First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

chris78
K9 Maniac

Dec 4, 2003, 3:07 PM

Post #1 of 40 (16760 views)
Shortcut
Afghan Hound Can't Post

Hello all,

Will anyone be able to help about this breed?

JolinG
Doggyman

Dec 5, 2003, 1:39 AM

Post #2 of 40 (16749 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chris78] Afghan Hound [In reply to] Can't Post

hey chris

in malaysia i've only seen 1...that was a few years ago..this lady from penang shows it

very beautiful

thinking of getting 1?...oh its large breed dog with long coat lar........so have to groom groom groomWink

looks very elegant too.......i think if u wanna get it...m'sia takda loh

2ephyr
ALPHA

Dec 5, 2003, 6:23 AM

Post #3 of 40 (16747 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JolinG] Afghan Hound [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe brooklyn can masuk da list....since he resembles afghan TongueTongue

btw...chris where did u go missin ah? suddenly pop out ShockedShockedShocked

chris78
K9 Maniac

Dec 5, 2003, 12:35 PM

Post #4 of 40 (16737 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jo,

In fact I just got two, a male and a female. The male is silver with black masked - 11 months old and the female is golden with black masked - 7 months old. The female is giving me a problem now. I just took them home and she is whining like nobody business!Mad Very playful and stubborn....sigh....UnsureThe male is alright. You can see the pic in the picture gallery .

chris78
K9 Maniac

Dec 5, 2003, 12:36 PM

Post #5 of 40 (16737 views)
Shortcut
Re: [2ephyr] Afghan Hound [In reply to] Can't Post

Back in UK liao lor....how's everything? How's Brooklyn doing? How many months old liao aar?

JolinG
Doggyman

Dec 5, 2003, 12:41 PM

Post #6 of 40 (16737 views)
Shortcut

ahha WOW!!!!!!!
hows their temprement?....obedient? quiet quiet kind rite?.......so ur house now got 5 dogs arh?
wooooooooo
showing them or for fun?Wink
i think i liek the female colour better...golden with black mask!.........

chris78
K9 Maniac

Dec 5, 2003, 12:54 PM

Post #7 of 40 (16736 views)
Shortcut

They are alright. Never hear them bark or growl for the time being. Obedient lo. Just one problem - they are really heavy. My GAWD!!! Tried to bathe them today but sigh....Unsure....so I have to send them to the groomer. Never thought of showing them at the moment but maybe kua. The female sister is Cruft 2004 qualified. The male is imported from Ireland. I like the male more than the female. The girl just get on my nerves. I am going to show my Yorkshire but he is only 3 1/2 months now. Too young. But will bring him to Ringcraft classes in a couple of weeks time.

How's everything? Send my regards to your daddy, k. Smile

Riccaval
ALPHA

Dec 5, 2003, 8:11 PM

Post #8 of 40 (16734 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi Chris,

Wow Afgan!! better protect against the Am. and Br.
haha ...sorry just a joke.

Are you going to bring them back when u come home for good? You'll attrct a lot of attention if u do show them. Quite an exotic breed but not sure abt maintenance but you have to groom regularly.

so u given up on ckcs? how is schneider and schowonis doing?
CheersCool

luckey
ALPHA

Dec 6, 2003, 5:30 PM

Post #9 of 40 (16724 views)
Shortcut

hey chris, hi, I'm jenn. wow you have two afghans? I have always wanted to own this breed. They are such beautiful dogs! Wonder if you can help me with a few q's though, do they get along with other dogs? I was reading in books that they were originally developed as hunting dogs, so chase small animals. I have a hyperactive cocker that looks like a small rabbit (compared with the big big afghan) so was wondering if it would be safe to introduce an af to the family?

thanks!

chris78
K9 Maniac

Dec 7, 2003, 5:38 AM

Post #10 of 40 (16719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] Afghan Hound [In reply to] Can't Post

I wont be back in another few years time. If I am going back, I will definitely bring them. Grooming them is a diff task. Have to ask a groomer to do so. Sad to say, I have rehome them to someone I trust. Schneider and Schwoenis are alright. Schwoenis is doing her ringcraft classes now whereas Schneider is always out for a walk in the morning with the kids (their new family).

chris78
K9 Maniac

Dec 7, 2003, 7:37 AM

Post #11 of 40 (16717 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Afghan Hound [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jenn,

Afghan really get along well with other dogs. Although they are big in size, but their temperament is absolutely superb! They get excited whenever they see other dogs. They get along well with my breeder's shih tzu, yorkshire, papillon and chihuahua. They are really great dogs!Smile

luckey
ALPHA

Dec 7, 2003, 8:02 AM

Post #12 of 40 (16717 views)
Shortcut

oh, and now i reallly want one! But not many afs over here in malaysia, so would have to import... also, hubby not keen on afghan - he likes the shorter faced dogs like goldens and labbies... but i shall convince one day Wink hehe.

I read afs were difficult to train, are they? And are they a lot of maintenance (if you don't groom every single day does their fur knot up real fast?)

