First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 18, 2004, 7:22 PM

Post #76 of 97 (1694 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NeXiEm] ChEsTeR doens't wanna listen to me! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmmmm...

I think better check with the vet to see what is wrong with the leg. I read up about this genetic disease that JRTs can suffer from, where the joint is defective and causes pain whenever the dog walks. Can't remember the name of the disease now, will look it up.

UnsureUnsureUnsure Hope that Chester is ok.... Best to check it out with the vet. How old is Chester now?

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

NeXiEm
Dog Kichi

Feb 20, 2004, 3:07 AM

Post #77 of 97 (1691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aragorn2976] ChEsTeR doens't wanna listen to me! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey there,Angelic i was just wondering... your nick aragorn2976, does the 2976 stands for 2/9/1976? ekeke... make me curious.

Chester is fine, but still got pain i guess...by looking at the way he walks... he tried to walk with 3 legs today... hMmMm... fell inside the drain...Crazy poor guy... i was wondering, if it's the bone problem, should i buy calsium tablet for him?? make his bone stronger... ??Crazy Chester is 4 months by the end of this month, on the 28th. I thought he might be born with the problem.. might be genetics, like the way you said...

I found out today that Chester is actually quite hot tempered... he barks at Lassie when she refused to play with him... make me laugh...Tongue

how's snoopy getting on with the "hand"? Wink

-my DoGs And I-
LaSSie, CynDy aNd CheSteR

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 20, 2004, 3:10 AM

Post #78 of 97 (1690 views)
Shortcut

Hahaahah....

Heehe... Yea... It's part of my b'day... TongueTongue Easier to remember... Kekeke...

Poor Chester... UnsureUnsureUnsureUnsure How is he feeling? I think it is best to take him to see the vet and get things sorted out... FrownFrown

Wow, at 4mths, he should be quite a big boy by now... Am sure that he can't fit on that small stool that you've placed him on for that pic... TongueTongue

Kekeke....

Snoopy sort of knows "hand" now.. Which is good. She still mouths but not so much now. We've got a new trick to teach her... "Don't jump on the chairs...!!!".. Kekee...

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

NeXiEm
Dog Kichi

Feb 20, 2004, 3:39 AM

Post #79 of 97 (1689 views)
Shortcut

haha... my guess is correct!! WinkWink

he doesn't fit on the stool anymore. quite a big boy. Everyone who comes to my house say he's getting bigger and more "handsome" ahaha... especially, my aunt, she likes him alot. when he's small that time she likes to carry Chester ALOT! And Chester also like to be carried alot.. ahaha.. suka sama suka. cannot do anything... Laugh

when i took chester out for a walk just now on a leash outside my house, i see that he looks very fierce (aggresive) MadMad when ppl walk pass him... i thought he might want to attack that old lady....
shouldn't lab be gentle cretures?? UnsureUnsure

haha... snoopy lives inside the house?? he likes to jump on chairs?? ekeke.. he's such a lucky guy...

-my DoGs And I-

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 20, 2004, 4:33 PM

Post #80 of 97 (1687 views)
Shortcut

TongueTongueTongue...

How's Chester's leg? Better?

Hehehe... My colleagues at work are fans of Snoopy. They constantly ask about her.. TongueTongueTongue

Hmmm.. Time to teach Chester the "Leave it" command so that he doesn't pull on the leash to come close to someone.. TongueTongue

Yea.. Snoopy lives in the house. She likes to jump on chairs and beds but we don't allow her anymore. She is tons luckier than my previous dog... TongueTongue Kekeke... BTW, Snoopy's a gal but her actions always make me think that she's a little guy at times... Hmmm... Maybe she's a tomboy...!!! LaughLaughLaugh

Join the JRT Zone

NeXiEm
Dog Kichi

Feb 26, 2004, 4:52 AM

Post #81 of 97 (1680 views)
Shortcut

HmmMm.. he's leg are still like that... I think chester is beginning to change his teeth... he's teeth fall out yesterday, i kept it back for remembrance... ekekke... he's very naughty nowadays... alwiz go disturb lassie... got bitten few times... he never seems to learn his lesson...

chester seem to be the opposite of snoopy... he's more gentle.. not the rough kind of dog..

i alwiz said "no" when he looks aggresive... then, he'll just walk away...

-my DoGs And I-

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 26, 2004, 4:03 PM

Post #82 of 97 (1678 views)
Shortcut

Aii....

Hmmm... I think better check it out with the vet. See what his opinion is about the leg. UnsureUnsure

Kekeke... I didn't keep any of Snoopy's teeth because she swallowed most of them... ShockedShocked I wanted to keep one but everyone in my house felt disgusted and so, had to throw away... Unsure

Hahaa... You're right. Snoopy is like a gangster... CrazyCrazyCrazy Don't know what to do with this dog sometimes... LaughLaugh

Join the JRT Zone

NeXiEm
Dog Kichi

Mar 2, 2004, 5:03 AM

Post #83 of 97 (1675 views)
Shortcut

Nah! Dogs are just plain notti sometimes.... my boyfriend thought it was weird to keep his teeth back. ahahaTongue... actually does dog change their teeth?

i don't really remember any of my other pets changes their teeth... Crazy

how do your normally train snoopy? hopefully could learn something from you... ekeke..

