IN

Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: PAWS:
Community Service @ PAWS

CasperSkywalker

Dec 28, 2003, 11:42 PM

Post #1 of 6 (7437 views)
Shortcut
Community Service @ PAWS Can't Post

We (a group of 13 ppl from University Tenaga Nasional) will be doing a community service at PAWS this coming Saturday or Sunday (day to be confirmed).

Upon arrival, we will
  1. Clean up the places
  2. Bathe the dogs/cats
  3. Feed the dogs/cats
  4. Walk the dogs
  5. Paint the area (make it looks nicer)

We have the permission from Dr.Maha (the Vet in-charged) to carry on with our activities.

We are currently collecting stuff that are needed by PAWS. We do hope that Puppy.com members can help us by contribute the things that you think PAWS might be needed.

Do let us know and we will be glad to collect it from you if its not too far away. Laugh

Your kind co-operation is much appreciated ! Wink

Regards,

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Jan 8, 2004, 7:32 PM

Post #2 of 6 (7369 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CasperSkywalker] Community Service @ PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,

did u guys managed to go on that day??well hopefully paws is cleaned n nice due to all of your help...ehhee...anyway i'll be going to paws sometime before cny...maybe next week or so..would u be interested to join n help out?,..nothing much..just collect those donations items from friends n memmebrs and then deliver it or maybe can help out a bit while we're there...do let me know ya
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

CasperSkywalker

Jan 8, 2004, 11:35 PM

Post #3 of 6 (7363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] Community Service @ PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

hi...we manage to get there..and all of us have a great time there...1st of all we walked the dogs around..then some of our members went to clean the cat cage and wash off all the poo poo...haiyo very very smelly....one of our member even vomited..:))

then we also bath the puppies ..i think we managed to bath more than 12 dogs and puppies...all of them are so happies ..get to bath and got rewards after bathing also:))

besides that we also donate newspaper, towels, shampoos and dog foods.:))

oh ya..there is a very very big saint bernard there..he is very very cute and understand comman very well...but he is very very thin..i think not enough food for him.:)

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Jan 8, 2004, 11:53 PM

Post #4 of 6 (7360 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Wanted to join you guys for the community service last weekend but I had something up. Hope you guys can arrange more of this in the future and I'll be there to help out if I'm free. Just let me know!

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2004, 2:41 AM

Post #5 of 6 (7175 views)
Shortcut

Hi there CasperSkywalker

I am wondering if you are keen to followup your visit with another day at PAWS. I am trying to get a small group of people to come in and do a few specific things for PAWS.

Volunteers@work

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Nov 4, 2007, 2:37 AM

Post #6 of 6 (6790 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cynhor] Community Service @ PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

People do come in to do community service at PAWS. Actually it is becoming a weekly thing that PAWS gets school students, college students, corporate outreach groups, religious groups and even 'just a group of friends'.

BUT it is becoming quite a problem (no kidding). PAWS does not have the facilities for large groups (only 1 old toilet lah), and no rest area.

All good and well, but maybe folks need to call ahead to make an appointment first and keep the group small (20 people max) if possible. It is also helpful if the group can propose its own projects to do at PAWS, without pre planning - almost all end up cleaning and painting.

Tinker tinker...

(1) Maybe gotong royong to put up a new wall or plant wall high plants covering the unsightly eye sore outer walls.
(2) Maybe gotong royong to level the grounds around the shelter to make it easier for people to walk the dogs around the shelter perimeter.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my