AM

Post #232 of 467 (21223 views)
Shortcut

hi Mingyang,

No worries.Afterall , i volunteered didn't i?You did not order me to do anything so don't thank me for something that i did not do Tongue HeHe.
Just as u said during that event, lets just hope that there'll be more volunteers helping us out for the next puppy event eh?
Terry-You're such a nice nice nice nice nice ncie niceniceeeee BF.Mingyang sure hit the jackpot!! MY, did u pamper him with those secret recipes that i gave u ?(hint:nice homecooked food,massages .. etc :P )
Btw thanks to everyone out there for giving me the chance to be really involved in puppy's event.Now i don't feel like i'm left out!!

surind
Dog Kichi

Jan 13, 2004, 6:49 AM

Post #233 of 467 (21223 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phoenix] Puppycom RANGERS on K9 DAY [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHi Lilian,

Yup, of course I remember you. Nice to meet you too that day and chat. Just had confused your name with the other new people I saw at the event. There was also this couple, with their friend who was from Klang. They had 3 Shitzus and put their dog in the comps as well. Nice people. Sorrylah, Im bad with name, but never forget a faceWink

Nice avatar, where was that cute fellow during the event?

Anjali is actually a very old fashioned hindu name. It means loyalty, which is why I gave it to my dob. She is very loyal and follows me around everywhere. My first dog to do such a thing. But of course if someone is eating something, she will be sitting next to them silently watching. Quite intimidating if you are not used to big dogs.

Since I got her from a very small puppy. I never realised her growth and now find other big dogs of friends and relatives smaller and I am less intimidated and hardly intimidated by big dogs now. Much less for sure. I can just walk in without fear.

So, for all of you who have only had small dogs, my advice to you is to get a large breed dog and see the difference.

See you in KK next month, time willingSmile

paulynn
ALPHA

Jan 13, 2004, 6:55 AM

Post #234 of 467 (21216 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kcsy] Puppycom RANGERS on K9 DAY [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kris!

Oh don't worry about it.I'm sure there'd be another members' gathering coming up pretty soon next month!I'm not sure whether u've seen me but i was the one who was busy bending up and down (picking up land mines) and my dog's was with his dog-sitter (phoenix:thanks!) @ SPCA booth as i thought he was a good mascot for spca on that day to show people that spca dogs are not just mongrels/street dogs but they're also our companion and they DO listen to our commands :P
Well the Emcee is none other than our mr Arthur!!! Kudos to him.Without him most of the puppy events will definitely be a bore! See Arthur i'm saying so much good things about you.So now u know what to gimme on my upcoming 19th birthday (hint hint...both of our secret obesession!!HAHA)
Mr Khoo is the creator of this fantastic club and organizer for most of the puppy's event!As long as u saw a middle-aged man walking up and down the stage and to the vip stall and to the registration booth,that's him!!
where were we all? EVERYWHERE!

surind
Dog Kichi

Jan 13, 2004, 6:59 AM

Post #235 of 467 (21214 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Puppycom RANGERS on K9 DAY [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHello, Hi,

Yes, I remember you, but didnt get your name sorry. James, yes, now I remember. What was his J-Russel's name again? The one that won the puppython with Anjali? When James went up to except the prize, the other Russel with wiry hair was trying to jump up to the stage and I gave him a lift. He straight went to sniff the prizes.

It was so cute to see the Anjali & Raysyn sitting on the stage with you dog. Remember at the end of the event?

We'll, if puppies come along, please send me a note. Im very interested in Pugs & Russels now to be my next pet. Dont think I will have the time in future to manage another big dog.

(This post was edited by surind on Jan 13, 2004, 7:10 AM)

paulynn
ALPHA

Jan 13, 2004, 6:59 AM

Post #236 of 467 (21214 views)
Shortcut
Re: [djoecool,aragorn2976] Puppycom RANGERS on K9 DAY [In reply to] Can't Post

Hiya! Didn't get your name?!
Yes it was really ncie meeting u too!! Sorry that i did not spare some time to chat with you and immediately just gave you the plastic bags and tag to start your voluntary work as i offered to help mingyang with the registration for beautypagent and there were tons of people and we were short of pens!I've forgotten how u look like but i do hope that we'll meet up again!

aragorn (can't rmeember ur name too sorry!)Didn't expect to meet pongo's sister and her owner! can't believe our little 'uns are turning 5 months in january 31st!