-my DoGs And I-

jooann
Enthusiast

Mar 2, 2004, 11:58 PM

Post #84 of 97 (1672 views)
Shortcut

what's wrong with you keeping your dogs teeth for remembrance??

by the way, u know those plastic containers that come with camera films.... clear see-thru one, not black coloured ones..... confession: when i was young i had a whole container filled with my baby teeth! BlushLaughTongue

my mum kept it for me as remembrance, but i was so pleased and proud of them that i used to show them off to our visitors.... much to my mum's embarrasment! hehe.... now dunno where izzit liao... i think she finally threw them away so i can't show it to ppl... Tongue

Tongue Joo Ann N Sushi

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 3, 2004, 12:07 AM

Post #85 of 97 (1671 views)
Shortcut

LaughLaughLaughLaugh...

Kekkeke... Yea... Dogs do change their teeth!! TongueTongueTongue I didn't know it before because I've kept larger pups and not those 2mths and below before. Tongue I think I've never seen a dog loose its teeth because it was all swallowed (sounds gross) by them.. TongueTongue

Hehehe... Training is easy once you know what motivates your dog. Does Chester like toys or food more? TongueTongue Snoopy is food-motivated and she is willing to perform when she knows that there is a treat around. To teach a new trick, we use some treats, after that, we reinforce using praise & toys. It works... LaughLaugh But then, Snoopy is strong willed and so, most of the time, she doesn't want to listen to us... SlySly

Join the JRT Zone

NeXiEm
Dog Kichi

Mar 8, 2004, 5:50 AM

Post #86 of 97 (1667 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jooann] ChEsTeR doens't wanna listen to me! [In reply to] Can't Post

I never keep any of my tooth, mainly because i was superstitious, whenever my tooth fell out, i would alwiz throw them away... but it's cool if you can keep it... my granny use to tell me, when the tooth from the top jaw fall out, throw the tooth downwards.. and if it falls out from the bottom, throw it high up... forgotten what is the purpose for... throwing up and down... but i thought it was fun!!

-my DoGs And I-

NeXiEm
Dog Kichi

Mar 8, 2004, 5:53 AM

Post #87 of 97 (1666 views)
Shortcut

Chester is mostly attracted to food... very "wai sik".Tongue i have to find other ways to teach him, because he's alwiz looking at the food and not at me... Frown

maybe i could leash train him.. get him to pay more attention to me... really out of ideas...Frown

-my DoGs And I-

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 8, 2004, 7:05 AM

Post #88 of 97 (1665 views)
Shortcut

Ah....

Here's a tip. Hide the treat in your hand.. Make sure that he doesn't see it... TongueTongue (Impossible-la since he can smell it already)... If you could, put the treat in a pocket or pouch so that he can't see it but he knows that it is there...

I read somewhere that even if the dog doesn't perform the trick right, you should not reprimand, but just reassure him that its ok. Give the treat when he gets it right!! Sly

Training tricks with a training leash would help too. Generally, labs are very attentive to the trainer, so, it should be no prob teaching Chester then... TongueTongue

Kekeke... Got to go now... Snoopy's saliva is all over my face after she attacked me... CrazyCrazyCrazy

Join the JRT Zone

NeXiEm
Dog Kichi

Mar 26, 2004, 4:59 AM

Post #89 of 97 (1662 views)
Shortcut

aihz!! couldn't log in for 2 weeks, something wrong with my comp adi..

how's snoopy?? if he can smells the food, he won't be interested to do anything except that he sits there and wait for me to feed him.. akakak!!Tongue

nowadays he like to make those kind of manja noise, like crying, Frowncause i dun wanna layan him... so bad la... so young already know how to use all this trick on me..

purposely make my heart soft... so that i give in.. very very bad bad boy!!Crazy

after that, alwiz use the hand to call me, like trying to shake hand with me... hahaha... cute..

-my DoGs And I-

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 26, 2004, 4:46 PM

Post #90 of 97 (1661 views)
Shortcut

Hi....

Snoopy is great. She's approaching 7 mths and I'm so excited...!! Kekeke...

Hahaa.. Snoopy is like that too, if she sees the food, her mind is zoned in on the food and nothing else... Hunting instinct kicks in!!!!

