Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Eye Care and Conditions:
Something stick on my puppy's eyes......

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 6, 2003, 12:34 AM

Post #1 of 37 (8194 views)
Shortcut
Something stick on my puppy's eyes...... Can't Post

Hi guys,

I'm having a bit trouble with my puppy eyes....yesterday me and my gf was powdering and brushing Baby (Shih Tzu 2 months old)....there is this dandraff stick into his eyes....althought he is feeling itchy bout it but i wanna get that thing out from his eyesFrownFrownFrownFrown.....anyway idea how to do it (DIY)???

FYI, Baby haven't been able to take bath since he was born till now....he can only take bath tomorrow.....CrazyCrazyCrazy

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

poor_me
Enthusiast

Dec 6, 2003, 12:58 AM

Post #2 of 37 (8192 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rebooto] Something stick on my puppy's eyes...... [In reply to] Can't Post

Just wipe his eyes with a clean towel. Use those eye cleaners too.

Almost forgot to mention. You are supposed to do it frequently (cleaning the eyes) to keep his eyes clear.

(This post was edited by poor_me on Dec 6, 2003, 12:59 AM)

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 6, 2003, 1:05 AM

Post #3 of 37 (8189 views)
Shortcut
Re: [poor_me] Something stick on my puppy's eyes...... [In reply to] Can't Post

harr.....u mean use a clean towel to touch/clean his eye ball ???? 'cause that dandruff stink on his eyeball...in the middle somemore.....will touching the towel to his eyes will make him blind???

But i did try to use my hand to try touching the dandruff...hoping the dandruff will stick on my finger...but fail to perform that 'cause Baby keep on closing his eye when my finger is close to his eyeball. sometime even shake his away from my hand.....

hmmm must buy the eye cleaner then....don't know if eye mo will work on dog???

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 6, 2003, 6:01 AM

Post #4 of 37 (8184 views)
Shortcut

hi rebooto,

yes u can buy eye-mo, the one that we human use, for your puppy... this suggestion was given to me by my previous vet...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 8, 2003, 5:18 PM

Post #5 of 37 (8172 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Something stick on my puppy's eyes...... [In reply to] Can't Post

that would be cool...thx for the invaluable info ai ney...Wink

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 8, 2003, 7:24 PM

Post #6 of 37 (8168 views)
Shortcut

You could try the eyemoSmile

or try this..put your fingers-thumb at he bottom of the eye,index on the top. Then sort of close his eye till the middle where the dandruff is,take a piece of tissue and just lightly touch it. That might help.Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 8, 2003, 7:34 PM

Post #7 of 37 (8167 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Something stick on my puppy's eyes...... [In reply to] Can't Post

yesterday more worst....his lose fur stick into his eyes....haiya..i guess i'll get the eyemo for him....k k ...will try that method to remove stuff/particle from his eyes....

thx RD

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 9, 2003, 11:16 PM

Post #8 of 37 (8155 views)
Shortcut

Hello,Smile

maybe you could trim the fur around your pup's face (it might help).

Good luck and all the best. Do update us on her progress.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 12, 2003, 6:00 PM

Post #9 of 37 (8138 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Something stick on my puppy's eyes...... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi RealityDreamer,

Thx for the advice....but i don't know how to trim his face fur as not good at handling scissor...hehe

anyway, i've bought a tick comb and found it to be very useful to comb his face fur....hehehe

still haven't get the eye mo as i've check his eye...there is nothing sticking there anymore...Smile

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 13, 2003, 6:27 AM

Post #10 of 37 (8131 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

First..try to get her still (lol..this might be hardLaugh). The cover her eyes with your hand,leaving the fur around her eyes..then just trim.

ah..that's good to hear. Dogs hv their own way of getting themselves clean & healthy Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 15, 2003, 5:50 PM

Post #11 of 37 (8127 views)
Shortcut

hi hi,

i've heard the pet shop ppl said that by trimming their fur near the eye will make them look ugly then they grow up...

yeah...everytime after he pee pee ... he always licks his...eeeeeeee ....then i just grab a wet cloth and clean his......after he pee pee....only if i see it,,

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 16, 2003, 8:54 AM

Post #12 of 37 (8123 views)
Shortcut

huh? which pet shop? where?