(This post was edited by paulynn on Jan 13, 2004, 7:17 AM)

paulynn
ALPHA

Jan 13, 2004, 7:05 AM

Post #237 of 467 (21212 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phoenix] Puppycom RANGERS on K9 DAY [In reply to] Can't Post

hi lilian!

Hey don't worry about it!I felt bad too to leave u alone whilst nash and i were up onstage busy yakking all the way and he sleeping like a log.Pity u, as for me i was prepared and slacked on layers of sun block before heading for the event and slacking it on DURING the event lol.Im' sure u know by looking at how shiny my face looked!

Yes i was really seriously proud of Nash yesterday as he was really on his best behaviour.Not bragging or anything but because of the fact that he snaps at other dogs during previous events, his performance was rather satisfying yesterday! It's either because i did not bring him around and mix with some new "furry friends" or that he's on a good mood OR, he's just sitting at SPCA :)

Oh gosh, just for that blueberry tart and u have to thank me?! Please no way!! It's jsut a tiny tiny matter....I didn't even thank you enough for bringing nash out for a walk and dog-sat him whilst i was busy picking up land mines!!

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jan 13, 2004, 7:11 AM

Post #238 of 467 (21206 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surind] Dob Report from the event [In reply to] Can't Post

HelloSmile

You're welcome. She looks adorable holding the can..ever thought of endorsements?Tongue

Well, I did bring them...but they went home early. Definitely will be bringing them the next time. Yea..hv to agree.. They allow dogs in the reserve? Legally?

Action? Crazy Nah...think they just not as out going as you are. They're something like me..keep quiet..a little shy...Blush

No...he isn't.

LOL! The pugs are cute esp lil' Sookie. Just love her face!

Standing postion. From the ground to her shoulder bone. She seems tall for a female though. I think around..25 inches? think she's taller than that.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jan 13, 2004, 7:13 AM

Post #239 of 467 (21206 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vicfion] Puppycom Malaysia K9 Day, Jan 11, 2004 [In reply to] Can't Post

Sure. Smile

I'll keep in mind. Hopefully soon as I'm really busy lately...darn school. Full of H/W and assignments.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jan 13, 2004, 7:22 AM

Post #240 of 467 (21204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phoenix] K9 DAY [In reply to] Can't Post

HelloSmile

Yeaps.Remember you. My memory's bad..but not that bad..lol Laugh A pleasure meeting you as well. lol..if it wasn't for pau-lynn,I'd know you as only pheonix. A pleasure meeting as well. Sorry I was really quite..think that's kind of me...quiet.

Great meeting you and hope to "bump" into each other at the future gatherings.Cool
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

paulynn
ALPHA

Jan 13, 2004, 7:37 AM

Post #241 of 467 (21199 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] WE DID IT !! PUPPYCOM BOLEH !!! HOORAY !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Mr Khoo (will start calling you Kai Yeh already since u treat me soooo good!)

Thanks for the fabulous event that was organized by you and fellow commitee members of puppy!!And also thanks much for "personally" giving me the nice looking t-shirt!

Will look forward into helping out any future events!!Just holler if u need any help from me!Be it being a ranger once again or others i'll be glad to help!!Kudos to all commitee members and volunteers of the event!

paulynn
ALPHA

Jan 13, 2004, 7:43 AM

Post #242 of 467 (21197 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl,arthur,pinky55poo] Puppycom RANGERS on K9 DAY [In reply to] Can't Post

ginl- finally i get to know yours and james's name!Always wonder to myself what's that lucky JRT owner's name?? Also , it was my pleasure to have met your wonderful furkids too.Not too sure bout what arthur was trying to tell me on you mistreating doggies but hehe, my eyes are as sharp as an eagle's..so beware!! :P
arthur-Haha finally i know your secret obessesion.Just make sure that u don't "tak zui" me or else i'll tell everyone ur secret.And will try to officialize scb by having mr khoo to drink the champagne from the glass shoe that u suggested haeaheah...
pinky55poo-hi didn't get your name yesterday but i was the one who helped out for the beauty pagent.Thanks for guiding me and all though things was a little messy at the begining!!!Nice meeting you!

