Hiya

yenyen
Novice

Nov 12, 2002, 2:27 AM

Post #1 of 25 (2299 views)
Shortcut
Hiya Can't Post

Hi,

My name is Yen. I live in an apartment and so I can't keep any pets there. But just as well because I usually spend more than 12 hours at work.

I work in a family manufacturing business located in a factory in Klang and we have a few dogs, including a male labrador, a male german shepherd as well as a female doberman (mixed). I also have a female mongrel (will post photos soon). Most of the dogs were given to us by owners known to us, and for one reason or another were unable to keep them.

I walk or bike with these dogs almost every night after work and otherwise during lunch break as we have a large compound (10 acres) with proper landscaping.

We put alot of effort in maintaining our factory (can provide a photo if you like). We treat our dogs real well. We feed them with proper dog food: "Natural Premium - Balance" from Australia and we house them in proper individual dog pens sheltering them from the sun and rain. The pens were a joint effort by my carpenter and mechanic. We also wash and brush the dogs once a week.

I try to train my dogs but often I can't get further than "sit" and "come back". I use the second one alot because there is WAY too much room for them to run around. I don't leash them when going for walks because it is in a private compound.

It is great to be able to have a few dogs together. It is like a dog family. They enjoy running together alot. I do however have more room and we have built a few more pens at the same time.

Let me know if you know of someone who has a medium or large dog that needs a home. My only condition is that the dog must have a good temperament in order that he or she can get along with the other dogs. No bullying allowed!

Aivee
Novice

Nov 12, 2002, 6:49 AM

Post #2 of 25 (2289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yenyen] Hiya [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Yenyen

Wah. So many dogs. I don't own any but cats. You are really making a lot of people in the forum envious. Many wish they can keep more than 2 but of course the licensing issue.

Welcome.

Aivee & Mille

boon
Doggyman

Nov 12, 2002, 11:22 AM

Post #3 of 25 (2288 views)
Shortcut

Hi yen,

Welcome to the forum, greeting from Penang, currently i own a female lab and GSD. My labbie name is Bonney and GSD name is Anne.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

yenyen
Novice

Nov 12, 2002, 4:25 PM

Post #4 of 25 (2285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Aivee] Hiya [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Aivee & Mille,

Thanks for your email.

As I have only been back in Malaysia the last 18 months, I am not aware of any licensing issue.

Could you tell me more about it?

ThanksWink

Yen

yenyen
Novice

Nov 12, 2002, 4:33 PM

Post #5 of 25 (2284 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Hiya [In reply to] Can't Post

Hiya!

Thanks for your email.

My labrador is called "Bo". He seems to understanding everything I tell him and he knows when to smile.

The Doberman is called "Kofi" and she can really jump! If I have any snacks, she will bend low ready to spring up, waiting for me to toss any goodies in the air! She loves a good rub.

And the German is called "Blair". He is so good in that he never leaves my side when we go for walks. He is the best sidekick anyone can have!

nofearnike
Novice

Nov 12, 2002, 4:38 PM

Post #6 of 25 (2284 views)
Shortcut

Hi YenYen,

I'm Ken here with user name NOFEARNIKE!
Great to hear that you love dog. In fact, I have a female mongrel puppy (4 months, small size) called Guiness (she looked like Boxer while first born). Due to some family problem, I couldn't keep her right now and I'm seeking for a good home for her at the moment. I love her very much and taking good care on her. She was fully vacinnated and every month go for Vet check up.

Until now I can't even find a home for her and I feel very sorry to her. Because of this, I even took a few days leave to find a her a good master. I know it is very difficult as she is not a pedigree. But she really cute and smart. She know the command sit, shakehand, down and quiet.

So do you think she can stay with your dog? Please let me know as I really don't wish to send her tp the shelter..Wish to hear from you..or you mail contact me at 0123937171.

wkser
ALPHA

Nov 12, 2002, 5:32 PM

Post #7 of 25 (2281 views)
Shortcut

hi yenyen,
welcome to the forum......i own a yellow labbie.....SmileWink

regards
kangser and nous

fxueyu
Dog Kichi

Nov 12, 2002, 8:16 PM

Post #8 of 25 (2278 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nofearnike] Hiya [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

I currently own a pug, he will turn to one year old soon. we love him very much. so u have a mongrel, (what breed, mix?) may I know the detail, why u cannot keep her?

(This post was edited by fxueyu on Nov 12, 2002, 8:18 PM)

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 12, 2002, 9:39 PM

Post #9 of 25 (2272 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fxueyu] Hiya [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the forum Smile. I own a mongrel pup as well, and a Doberman (Used to own a GSD). It sounds like you treat your dogs very well, and I'm glad you can give homes to dogs who need it. If you check out the Dog Rescue and Adoption section of this forum, you'll find many dogs who need homes.

-= Tisha =-

yenyen
Novice

Nov 13, 2002, 1:16 AM

Post #10 of 25 (2264 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkser] Hiya [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kangser & Nous,

When I was small we had black coloured labbies.

They were great friends to have to play with.

My grandmother used to talk to them like they were her own kids.

The lab I have now in the factory is a yellow one as well!

yenyen
Novice

Nov 13, 2002, 1:39 AM

Post #11 of 25 (2262 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nofearnike] Hiya [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry to hear about your pup's situation.