Hehhee.. Snoopy does that too esp when she is in a room or a door is in between us. However, unlike your Chester, Snoopy will bark for attention... LaughLaughLaugh Kekeke.. Chester is so cute to use his hand to get your attention... SmileSmile

Haahah... Chester is a little bit on the manja side-la... TongueTongue

Join the JRT Zone

NeXiEm
Dog Kichi

Apr 6, 2004, 2:37 AM

Post #91 of 97 (1654 views)
Shortcut

Frown i do have to agree, my whole family is a bit too much in "showering" him with lotsa love!! ekeke...Wink

he's manja, playful, and alwiz gets away with all the crimes he commit.. hahaha..

chester baru 5 mths. he's very big in size... grows ups really fast...Crazy i'm teaching him how to lie down and sleep on the side... he already knows how to crawl... but sometimes just bit too lazy to do it... very stubborn also...

-my DoGs And I-

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 13, 2004, 8:13 PM

Post #92 of 97 (1640 views)
Shortcut

Hi there..

Sorry that this is sooo late. Been really busy at work.

Anyway, my dog is also being pampered and spoilt by us all. Just last night, she jumped up o my parents bed and my mom was screaming. LaughLaughLaugh

I allow Snoopy to jump on my bed to sleep but after a while, I'll transfer her to her cage... TongueTongue

Talk about stubborn, Snoopy is stubborn!! However, we know what motivates her is food and so, it is a lot easier at times. Tongue

Join the JRT Zone

NeXiEm
Dog Kichi

Apr 14, 2004, 4:51 AM

Post #93 of 97 (1636 views)
Shortcut

hey there!!!...Smile

I've been teaching Chester how to lie on his side and the roll over... and crawl in this few week. He got all the command right.. and i'm so happy...

There's really a sense of satisfation after all the hard work we both put in.. ekeke... I'm so proud of him... treat him ice cream today... ekekWink

My dad was laughing while i was teaching him... he's just really cute... everyday at work, i'm just looking forward to seeing him at home..

-my DoGs And I-

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 19, 2004, 2:02 AM

Post #94 of 97 (1624 views)
Shortcut

Wow!!!

Fantastic!!!! Congrats on your achievement!! TongueTongueTongue The next step, teach him to "die"... LaughLaughLaugh

Kakaka... Snoopy is very food motivated and so, hard to teach her without treats sometimes. Anyway, she still cannot master "stay". Teaching "stay" is quite hard for a JRT since she likes to be on the move all the time. Crazy

Kekeke.. I look forward to Snoopy everyday after work as it destresses me and she is so happy when I come home. Kekeke... She is such a lovable rascal!! Sly

Join the JRT Zone

NeXiEm
Dog Kichi

Apr 21, 2004, 5:58 AM

Post #95 of 97 (1617 views)
Shortcut

Ekeke....Wink There's few times he managed to stop halfway when he was rolling.... but then i asked him to stay, he just couldn't stay... Crazy

He's also more motivated by treat... food... if i don't use any food to motivated him, he'll.... stray...walk away.... Unsure alwiz concentrate on my hand only.. i alwiz use hand signal combined with oral command... but i think he's more in to the hand signal...

i'm trying to teach him how to make him balance on his two hind legs while putting his both hands up...
do you have any idea how could i make him do that? i dun think he really understand me, when i'm teaching him this.. FrownUnsure

-my DoGs And I-

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 23, 2004, 8:46 AM

Post #96 of 97 (1610 views)
Shortcut

CrazyCrazyCrazyCrazy...

Kekekeke... Snoopy's version of "roll over" is like that too sometimes. If she is super excited, she'll do a full 180 degrees turn... Tongue

The trick is not to let him see the treat but hide it so that he knows it is there. He can smell the treat but with the combo of hand signals, you can train him without showing the treat first. If you show the treat, his concentration is on the treat, not on you, the trainer. TongueTongue Kekeke.. It is like talking to a wall once he sees the treat!! Sly

I think you want Chester to "beg". This is very simple. You can let him see or smell the treat by placing it just above his nose. Pull the treat away from this nose (vertically) and he should slowlly try to reach out for it. Remember the command "beg"... TongueTongue

Kekeke... Snoopy caught this one really fast and she is so cute when she begs. However, she loves to jump and so, her hind legs are very strong, so, very natural for her to beg or stand on her hind feet.

My previous dog Oofy, took "begging" a step further. She could "walk" while I held her paws on two legs, forwards and backwards.. SlySlySly She was easier to train than Snoopy.... Kekke...

Have fun!

Join the JRT Zone

connie82
Novice

May 23, 2004, 8:38 PM

Post #97 of 97 (1531 views)
Shortcut

Hi NeXiem...Laugh

I have read through this thread... and realise that my lil Rockie who is a GR is exactly like Chester... He is now 4 months ols and is very stuborn...Mad Only listen to my command when he feel like it... and when there is food to motivate him...Unsure He has already learn sit, stay, down, come and hand but will only do it.. if there is treats for him and he feels like listening...Frown

Wow.. at first I thought I was the only one having such problem with a puppy... but never know that there are still people out there having the same trouble...Sly

Mind teaching me how to get Rockie to listen to me... like ur secrect formula to Chester obeying you...Blush

-Connie-

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my