Oh and was looking for the pics of your afs on the photo gallery but couldnt find any... would love to have a look!

are you permanently in the UK, or are you moving back to Malaysia at some point? (r u malaysian or british?)

chris78
K9 Maniac

Dec 7, 2003, 8:20 AM

Post #13 of 40 (16715 views)
Shortcut

Afghans are really hard to train. They can be stubborn at times, but that should not be a problem. Training them is not as easy as what training a Goldie or Lab. They are kinda hard to train. You have to groom them everyday just in case their coat will get tangle.

I have posted up their picture in the photo gallery but awaiting for approval. I am a Malaysian working in the UK. Getting one here is quite hard as well. There's not many Affie around in the UK but you can give it a try. They are really superb!

luckey
ALPHA

Dec 7, 2003, 7:32 PM

Post #14 of 40 (16713 views)
Shortcut

oh ok, will look out for the picture. So are you planning on bringing your afs back with you if you come back to malaysia, or won't that be for some time yet? Maybe you can popularize the breed here! Are you planning on showing your two in the UK?

well we have 1 golden and 1 cocker, the golden is easier to train for obedience coz she is more steady (i.e. not so hyper and will stay when told, not so quick to react) while our cocker is really quick to learn new tricks like hand, rollover, speak, jumping poles etc, but in obedience training she is a bit too hyper. Where does the afghan fit in - somewhere in between?

oh, and are they heavy, or they just look big? Compared to a great dane, are they about the same height or shorter?

2ephyr
ALPHA

Dec 16, 2003, 9:02 PM

Post #15 of 40 (16699 views)
Shortcut

like that lor....brooklyn 6 months edi ...joanne counted for me...dun realize it at all Tongue

chris78
K9 Maniac

Dec 17, 2003, 9:16 AM

Post #16 of 40 (16696 views)
Shortcut

Wahh...so big liao hor....any pics aar?

chris78
K9 Maniac

Dec 17, 2003, 9:21 AM

Post #17 of 40 (16696 views)
Shortcut

Do not plan to show them....just going to keep them as pet. The Afghans are really hard to train. Not like a Goldie. They are really hyper and need a lot of exercise. They get on well with other dogs. Should not be a problem if you are getting one.

The Afghans are really heavy and big in size. I am not sure about Great Dane as I never get near a GD before. Blush

2ephyr
ALPHA

Dec 17, 2003, 5:24 PM

Post #18 of 40 (16694 views)
Shortcut

yea...plenty of them...ill upload it on da photo gallery once i fininsh editin them...Wink but gotta for weeks for da image 2 gain approval... Unsure

u got any idea where 2 upload them other than da photo gallery? Wink

chris78
K9 Maniac

Dec 18, 2003, 12:12 PM

Post #19 of 40 (16689 views)
Shortcut

Haaaa....I really dont know wor...can email to me aar?

dogslover
Canine Addict

Sep 1, 2004, 11:48 PM

Post #20 of 40 (16340 views)
Shortcut

Hey i ws so happy 2 know that u own 2 Afghan Hound.How much hav u bought it?My uncle he own 1 but a few months later she pass awayUnsure....sad story.......So d u plan 2 sell ur ur puppy if u got any puppy Blush?or u can tell me that is that any breeder in Penag tht thy own a A.H.....This is my e-mail add GraciousLance@hotmail.comSly

dogslover
Canine Addict

Sep 1, 2004, 11:52 PM

Post #21 of 40 (16338 views)
Shortcut

yup.what mean??Shocked

chris78
K9 Maniac

Sep 3, 2004, 9:47 AM

Post #22 of 40 (16323 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dogslover] Afghan Hound [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry to hear that....sad to say....i have rehomed two of my afghan. I dont know whether there is any breeder in Penang or not...but if you would love to import it from the UK, it will probably cost you at least 800 pounds...that is inclusive of the registration and flight.

dogslover
Canine Addict

Oct 7, 2004, 7:39 PM

Post #23 of 40 (16233 views)
Shortcut

hey realy really sorry for i late reply hah....erm....800pounds thn how mch is here costs??was it so hard to take care of it??

stevey
Novice

Oct 8, 2004, 5:43 PM

Post #24 of 40 (16221 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dogslover] Afghan Hound [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Dogslover, I have a few afghans and basically they are very sweet, playful, difficult on toilet train and aloof. Unless you enjoy grooming especially with long coat, otherwise, it will be a challenge for those 1st time owner! My got my boys and girls from abroad. 2 were gone through with an agent, but my younger boy, I did it my self right from serching, contacting the breeder to bring him to Malaysia.

dogslover
Canine Addict

Oct 8, 2004, 11:12 PM

Post #25 of 40 (16208 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevey] Afghan Hound [In reply to] Can't Post

r u sure???wh will u send ur Afghan at here i 1 2 take a look..last time i tht i sw 1 is the black in colour....waw u noe it so beautiful i'm craZ of tbred bt i ct get it cz its too big n it hav a lot of fur....thts the reason my dad he wnt allowed me to by the A.H

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my