But I am really interested in bigger dogs (or pups that will grow up to be bigger).

This is because we have a lot of space and if this pup is not going to grow up big, she won't be able to keep up with the other dogs.

Do you have a photo, anyway?

yenyen
Novice

Nov 13, 2002, 1:45 AM

Post #12 of 25 (2261 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] Hiya [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the tip. I will keep an eye out on the section!

I will also visit Paws or SPCA in Ampang to check out what dogs are available.

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 13, 2002, 8:10 AM

Post #13 of 25 (2258 views)
Shortcut

A few of us are interested in going to SPCA to help out. Maybe we could all go together. Smile

-= Tisha =-

May
Old Hand

Nov 13, 2002, 5:56 PM

Post #14 of 25 (2249 views)
Shortcut

Hi yenyen!!!

Welcome to the forum.

I own a shih tzu mix. It's great to have a private compound for the dogs to run around as it's not easy to take your dog for a walk if you live in a neighbourhood.....especially those with "special ppl" around.

Enjoy yourself here.

Aivee
Novice

Nov 14, 2002, 6:29 AM

Post #15 of 25 (2240 views)
Shortcut

Dear People

Help! I know nuts about the dog licensing issue. Cats do not have such requirements. SlySly Could someone help out Yen yen with this? I remembered some very good write up somewhere in this forum. Someone was also saying that he knows how to go round keeping 2 dogs instead of one.

Regards

Aivee

yenyen
Novice

Nov 14, 2002, 6:25 PM

Post #16 of 25 (2233 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the offer.

But sorry, I work 6 full days a week and 12 hours per day.

So I have veeeery little time to myself.

yenyen
Novice

Nov 14, 2002, 6:32 PM

Post #17 of 25 (2232 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Hiya [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I think I know what you mean by "special people".

I live in an apartment where there are more "datuks" than you can point a stick at.

They think they are special...

Anyway, the dogs keep us in perspective.

valery

Nov 14, 2002, 7:20 PM

Post #18 of 25 (2227 views)
Shortcut

Hi Yen,

Welcome to the forum. I am so envious of you. Have lotsa fun.

Valery

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 14, 2002, 11:26 PM

Post #19 of 25 (2217 views)
Shortcut

A slave to the job Wink... Anyway, drop by the shelter when you can. C-ya around Smile

-= Tisha =-

nofearnike
Novice

Nov 15, 2002, 11:22 PM

Post #20 of 25 (2200 views)
Shortcut

Hi yenyen,

My puppy now is in PAWS..feel very sad and couldn't concentrate in doing things as everyday worry about her if she never fed properly and etc..

Her size is smal as she has line from spitz..anyway, I really wish if anyone could adopt her from PAWS as she really need a good home and she is smart as I said b4 she know few command and easy to train for toileting.

Please pass the message to anybody who can offer help..She is brown in color wear with black colar and called Guinness..in PAWS.

Anyway, good to know everybody in this web site as I found the dog lovers here.

yenyen
Novice

Nov 16, 2002, 2:33 AM

Post #21 of 25 (2193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [valery] Hiya [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Valery,

Will do.

yenyen
Novice

Nov 16, 2002, 2:35 AM

Post #22 of 25 (2191 views)
Shortcut

Yes, I know, I know...

Have to visit a friend in hospital nearby so will be dropping by the SPCA on Sunday to have a gawk.

Will let you know if I accidentally adopt a dog!

cyphang
Canine Addict

Nov 16, 2002, 5:37 AM

Post #23 of 25 (2188 views)
Shortcut

I'm going to SPCA this Sunday morning, most likely from 10 am - 12 pm (or later). Hope I can meet you there!

Regards,

CY Phang
With warm regards,
CY Phang

Mummy of Sunnie, the happy, cheeky and naughty female shih tzu pup

yenyen
Novice

Nov 21, 2002, 1:03 AM

Post #24 of 25 (2172 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cyphang] Hiya [In reply to] Can't Post

I was at the SPCA on Sunday last around 11am!

I had a good look around (it was my first visit).

I was of the impression that the hardest dogs to be adopted would be mature adult mixed breeds.

But that suited me because I figure they are no different to a puppy. All it takes is some time for the dog to get to know and vice versa.

I did find a mixed adult dog that really responded well to me. But when I approached the office for adoption, I was told that SPCA does not allow any dogs to released to factory compounds. I place my dogs in the factory (read my intro).

I treat them very well. They have their own separate sheltered pens that are cleaned on a daily basis. They also get good food to boot.

SPCA explained to me that SPCA release dogs on the basis that the dogs would be "pets" and not "working dog". And the SPCA committee is of the view that factory dogs are work dogs and are probably not treated that well.

My dogs don't "work" in the factory. They keep me company.

I respect the views of SPCA. But who else will take the mature or adult dogs?

Anyway, I am going to head to PAWS as I think they have no issue with factory compounds.

It was a bit of a let down, after finding that dog that I liked.

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 23, 2002, 11:58 PM

Post #25 of 25 (2151 views)
Shortcut

What a pity! I hope you find the perfect dog at PAWS!

-= Tisha =-

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my