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jan 13, 2004, 8:09 AM

Post #243 of 467 (21190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Puppycom Malaysia K9 DAY [In reply to] Can't Post

URL for posting of photographs

http://photogallery.pets2u.com.my/...cat=573&password=

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

arthur
ALPHA

Jan 13, 2004, 8:14 AM

Post #244 of 467 (21188 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulynn] Puppycom RANGERS on K9 DAY [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Paulynn and all!

Whew! What a day it was! The sun was out, the turnout was fantastic, grounds was a little muddy at places, good food and drinks, a VIP to grace the occasion, the impressive obediance demos (especailly by Mr.KhooBH and his goldie, Mega!), the fabulous Police K9 unit, the games, Malaysia's 1st K9 beauty pagent..(Beauty and brains!) and of course..dogs, dogs and more dogs of every shape and size!Smile

Thanks to the sound system, my part as the emcee was made sooooo much easier! If I have offended anyone that day, my apologies. It was never done intentionally. Shocked

You know what is the best thing.. the entire event was run entirely by volunteers! It's great to see so many young adults spending their time and energy to make this event a success. Speaks a lot for the youth of today.. Syabas young Malaysians!Wink

To the winners of the K9 beauty contest, CONGRATS! Your efforts and imagination really does raise some high standards for the next pagent. The prizes were very impressive to say the least. Hey what about the pictures! Share share lar!

Thanks again to the organising committee who have worked so hard to make this event a big success. Thanks to the rangers who have made a visible difference in keep the park areas clean. Definetly merit points for the big playground in the sky!

Rdgs Arthur

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 13, 2004, 8:27 AM

Post #245 of 467 (21185 views)
Shortcut

hi ming yang,

i was at the registration booth... but pinky55poo and rusty_boy were the ones there doing the job most of the time... Blush Tongue

saw u here and there... u were really busy so i did not even dare to say hi... Crazy will meet u 'formally' in the coming gathering, k? Cool or maybe in PAWS! Wink

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 13, 2004, 8:32 AM

Post #246 of 467 (21181 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Dob Report from the event [In reply to] Can't Post

hey chloe!

ahhh... thanks for the compliments on sookie... will make sure u get tons of licks from her next time u meet her! Laugh Cool not forgetting the hah-hah-hah-ing! Tongue was great seeing u and tyson again last sunday...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

boon
Doggyman

Jan 13, 2004, 8:37 AM

Post #247 of 467 (21180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] WE DID IT !! PUPPYCOM BOLEH !!! HOORAY !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

First of all, am glad to be the part of the K9 Day committee, i on behalf of the organizing committee would like to this opportunity to thanks all of you who help out and thanz for those who supported and attended the K9 Day and without you, the K9 day won't be the success one.

Kam Sia, Tor Cheh, Seah Seah, Terima Kasih, Thank You.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

Kowpa

Jan 13, 2004, 9:15 AM

Post #248 of 467 (21170 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] WE DID IT !! PUPPYCOM BOLEH !!! HOORAY !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hearing your voice you make me salivate. Salivation, in Ivan Pavlov's model, is called a conditioned reflex. Not participating in your events is called KayBow (Chicken) hehehehehe

boon
Doggyman

Jan 13, 2004, 9:22 AM

Post #249 of 467 (21169 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kowpa] WE DID IT !! PUPPYCOM BOLEH !!! HOORAY !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hehehehhe kowpa, there is always the next one....remember yeah....the word 'officially' lol...............TongueWinkCool

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

serene_kwlim
K9 Maniac

Jan 13, 2004, 10:03 AM

Post #250 of 467 (21166 views)
Shortcut

Hey liang lui,

No problem... no need to thank lahh.. we "sam ciu" aldy enought lahh.. by the way, u r such a good organizer.. i salute u! TongueSmileWinkCool

regards,
Serene Lim
My furkids: Jamie & Max.

Jamie's WebSite
GSD Owner? Pls add in!

Jamie's Dogster
Max's Dogster

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my