Mar 17, 2004, 11:52 PM
Post #22 of 136
I can't help it (about my imagination running wild)! I've been wanting to have a bully for months now, but I don't want to rush it. That's because I've been warned while doing my research on BTs.
Re: [jaytan] bull terrier anyone?
[In reply to]
Not that i want to scare anyone really, but here's some pointers for would be BT owners:
Read this before getting a bull terrier :
- BT owners often call themselves "being OWNed by their bullies"
- "a 3 years old child in a dog suit" best describes a bully. (in fact, an owner once said that her newborn child is much easier to raise than her bully)
- bullies need to get plenty of exercise and be kept busy...especially when young. "A tired Bully is a good Bully!"
- bullies only become mature (less active & playful) after 5 years of age
- owners know that once their bullies escaped, they are gone. Yes, GONE & will never come back by themselves. (I guess bullies are too playful & fun seeking that they won't want go back to their BORING home, sigh!)
- if bullies are bored & lonely, they'll let you know by destroying everything he can destroy in your house! (believe me, their teeth & jaws are as powerful as your electric saw)
- "bully run" or "huckle butt" is a bizarre behavior in bullies which they tuck their ears behind and run around in the house at super sonic speed, barely avoiding anything in their way (if you find yourself in his way, DON'T move an inch or you'll be squashed!)
- "creepy crawls" or "G.I. Joe" means bullies lay down on the ground like army men and dragging themselves back & forth using ONLY their front legs.
- when bored or in need of attention, bullies sometimes make strange sounds (maybe just murmuring or grumbling like old man).
- if a bully wants something but doesn't get it, he won't just forget it. Someday somehow, he'll trick you into giving it. Yes, they are that intelligent.
- bullies are quick learners. If you make them do the same thing repeatedly, they'll simply walk away.
- bullies farts are smelly and it comes without warning.
- bullies like to eat anything they think is interesting. (your shoes, sofas, table & chair, vacuum cleaner, christmas tree... basically anything they can put into their big mouthes). Seriously, some bullies died because of blockage in their stamach.
If you finished reading the above and still managed to appreciate bullies, then congratulation, you have the qualities required to be OWNed by a bull terrier.
As for me, i'll keep on doing my research and prepareing myself while i wait for the right moment to find my bully boss.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -Josh Billings