Q & A on Malaysia K9 Day

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Khoobg
Webmaster

Dec 19, 2003, 6:19 PM

Post #1 of 42 (6435 views)
Shortcut
Q & A on Malaysia K9 Day Can't Post

Several Qs sent by one member via email :- Regarding the puppython, I have some enquiries which i would like to make:

1) Are we allowed to bring along toys/treats to encourage the dogs during the puppython?

>> You can use whatever technique to encourage your dog or puppy to run (except the use of force).

2) Approximately how long is the Puppython?

>> The range should be less than 1 km. We have not measure the actual distance.

3) What obstacles are there?

>> Simple obstacle that require the dog or puppy to jump over. Should not be a problem even for small breed dogs.

4) Is the puppython only for puppies or can it also be for adult dogs?

>> Opened to both puppies and adult dog.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Dec 19, 2003, 6:23 PM)

viesta16
Dog Kichi

Dec 19, 2003, 7:55 PM

Post #2 of 42 (6422 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Q & A on Malaysia K9 Day [In reply to] Can't Post

This is the first time for us to join K9 Day, so i have few Qs to ask
1. Do we need to register in advance ( for puppython)?
2. during the games, puppy will compete with the adult dogs? small breeds will compete with large breeds ? or according to category?
3. and for the games, i really dunno wat is it about, like fast and furious, waggy tails, and so on. can you please brief us?

thx a lot!

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Dec 19, 2003, 10:01 PM

Post #3 of 42 (6414 views)
Shortcut
Re: [viesta16] Q & A on Malaysia K9 Day [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Viesta16,

1st of all welcome and good to know that you will be joining us for the event :)

Let me help in answering some of your questions here ya.

1) Do we need to register in advance (for puppython) ?

>> For the Puppython and games the registration will be done on the day itself.

The only EXCEPTION here is only on the Mr & Miss Puppycom Pagent where the online form has already been created for registration by our webmaster.

2) during the games, puppy will compete with the adult dogs ? small breeds will compete with large breeds? or according to category ?

>> For Puppython all the dogs (irregardless of big or small) and puppies will run for 1 km together with the owner in a group. There is not separation of groups in here.

>> As for the Mr & Miss Puppycom Pagent, there is a segregration of Big , Medium or small dogs. There is a thread posted by Boon in explaining in details on the Dog Show and Championship forum - title : Puppycom Malaysia Dog Beauty Pageant 2004

>> In the other games section all the dogs will compete together.

3) and for the games, i really dunno what is it about, like fast and furios, waggy tails, and so on. can you please brief us?

>> for the games, we will post up a summary briefing of the games soon. Please stay tune ya !

Hope this helps.....Smile

cheers,
minglmy

(This post was edited by minglmy on Dec 19, 2003, 10:03 PM)

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Dec 19, 2003, 10:14 PM

Post #4 of 42 (6408 views)
Shortcut

Are members going to wear user ID tags? New members like me won't know who's who although we chat in the forum. Tongue

(This post was edited by phoenix on Dec 19, 2003, 10:22 PM)

viesta16
Dog Kichi

Dec 20, 2003, 6:17 PM

Post #5 of 42 (6383 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Q & A on Malaysia K9 Day [In reply to] Can't Post

thx a lot for the information.

pity me! i dont think i can join you guys there, because i need to be at the STAR FAIR, my company has a booth there. but i try to come for the opening ceremony and register my furkid there. my hubby will b there instead. :( miss this big event!

for puppython, can we put leash on our furkids?

boon
Doggyman

Dec 21, 2003, 9:17 AM

Post #6 of 42 (6372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [viesta16] Q & A on Malaysia K9 Day [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Hope you can join us during the day and for puppython, ur dog need to be leashed.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

drew
ALPHA

Dec 22, 2003, 12:55 AM

Post #7 of 42 (6365 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Q & A on Malaysia K9 Day [In reply to] Can't Post

boon,

sorry for not attending the gathering and meeting today. was raining and i'm dead tired like a dead fish so didn't managed to wake up to go. mum also lazy to wake up. hahaha so sorry !! possible for u to send me the info ? sorry ya

