Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
One Sick Puppy

BatdroxFudge
Novice

Jan 5, 2004, 9:31 AM

Post #1 of 2 (513 views)
Shortcut
One Sick Puppy Can't Post

I have had my puppy for about 5 months. He is a beautiful GSP, but he has been having a lot of health issues :(. When we first got him we found out that he had and aggresive case of worms and was also suffering from phenomia(sp). We got him all treated and he was doing great, all the way up until Christmas. We took him in with the symptoms of a bladder infection. They didnt find anything and said that his urine looked fine. Then he got worse right before the New Year and we took him in again this time they found crystals in his urine and gave him an antibodic but also on the same day they gave him his rabids shot. They told me to watch for vomiting etc because of the vaccination and the antibodic. Never the less the next morning he was throwing up and dry heaving all day! It was New Years day, so nothing was open... so I called an Animal Hospital and they said give hima teaspoon of pepdobismal and take his food away. The next day I called the vet we made an appointment, I took him in and they gave him an anti vomiting shot... told us to keep him on ice chips until his dinner and then give him rice or chicken broth. Which we did and this morning I woke up to him throwing up and dry heaving. All the vets offices are closed because it is a sunday and I'm guessing I should just keep him off food another day until we can call the vet on Monday. :( My poor puppy... I guess I'm just looking for peace of mind posting this but I'm really scared for my pup.

-Queen-of-Self-Inflicted-Drama-

shockmesane
Dog Kichi

Jan 5, 2004, 1:18 PM

Post #2 of 2 (511 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BatdroxFudge] One Sick Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,

Hope your pup will be fine soon enough. I found a gave error done by the vet. If the pup is not feeling well, with some indication something might be wrong, as you mentioned of bladder infection symptoms, no vaccination should be carry out at all cost.

When the body system is weak, vaccinating the pup would only mean trouble. The system needs to correct what is wrong already, and introduction rabies vaccine means extra load for the immune system to react to it.

Keep us posted on how he is doing later, when you've visited the vet again.

cheers dude.
Jack

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my