In that case,*ALOT* of dogs would look really ugly.Tongue

wah..u really hardworking~
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 16, 2003, 6:26 PM

Post #13 of 37 (8122 views)
Shortcut

my frequent one la....they said if short dun look nice....must let them grow long then only cut it...

not hardworking...force to by the emperor....kekekekek

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 17, 2003, 1:54 AM

Post #14 of 37 (8119 views)
Shortcut

then i think alot of the poodles and long coated dogs would look very very ugly lo~

If the fur is short,it's practical in a sense that a) it doesn't block the dogs view, b) it doesn't encourage infections in the eye and c)prevents alot of eye problems. :)

"must let them grow long then only cut it... "Crazy

so in the end..it'll still end up short?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 17, 2003, 5:48 PM

Post #15 of 37 (8116 views)
Shortcut

hahaha true true....

huh...got eye infections due to fur is long???

neh...not quite sure what he said though..but that is what he said to me....hmmm i'm wondering now what he meant in the 1st place....will call him later to verify....hehehe

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 18, 2003, 5:51 AM

Post #16 of 37 (8113 views)
Shortcut

yes..it encourages infection coz the might touch the eye...or get wet and u know dogs...lie here and there..play with god knows what lol then the fur is around the eyes..eyes are dampUnimpressed plus damp and dirty fur...perfect for bacteria.

ok..pls do let me know what he meansCrazy...coz i hv seen alot of long coated dogs with the fur around the eyes and faces shaved.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 22, 2003, 8:40 PM

Post #17 of 37 (8110 views)
Shortcut

ohh gee, then i guess i need to clean clean the fur below his eye... just yesterday while he was sleeping i took a damp tissue and wipe the fur below his eyes and the whole tissue was in brownish after wiping. Besides that, i feel there is some sticky stuff on the fur and its where the smell comes from...

he says that is up to you to cut it or not. Usually if for competition, they will tend to let them grow long...its like a misai later on if long....hmmm wonder would be good to grow long once and then only cut to short....hehehe

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 23, 2003, 3:10 AM

Post #18 of 37 (8108 views)
Shortcut

Smile sticky stuff might be the eye discharge which needs to be cleaned..so you're doing the right thing.

Aah...no wonder. Alot of ppl cut it for convenience..those only for show hv to keep it long because it's part of the breed standard.

IMHO,If it's causing problems,then try to cut ASAP...

But for practicality,convenience and health,I would also cut it ASAP...
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 23, 2003, 6:15 PM

Post #19 of 37 (8104 views)
Shortcut

yep, those are the eye discharges...some are yellowish..brownish.....

yesterday, i've clean clean clean all of it ....now his face is not that smelly anymore.but still there are some...

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 24, 2003, 5:04 AM

Post #20 of 37 (8102 views)
Shortcut

it's not greenish at all right?

Any grey-ish colour?

lol.Laugh Everyday will be there.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 24, 2003, 4:50 PM

Post #21 of 37 (8100 views)
Shortcut

nop...nothing is greenish ...actually greenish stuff is what??? bacteria's disposal??

hmmm not that i can see of...i mean the greyish stuff...???what is that again??? nasty bacteria's disposal???

yeah...everyday also got that stinky smell...haiya

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 25, 2003, 9:00 AM

Post #22 of 37 (8097 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

yeap...you're right. The green discharge is a sign of an infection.

The greyish colour is sort of the norm. Don't worry though..brownish is alright.

I'm just worried abt the smell...a little confused as wellCrazy Normally it doesn't smell.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 26, 2003, 5:08 PM

Post #23 of 37 (8095 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

ohhh geee, luckily i don't see any green stuff on his face....phew....but i'll keep my eye open wide and examine him closely daily......

yeah....now there is this patch of fur just below his both eye...are kind of stick together and in brown color....when i touch it, some sticky stuff will stick on my finger and when i smell those sticky stuff...eeewwwww....stinky like mad......

So at last bought him the optrex yesterday and clean the fur then put a drop of it into his eyes...hmmm didn't manage to check him this morning as i was rushing to work...

so hopyfully he will feel better ler...

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 27, 2003, 8:44 AM

Post #24 of 37 (8090 views)
Shortcut

Hi,Smile

You're a very good owner.Examining it everyday.AngelicSmile

I think it's the tear drops. There was a discussion or 2 on this topic. Perhaps you could look it up. It might help. Don't know much abt the tear drops.

If there is nothing wrong with the eye,you don't hv to use optrex. In the long run,it might not be good.

He should be...sooner or later with an owner like youSmile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 27, 2003, 8:03 PM

Post #25 of 37 (8088 views)
Shortcut

SmileSmile...good day...

Neh, just wanna give the best to him only...Tongue

ohh ok ok...but actually yesterday me and my gf force him to stay and we kerjakan dia...hehehehe

got a huge eyes discharge stuck on his fur ....at 1st decided to cut the fur out...hmmm but eventually i thought of another idea...

i took the optrex and drop on the hardened eye discharge...let it become soft then use my 2 fingernail and clip it out....waaaalaaaa

now he is not smelly anymore...phew...i guess need to bath him again...hehe

yeah...i decided to use optrex only when his eyes discharge sticky stuff....

neh..the real owner is my gf..not me...

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my