Kowie
ALPHA

Dec 22, 2003, 5:03 AM

Post #8 of 42 (6360 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Sorry couldn't make it today. Lots of work and assignments to finish lah... Updates please??? Smile Haven't recieved anything in my mail about the event yet... Anyways.. My add is fiendish_teh@yahoo.co.uk can't wait for the event!!!! Hehehe!! Cool Make sure you bring your pinky lady Wink

Frown Kowie, Ah Kow & Whitie Frown

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Dec 22, 2003, 5:43 PM

Post #9 of 42 (6346 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phoenix] Q & A on Malaysia K9 Day [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Phoenix,

All the committee members will be wearing an ID Tag on that day for you guys to identify who is who Smile so no worries ya !

cheers,
minglmy

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Dec 22, 2003, 5:59 PM

Post #10 of 42 (6336 views)
Shortcut

Okie-doke, minglmy! Thanks!

comel23
Novice

Dec 22, 2003, 7:23 PM

Post #11 of 42 (6328 views)
Shortcut

Hi everyone

The X'mas KK gathering last Sunday was fun to watch although we were late for an hour. Thanks for organizing another successful gathering - great job organizers!!Smile

As for the big event on the 11/1/2004, I am glad that the committee members are wearing name tags, but I am still trying to get to know you guys as I'm familiar only with your nick names via the forum. I will look out for you guys!!!Wink

One thing that I wish for all dog lovers to do during such gathering is to remember to pick-up your fur-kids poop, and if you ran out of plastic bags, ask around as I always carry extras just in case. It is sad to see some owners left a pack full of poop under tress and bushes, and some poop was left around the car park. Remember that the public has the right to make complaints, and I am afraid we won't be allowed to have a dog park day if we continue to leave a big mess. I hope on the big K9 day, garbage bins can be placed all over the place - makes it easier for owners to quickly dump it instead of abandoning it around a corner somewhere. Let's be a good and responsible dog owner........Shocked

Thanks and I look forward to seeing all of you soon !
Cheers Everyone

"Love Your Dog and You'll Be Loved Unconditionally"

mackmack
Doggyman

Dec 29, 2003, 5:29 PM

Post #12 of 42 (6269 views)
Shortcut
Re: [comel23] Q & A on Malaysia K9 Day [In reply to] Can't Post

comel23,

Yeah, agree with you, hope "poo-bags" are provided and could get it "handy". Another thing is.... Hope can see trash can everywhere too, so the "cleaning job" could be easier and dog owners would have no reasons not to pick up after their dogs.

Maybe we could have PuppyCom Rangers to remind the owners "Here's the BAG, Please pick it up after ur dogs!"Wink

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 29, 2003, 9:18 PM

Post #13 of 42 (6256 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Q & A on Malaysia K9 Day [In reply to] Can't Post

hey... having the PuppyCom Rangers is a damn good idea! Cool at least the Rangers are given the power and authority to 'sound' the irresponsible dog owners who do not pick up after their dogs...

cool! i support having Rangers patrolling the park during the K9 Day! Wink

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

boon
Doggyman

Dec 29, 2003, 9:38 PM

Post #14 of 42 (6255 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Q & A on Malaysia K9 Day [In reply to] Can't Post

ok,

puger have enuf member to form the k9 day ranger, so who volunteer ?

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 29, 2003, 9:47 PM

Post #15 of 42 (6253 views)
Shortcut

***look right... look left... look up... look down... repeat few times*** who's volunteering leh? Tongue

eh why puger only meh? open to all forum members mar...

but seriously... i do not mind volunteering as a Ranger if the committee really wants to go ahead with 's idea... but must have shifts wor... whole day a bit tough lor...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

boon
Doggyman

Dec 29, 2003, 9:55 PM

Post #16 of 42 (6251 views)
Shortcut

HI,

That is y puger, more people can have multiple shifts loh

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 29, 2003, 10:01 PM

Post #17 of 42 (6250 views)
Shortcut

some of us pugers would be helping out with the registration counter in the morning... we dun wan to 'bah' (take) every task lar... must share share with other forum members...

anyway... when this is confirmed... let us know ya...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

boon
Doggyman

Dec 29, 2003, 10:23 PM

Post #18 of 42 (6246 views)
Shortcut

confirmed lah, anything else i need to do to so call officially confirmed this ?

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 29, 2003, 10:36 PM

Post #19 of 42 (6244 views)
Shortcut

of coz there are so much to do ar...

first... get this made known to the other forum members and get more to volunteer...

second... do up a schedule and shifts... another idea to have the Rangers to walk in pairs lar...

third... need some identification (tags?) for the Rangers...

fourth... have to make sure the Rangers have enough supply of poo bags during their rounds...

that's all for now lar... what say u mr boon?

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

boon
Doggyman

Dec 29, 2003, 10:53 PM

Post #20 of 42 (6240 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ai Ney,

Noted. Check out in the K9 Thread

KEIDOU

Jan 1, 2004, 2:08 AM

Post #21 of 42 (6187 views)
Shortcut

hello webmaster,
Q1: about the picture for the miss/mr photogenic,need to give before or on that day or...can i send online directly?

Q2:about the beauty contest need to wear for contest all day long or just in the contest time ?

Q3: after online enrol, need to enrol again ?or enrol for other game.....

TQ
TongueKEIDOUTongue
ALWIZ BE NAUGHTY!
BE FUNNY
BE NAIVE

.'"'..
'
( '0' )_!)
' '
LL_ *_J

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jan 1, 2004, 5:36 AM

Post #22 of 42 (6183 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KEIDOU] Q & A on Malaysia K9 Day [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Keidou,

Let me help in answering here ya Smile

a1) For the Mr / Miss Photogenic there isn't any need to send in any photo's as the judging wil be based on the day's performance and look Wink

a2) For the beauty Contest there is 3 part to it.

1st part
: is walk around with ALL the other contestant and show the judge your dog's coloring , nice nice fur, cutey face n all that cute stuff. The judge will choose the quarter-finalist based on grouping ( each grouping's finalist there is 3 dog and 3 bitch )

For the 2nd Part
: All the quarter-finalist will have to be dressed in their cute outfit and do the 'dog-walk' in front of the judges. The judges will then choose the semi-finalist of 12 dogs.

For the 3rd part
: All the 12 semi-finalist they will then compete in doing tricks or obedience show for the judges to choose the top 6 finalist where the judges will then choose the Mr & Miss Puppycom from there.

(more details will be out later ya ! so keep a lookout !)

A3) For the enrollment or registration, you only need to do it once and it would be sufficient.

Thank you for your support ! See you there !

cheers,
minglmy

paulynn
ALPHA

Jan 4, 2004, 7:20 AM

Post #23 of 42 (6138 views)
Shortcut

hi mingyang,

I remembered that i've offered to help out on the K9 Day when u sent an email askingwhether we'd help out.Just want to know what i have to do on that day.Be it Puppy Rangers ( would definitely love to do that!) or any thing just let me know yeah.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jan 5, 2004, 3:20 AM

Post #24 of 42 (6128 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulynn] Q & A on Malaysia K9 Day [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey girl,

Are you interested in helping me out or being one of the puppy ranger ? If you are interested in doing the puppy ranger thingy then the right person you should liase with is Boon Smile Its your choice.... let me know soon ya. Thanks again for helping Wink

cheers,
minglmy

paulynn
ALPHA

Jan 5, 2004, 6:00 AM

Post #25 of 42 (6121 views)
Shortcut

As long as there are in need of volunteers just let me know what to do.But i'll be joining the puppython event just to let u know.Not sure about other events though but will let u know asap.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my